CyReN

Halo: MCC is definitely a black eye for us - Frank O'Connor

The state of Halo, and the perception hardcore gamers have of the franchise on NeoGAF, Reddit, etc depresses me so fucking much.

Call me a fanboy if you want, but I love this franchise... the fact that it's so hated right now is depressing.

THAT BEING SAID, I'm a bit shocked by how many people are looking forward to Halo 5 regardless of the fact that MCC makes them irate.

Halo 5 is truly our last hope. Let's all hope that Halo 5 delivers... us from evil. 

• Upvote (+1) 14
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Just saw the video. Honestly, if they can keep up the recent trend of better community interaction, well-written and detailed "Community Updates," amazing Halo 5 marketing, and get TMCC to a polished state within the next couple months, 343i would be cool in my eyes.

Call me crazy, but I would still would never pre-order a video game though. Yuck.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Call me crazy, but I would still would never pre-order a video game though. Yuck.

Actually you are in the right, don't let the hype grab your wallet so quickly.

I'm glad Frank is at least acknowledging the problem in this video, though I can't say it'll convince many people at this point. Still admire his endurance to put up with clearing the air to an extent. I am a huge Halo fan myself and it's mostly the state of the community that's keeping me off the One. Here's to hoping Halo 5 is at least a stable product (this goes for all videogames equally).

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's fine, but at the end of the day, I'm still never pre-ordering or buying a 343 game before seeing it work the way it should.

Never pre-order ANY games. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

But Black Ops III beta... 

1421910370850.png

LMAO, touche.

Preorder for bonuses but cancel to make sure it works at launch? That works right?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Regardless of being cherry-picked, that gameplay seemed very fast paced. It looked promising and I wonder if it was footage of the the 343 Pro team's test sessions. 

fyi: I didn't play the beta, so I'm just going off of what I saw in the vid. 

Am I incorrect in saying they have accelerated hiding from their mistakes?

I agree with Batman's observations that point towards trying to get everyone to forget MCC ever existed with a timeline to cease all support upon or immediately after h5 launch. How is that not hiding?

And if he is admitting that it was their mistake then why won't they give back people's money?

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ive been playing Halo competitively for 7 years, MCC literally sucked all the passion I had for Halo away.

With that being said I hope 343 realizes they have one chance left with Halo 5 or it will be the knock out punch..

• Upvote (+1) 4

But the good thing about the Master Chief Collection is A: that's it's going to be fixed and working perfectly

ayy lmao

But the good thing about the Master Chief Collection is A: that's it's going to be fixed and working perfectly

ayy lmao

It will be. How long? Probably a few more months.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"We're going to get it working perfectly for most people."

rip aussies

• Upvote (+1) 6

Am I incorrect in saying they have accelerated hiding from their mistakes?

I agree with Batman's observations that point towards trying to get everyone to forget MCC ever existed with a timeline to cease all support upon or immediately after h5 launch. How is that not hiding?

And if he is admitting that it was their mistake then why won't they give back people's money?

They were taking refunds awhile back. Not sure if they still are.

Pretty much just shows the lack of experience and how completely incompetent the team at 343i is. You don't get into a "retail environment" of an pre-Alpha product without a bunch of higher ups giving it the go-ahead. I don't give a shit how ambitious the project was, if its not anywhere close to being finished you cannot push it into a "retail environment." Fuck I can't believe we still haven't heard of anyone being fired over this. That just blows my fucking mind.

• Upvote (+1) 6

They were taking refunds awhile back. Not sure if they still are.

Only for digital copies I think.

How reckless.

In all honesty 343 was pushed to put a game out by Microsoft its not entirely there fault but the fact that mcc still isn't fixed blows my mind they should all come out and say there faults if they want any hope in making H5 work for them...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Halo 4 and MCC were both black eyes for 343, what is halo 5 going to be?  A kick in the groin?

• Upvote (+1) 2