CyReN

Halo: MCC is definitely a black eye for us - Frank O'Connor

I don't know if I should be a proud of disappointed owner of this piece of shit.

Depends on how much you had to pay for it, if you got it off EBay that is...

Even a fucked up everything + manual + games goes for 200.00$+, a piece of junk that doesn't work can still cost up to 80.00$.

Depends on how much you had to pay for it, if you got it off EBay that is...

Even a fucked up everything + manual + games goes for 200.00$+, a piece of junk that doesn't work can still cost up to 80.00$.

Got it for $80, and everything came with it.

I get the big picture.  I fully understand the argument about not rewarding companies that make shit products and I fully support it.  But just like people, companies are allowed to learn from their mistakes, improve and start treating others better.  When that happens, they deserve to be rewarded.  Long term behavioral change comes from rewarding good behavior, not just punishing bad.    

In no way did i suggest in my post that I was, "condoning the fact that it's OK to release unfinished games like MCC."  In fact, I very deliberately qualified my statement with, "...provided its actually working when it launches."  aka I will not buy it until i know that the game actually works.  And pre-ordering is simply out of the question, for any game I ever buy.  Never doing it again.

You say that, "MCC was a failure, so why would you reward failure by purchasing halo 5?" Whether or not I buy Halo 5 is a decision based on the merit of Halo 5.  If i determine that the game is working and i like the changes they made since the beta, then i'm buying it.  Why wouldn't I?  In no way am I am going to deny myself a solid game (yet again, if it turns out that way after launch) just to send a continuing message about a past transgression.  I would rather "catch them being good" and reward them for that to increase the likelihood of that good behavior going forward.

To reiterate so nobody tries to put words in my mouth again:  My willingness to buy Halo 5 presupposes that 1) I Approve of the changes they make since the beta and 2) that it is actually fucking working when it releases.  If that's not the case, i wont be buying until it is.  And if it's broke and takes too long (maybe a week or 2, not months and counting like MCC) to fix, then i wont be buying it at all.  I have better things to do with my time.

Again, if you buy halo 5 or anyone else does, they are adding to the problem, not the solution.   People can try to justify the purchase anyway they want, but it doesn't change that fact.  This is simple business economics. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I will reward 343 with a purchase of halo 5 if they continue to fix mcc after halo 5 is out and make conscious efforts to boost population (games with gold or give out a free download of mcc with halo 5)

I will reward 343 with a purchase of halo 5 if they continue to fix mcc after halo 5 is out and make conscious efforts to boost population (games with gold or give out a free download of mcc with halo 5)

my assumption - you wont be buying H5

• Upvote (+1) 2

bnb.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

I feel the same way sort of. If they fix MCC before H5 I might be swayed to purchase the game in a way that directly funds 343. That probably isn't happening though so I'll satisfy my curiosity with a used copy or a friends copy. The only important part to me is that 343 sees none of my money. The game will be played/experienced/enjoyed for what it is regardless of their failures. The only thing up for discussion is whether 343 is being paid for it or not.

343 said they will support the game for years if I remember correctly

edit: maybe not, remembered it from "We want fans playing and enjoying this collection for years" in an update in march.

edit: maybe not, remembered it from "We want fans playing and enjoying this collection for years" in an update in march.

They also said just as you remembered it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

edit: maybe not, remembered it from "We want fans playing and enjoying this collection for years" in an update in march.

I really hope so. I want to always be able to find a game on Halo 1-3 with the MCC.

"Just as you remember" was marketing hype.

"Support for years" by this point is mandatory face-saving. Maybe the supposed support had prior been for a better reason, but now this is the main reason.

I mean, I'm planning to buy the game if it's good, but used. Assuming I like the game, I'm wiling to be being part of the online community (I never buy DLC, though). But I cannot in good conscience directly support 343 due to their business practices--whether intentional or "accidental"--because I'm aware these kind of anti-consumer tendencies are ruining my favorite industry. It's not just about 343. This new trend toward "we'll sell it, then we'll [probably] fix it later" will only stop if people make it stop with their wallets (And this is only one issue of many). Which will probably never happen, but whatever. 

I hate buying used. But it's currently the lesser of two evils.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Just as you remember" was marketing hype.

"Support for years" by this point is mandatory face-saving. Maybe the supposed support had prior been for a better reason, but now this is the main reason.

So you can believe what they say?

Frankie is feigning victim here. Don't believe anything they say.

Ever.

Unless they really fix MCC to just as you remembered it on 100% dedis.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 4 and now the MCC, quite sad how a bunch of people will probably still give them more money. Enjoy hearing more excuses after Halo 5 dies in a few months as well.

I really don't want to support 343 unless they come through big time for us classic fans so I'm setting the bar really high for my requirements before purchasing halo 5 lol.

I am fully behind the boycotth5 movement. Fuck 343.

Same here

So you can believe what they say?

Frankie is feigning victim here. Don't believe anything they say.

Ever.

Unless they really fix MCC to just as you remembered it on 100% dedis.

Hey, maybe the support they promised at first would have been a lie. At first. But for their own credibility they need to save face here.