CyReN

Halo: MCC is definitely a black eye for us - Frank O'Connor

Read my conditions again.

EVERY review outlet.

EVERY Halo forum...and that means POST launch (but not a year after - 60 days is my max)!

Oh I read your post, hence why I put, "one of your" deciding factors - meaning not the only deciding factor.  B)

I think 60 days is a fair amount of time - nice assessment

The xbone is the worst console made in the past 20 years. It's such a slow piece of shit and missing so many basic features in the OS. If it wasn't for halo 1 online I'd still be boycotting it.

Ill be honest, I love XBox and always have.  Now, ofcourse I am not ignorant enough to deny that PC's are far more powerful - but historically, most of my friends have stayed on Xbox - and I have enjoyed the exclusives, hence why I have stayed with Xbox.

But I will say, with every new game that comes out, it really frustrates me to see that it is capable of being played at 1080p 60fps on PS4, but only like 900p 30fps on XBone.

I am very curious to see the graphics comparison with Witcher 3 when it is released on the 19th.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ill be honest, I love XBox and always have.  Now, ofcourse I am not ignorant enough to deny that PC's are far more powerful - but historically, most of my friends have stayed on Xbox - and I have enjoyed the exclusives, hence why I have stayed with Xbox.

But I will say, with every new game that comes out, it really frustrates me to see that it is capable of being played at 1080p 60fps on PS4, but only like 900p 30fps on XBone.

I am very curious to see the graphics comparison with Witcher 3 when it is released on the 19th.

The Witcher will be 1080p 30fps and 900p 30fps on the PS4 and Xbox One respectively.

Again...The CPU holds back the graphics. I hope these consoles are short lived and fail. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 is on strike 2 for me.  1 was halo 4, strike 2 was MCC.  I am also insulted  a little by what Frankie says there regarding issues not showing in testing.  There is NO WAY that any reasonable person can believe that they did not know about a bevy of the problems MCC had before launch.  there were too many game-breaking issues even outside of matchmaking to not be noticed when casually playtesting a campaign level.

I do think they have learned from Strike 1 and 2 so at this point I personally don't believe that they will get to strike 3. I am fairly confident that Halo 5 will release in good condition.  Their communication has improved markedly in the past few weeks. All the changes they have mentioned specifically, and the ones @@Sal1ent has alluded to here and on twitter, sounds like very good changes that will only improve things.  I would not feel as good about that if the Halo 5 team and the MCC team were the same folks, nor if we hadn't had a beta so early that functioned pretty well.

That said...

I will never pre-order a game again.  Ever. And not just from 343, but from anybody.  2014 was not a good year for games, MCC, AC: Unity, Driveclub etc all shipped totally broken.  Now that I've gone all digital with my games, there is not reason to get them until i know they are completely working.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ill be honest, I love XBox and always have. Now, ofcourse I am not ignorant enough to deny that PC's are far more powerful - but historically, most of my friends have stayed on Xbox - and I have enjoyed the exclusives, hence why I have stayed with Xbox.

Og xbox was revolutionary and a well built console.

Xbox 360 was good outside of the rrod issues.

Xbone was overpriced anti consumerist garbage until everyone flipped out at them. But still at this point the console is slower and live has more stability issues than the OG xbox. It's a fucking embarrassment if you ask me. It's also underperforming by a wide margin compared to ps4 for a similar price. Meanwhile wii u is dirt cheap and has lots of great exclusives.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You know what really makes me sad and angry? Before E3 last year, pretty much everybody was expecting just Halo 2 Anniversary, all maps remastered, 1080p 60 FPS. But 343 just had to go above and beyond, did something that was considered impossible by many people working there. They obviously struggled on it, released a 100% broken product any way. Then Frankie show up, saying it was a "black eye", proceed to make excuses or complain how it was too hard, had to put in a bunch of old technology all together in one disc, there were too many games to make it work correctly. Now they're going to add ODST as an apology, there's a very good chance it will break the game even more. I'm just really sad, all I wanted was just H2A, that way it works 100%. :( but no, we get 5 broken games in one disc and they still expect us to buy H5. I will be one of the few people who refuse to buy it until all of the reviews for the game is 9/10 or higher, flawless launch, 343 actually made good changes from the beta.

Edit: lmao. Sorry if it's poorly written, kind of distracted right now

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@FarSight XR~20 and @@ABearInTheWoods

The thing that is going to happen:

60% of us here are going to agree that we're not buying halo5.

People will post how much fun they're having on day of release, how the campaign is orgasmic and how ranks are super fun.

Lots of us cave in and buy halo5 hoping for the best.

hype dies down and we back to complaining again cept we now have 60$ less. The above wouldn't have happened if we didnt already have an xbone from mcc.

shit happens loads of time. example: garden warfare was all the hype when it was released on the forums, well where the fuck is it now?

People will post how much fun they're having on day of release, how the campaign is orgasmic and how ranks are super fun.

hype dies down and we back to complaining again cept we now have 60$ less. The above wouldn't have happened if we didnt already have an xbone from mcc.

shit happens loads of time. example: garden warfare was all the hype when it was released on the forums, well where the fuck is it now?

There is not a chance I will be caving in and giving 343 anymore of my money.

No matter how much hype there is, or positive reviews post launch

343 lost me as a customer after H4/MCC/lack of communication/no transparency/no honesty/lying to its customer/still broken game/abilities pushed on h5/COD influence/nothing but forge maps/immersion/zero originality & innovation/must I go on?

• Upvote (+1) 5

ppl are caught up in the lore and HuntTheTruth shit to fall for the hype and buy millions of copies again. I don't have faith in them making a game that works 100% or have everything out the box playlist wise that we need.

Well talent cost money and time. They can save that money for Halo 5 marketing which will help them boost their sales because the game will be broken. 

This is what's worrying me. In the Halo 5 thread you can see people praising 343i because of the whole Hunt the Truth, and the marketing campaign for the game's story mode. Even on other forums and youtube you see people hyping it up. Hopefully, they actually give us a good game instead of blowing all their money on marketing and then give us a half-cooked game.

You don't have to buy the game to enjoy the story, thank god YouTube exists.

I can imagine there being an insider war, if not a silent one. We had SEGA employees express disappointment to pure, boiling resentment between staff members for years and we all thought they were just twiddling thumbs. Hate is toxic, and maybe it went physical.

The working relationship will crumble apart entirely by 2017. Money or no money.

Why did i get +1 rep? What is it going to take to get neg rep? I basically said 343 should not listen to us, make a broken game, but invest enough money in marketing to balance out the sales lost to broken game. Don't fix Halo 5 post launch either because that cost money, give give out unlock codes for armor or other accessories. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just sitting here waiting for Halo: The Locke'd Collection.

After Halo 5: Elites and Halo 6.

That's the true last hope.

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The sad truth, but I've learned my lesson... finally. I plan on getting H5 used for the campaign. Although it doesn't help the seething guilt I have for getting an Xbox One.

:wutface:

Seeing how there's Halo 5: Guardians, revolving around the two spartan teams, I'm assuming there's gonna be Halo 5: Elites too.  :intel:

You know what really makes me sad and angry? Before E3 last year, pretty much everybody was expecting just Halo 2 Anniversary, all maps remastered, 1080p 60 FPS. But 343 just had to go above and beyond, did something that was considered impossible by many people working there. They obviously struggled on it, released a 100% broken product any way. Then Frankie show up, saying it was a "black eye", proceed to make excuses or complain how it was too hard, had to put in a bunch of old technology all together in one disc, there were too many games to make it work correctly. Now they're going to add ODST as an apology, there's a very good chance it will break the game even more. I'm just really sad, all I wanted was just H2A, that way it works 100%. :( but no, we get 5 broken games in one disc and they still expect us to buy H5. I will be one of the few people who refuse to buy it until all of the reviews for the game is 9/10 or higher, flawless launch, 343 actually made good changes from the beta.

Edit: lmao. Sorry if it's poorly written, kind of distracted right now

Even if they did just h2a it would have been shit. H2a does work but it's got almost zero skillgap. There's no combos or anything to make the game interesting.

Putting 4 games together is not that difficult. Honestly. They just rushed it. If they took 18-24 months to do it instead of 12 or less it would have probably been fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Back in December, I remember Frank saying that when MCC gets fixed, thats when he will go into the details of exactly what happened.

Anybody else remember this? I forget what interview it was from.

The xbone is the worst console made in the past 20 years. It's such a slow piece of shit and missing so many basic features in the OS. If it wasn't for halo 1 online I'd still be boycotting it.

This says no to that(along with other really crappy consoles):

800px-Virtual-Boy-Set.png

This says no to that(along with other really crappy consoles):

800px-Virtual-Boy-Set.png

I remember walking into blockbuster and they had a demo of this. I was all excited waiting inline to try it out....and boy was I disappointed.

Check this out...Nintendo is holding a public server stress test ("Global Testfire") for their new online shooter Splatoon three weeks before it launches!

This is Nintendo's first foray into the online shooter genre, and they're more prepared than a company with 11 years of history in the market... :rolleyes:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Og xbox was revolutionary and a well built console.

Xbox 360 was good outside of the rrod issues.

Xbone was overpriced anti consumerist garbage until everyone flipped out at them. But still at this point the console is slower and live has more stability issues than the OG xbox. It's a fucking embarrassment if you ask me. It's also underperforming by a wide margin compared to ps4 for a similar price. Meanwhile wii u is dirt cheap and has lots of great exclusives.

Ironically the worse the Xbox gets by that estimation, the better it sells. As a primarily 360 gamer who never owned an XOriginal, I found the 360 to be by far the best of the three despite RRoD.

OT: This isn't a black eye just for 343, it's a massive bruise on the Xbox One as a whole. MS set out to sell Xbox's to the Halo faithful with the MCC, and all 343's disaster did was create huge negative press for the brand like I haven't seen since the X1 reveal (although obviously not QUITE as bad). How no one has been fired for this fiasco (and not necessarily from 343, I mean in general over at Microsoft) is beyond me. 

I actually think X1 is a fine console, albeit it needs serious, serious work. Just not as good as 360 IMO.

Check this out...Nintendo is holding a public server stress test ("Global Testfire") for their new online shooter Splatoon three weeks before it launches!

This is Nintendo's first foray into the online shooter genre, and they're more prepared than a company with 11 years of history in the market... :rolleyes:

Hope Nintendo doesn't go sue-happy on Splatoon Let's Plays. Just saying. :P