CyReN

Halo: MCC is definitely a black eye for us - Frank O'Connor

Yep Frankie MCC was a black eye for you but more notably it was also black in your profits so don't worry about it we all know money is the only thing that matters in today's world.

"If you try to bridge the [game design] gap with compromise, I think you make a terrible error."

Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah that one killed me. The only reason I don't just go off the rails saying how hypocritical is because of just how bad 343 has been at conveying what their game design actually is. They talk a lot without saying much of anything. I'm sure its painful to work any job at 343 where they directly interact with the community. They talk and talk and talk and say little to nothing. Its all vague PR bullshit. Notice how I just turned a simple statement into a small paragraph?  hire meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I guess we are only the 5% of Halo fans, according to Frank...

Dang, just keeps getting smaller and smaller - no wonder with every Halo title it just gets worse and worse. 

Ok, so I have been thinking about this - and surely it is not something that 343 would comment on, however...

A lot of the H5 team have made comments in regards to MCC being done by a completely different group of people - they didnt touch it - they cant speak to it because they didnt work on it, etc etc.  Right?

And then there is the team of employees who worked on MCC looking back at the ones who are making H5.  

Could they have the same distain for the H5 workers, who prob were the ones who worked on H4?

I can just see the conversation now in the big board rooms at Microsoft/343. 

H5 worker - "You have a lot of explaining to do (MCC worker), you have failed to deliver the content, quality and package that you promised.  You have tarnished this franchise and the banner of 343.  WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF?!"

a brief bause, while the MCC worker gathers all the ammo he needs to reply....

"Well.......  YOU GUYS made Halo 4!"

A calm silence enters the room, reminiscent of an autumn walk through an abandoned forrest. It appears the two sides stand at an impasse, each side equally culpable for the damage that has been done.  A Microsoft Exec enters the room, he appears rushed and distracted, yet takes the time to calm both sides.

Microsft - "Children, children - stop this bickering right now.  This is why we let both of you put "Halo" on your game - because in the end we knew we would still make money! Dont worry about who is the bigger idiot, you both lose!" 

In all seriousness though ---  I would love to be a fly on the wall at 343.    

• Upvote (+1) 6

Ok, you admit your mistake, but I can't in good conscience ever give you 60 dollars again unless you release a game, and after a month or two, people are saying it's amazing. I can't believe people are pre-ordering Halo 5 after what 343 has done the last 6+ months.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm pre-ordering halo 5 whenever I can preload it. Nearly every halo realeased k

I got $60 worth of entertainment. Looking forward to campaign more than multiplayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 11

I'm pre-ordering halo 5 whenever I can preload it. Nearly every halo realeased k

I got $60 worth of entertainment. Looking forward to campaign more than multiplayer.

And if its as F'd as MCC? From what I understand campaign wasn't working properly for awhile after launch either...

I disagree with pre-ordering but to most ppl its just a game that they toss aside a few months after release. To others like me it's 1 out of 2-4 games they buy all year. We want the fun and competitive halo to work, not be poop and not able to play it until months after launch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

And if its as F'd as MCC? From what I understand campaign wasn't working properly for awhile after launch either...

I disagree with pre-ordering but to most ppl its just a game that they toss aside a few months after release. To others like me it's 1 out of 2-4 games they buy all year. We want the fun and competitive halo to work, not be poop and not able to play it until months after launch.

The campaigns were playable in the MCC, they had issues like checkpoint data being lost but that was the worst of it.

Also, there's a massive difference between H5 and the MCC, 343 didn't actually do any of the technical work behind porting the campaigns IIRC. H4's campaign worked perfectly for the vast majority of people so personally I'm confident H5's will be fine.

I like how he said. "The good thing about The Master Chief Collection is, A: It's going to fixed and working perfectly for most people"

What about the rest of us? I still cant find games very good at all, havent since launch. What about the people from Australia who can only find games in Team Slayer?  

I like how he said. "The good thing about The Master Chief Collection is, A: It's going to fixed and working perfectly for most people"

What about the rest of us? I still cant find games very good at all, havent since launch. What about the people from Australia who can only find games in Team Slayer?  

Well, apparently poop on Australia. Your money is good, but your right to have a working game and matchmaking system for that money is not. Welcome to Microsoft!

Campaign worked, multiplayer was a disaster. I really don't think H5 will be broken at launch. I'll be playing H5 IP til H6. But I understand not liking pre-ordering

I am pro 343 now. They should make Halo 5 less playable to prove they can have broken games and still sell millions.

Surpassing sales of your previous games is one thing, Doing it with a unplayable game is even better.

Another thing they can say is that COD has to make functioning games to sell millions while they can make broken ones and be almost as good.

Not trolling.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343i are snake-oil salesmen. They need devs that are as talented and creative as their marketing team. Or even half as talented.

Well talent cost money and time. They can save that money for Halo 5 marketing which will help them boost their sales because the game will be broken. 

How many last hopes do we have?

I'm just sitting here waiting for Halo: The Locke'd Collection.

After Halo 5: Elites and Halo 6.

That's the true last hope.

I am pro 343 now. They should make Halo 5 less playable to prove they can have broken games and still sell millions.

Surpassing sales of your previous games is one thing, Doing it with a unplayable game is even better.

Another thing they can say is that COD has to make functioning games to sell millions while they can make broken ones and be almost as good.

Not trolling.

ppl are caught up in the lore and HuntTheTruth shit to fall for the hype and buy millions of copies again. I don't have faith in them making a game that works 100% or have everything out the box playlist wise that we need.

It's generally 1 month for returns... why would you expect to return it after 2 months? Where did you buy it?

Receipt said 90 days. So did the employee.

Never pre-order ANY games.

The only games I feel safe pre-ordering are Nintendo's. They really like to take the extra time to polish the product up before releasing it

ppl are caught up in the lore and HuntTheTruth shit to not fall for the hype and buy millions of copies again. I don't have faith in them making a game that works 100% or have everything out the box playlist wise that we need.

Not going to lie, I'm falling for all the lore and HuntTheTruth shit. Their marketing is on point. I just want to sit down and play the campaign straight through. I'm not even a huge fan of the campaigns. I think after H2, I have only lazily played each campaign once.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Not going to lie, I'm falling for all the lore and HuntTheTruth shit. Their marketing is on point. I just want to sit down and play the campaign straight through. I'm not even a huge fan of the campaigns. I think after H2, I have only lazily played each campaign once.

They're setting it up to be a seriously good campaign. The whole concept of the chief being hunted by Locke is really intriguing and Hunt the Truth is genuinely fantastic. If they manage to make H5's story anywhere near as gripping as Hunt the Truth then it will be amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm intrigued by the campaign as well, I've always loved that part of the game. I'm just not into the books and other side stuff regarding the lore of halo, but I love the story in the campaigns. I have no doubt that it will be really good, but the campaign isn't what gives a game legs, not a game like halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it's just crazy that probably for the first time ever I will be buying a Halo game more for the campaign than the multiplayer. I know I will still play matchmaking, but that's not going to be the main reason I buy the game. I have no idea how good (or bad) matchmaking will be so I'm not really expecting much

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it's just crazy that probably for the first time ever I will be buying a Halo game more for the campaign than the multiplayer. I know I will still play matchmaking, but that's not going to be the main reason I buy the game. I have no idea how good (or bad) matchmaking will be so I'm not really expecting much

And I think it is crazy that for the first time I will not be buying a Halo game at launch. 

• Upvote (+1) 1