Sign in to follow this  
Phade

4 Shot: An HCS Podcast

Hey guys,

We've been posting a thread for each individual episode so far but we'd like to just have one dedicated thread to the show that we update as episodes are released. We finished our live recording of episode 4 last night, and have it uploaded to YouTube, iTunes, as well as made an RSS feed available. We're obviously still, but we're working hard to provide content to the competitive halo community. We've had some positive feedback so far and that's been very encouraging, and we've made some changes to try and improve in ways some of you thought we could.

I know a lot of people haven't gotten a chance to listen to an episode yet and don't know what all we talk about on the show, so I'll try and give examples of each of the segments we have and what topics we cover.

1. Rosters/Roster Moves

2. Recent Results (Online Cup/LAN Tournament)

3. Notable Scrims

4. Amateur Team of the Week Spotlight

5. Community Videos

6. Upcoming Competition Predictions (Online Cup/LAN Tournament)

7. 'Tip/Trick' Discusson of the Week

8. Question of the Week

This is our general plan for most shows, but we're very open to suggestions.

This week we did our Amateur Spotlight on Element 6 Gaming. I think it's a good way to help get the name out of some of the smaller or less well known teams. A lot of these guys are streaming on Twitch and need the support, and the more we talk about and support these top Amateur teams the faster and bigger HCS will grow.

As for community video's we talked about the LANda video, Roy's 2v2 video, and Towey's Behind the Scenes video. Again this is another way for us to help support those in the community making content (although LANda isn't necessarily positive content). If you'd like us to feature or talk about your video please e-mail us!

Our Tip/Trick of the week segment is really more of a discussion on a particular in-game topic. For instance this week we talked about different openings on maps, and in particular grenade throws on opening pushes. We derailed a bit and talked about weapon and powerup placement a bit, but in general we discuss one particular aspect of the game. Previous topics have been Stalactites/Camo/Waterfall importance/timing, map jumps, and objective juggling/physics.

We'd like the Question segment to be user driven (or related to guest hosts) but at this point it's just been whatever we felt like at the time. This week we talked about HCS in Halo 5 and potential for 'retired' Pro's to make a comeback.

We are working to have some guest hosts on the show, from Forger's to Pro Players, so hopefully that's something that materializes soon.

If you've made it this far, I appreciate it! Please take a listen, and let us know what you think, where to improve, and engage with us if you can. We do stream this live on Twitch Tuesday nights, typically around 8:30 EST and would like to engage with any live viewers we have. As I said, our goal is to provide content for the community and to help competitive Halo grow.

Thanks everyone,

Phade

Links to the Show

YouTube

iTunes

RSS Feed

Twitch

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

Episode 3:

Episode 4:

Episode 5:

Episode 6:

Episode 7:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Great show! Keep up the good work guys. I'm gonna take some time to listen to previous episodes and then I will have a little more feedback to give. This weeks episode was great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Awesome stuff, loved the shout out! Keep these coming and like I said if there is anything I can provide to help you guys let me know!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Awesome stuff, loved the shout out! Keep these coming and like I said if there is anything I can provide to help you guys let me know!

Absolutely! And thanks again for talking to me. Really enjoyed getting to learn about your team, and good luck for the rest of Season 2!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Recorded a great interview with @iGotUrPistola today. It'll air tomorrow on our live show and the youtube version should be ready in the day or so afterwards.

If my googling is correct 8.30 is about 12:30 in Ireland/UK ... Just something to think about viewer wise. Might be to late for us EU people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If my googling is correct 8.30 is about 12:30 in Ireland/UK ... Just something to think about viewer wise. Might be to late for us EU people.

That's a good point and something I hadn't thought much about. We may be able to work on that, but I'm pacific time myself and schedule may not allow it. We will keep that it mind though and do everything we can to make that time easier for our European listeners. In the meantime, rebroadcast's will always be posted to YouTube and audio uploaded to iTunes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just listened to the Pistola podcast. Good stuff. Here's some podcast stuff you guys should do.

Intro on every episode

Outro on every episode

I know the Pistola one was probably a piece of an actual broadcast, but you should still want to add an intro or at least an outro after the fact. Something like

"Hey everyone that was an interview with IGotUrPistola, current player on the Cloud9 squad. Hit him up on Twitter @blahblah and give him a follow. Also he has a twitch as well twitch.tv/blahblah. *Insert twitters for the hosts here* And thanks for listening see ya on the next one"

And I see yall got a new graphic looks crisp.

Just listened to the Pistola podcast. Good stuff. Here's some podcast stuff you guys should do.

Intro on every episode

Outro on every episode

I know the Pistola one was probably a piece of an actual broadcast, but you should still want to add an intro or at least an outro after the fact. Something like

"Hey everyone that was an interview with IGotUrPistola, current player on the Cloud9 squad. Hit him up on Twitter @blahblah and give him a follow. Also he has a twitch as well twitch.tv/blahblah. *Insert twitters for the hosts here* And thanks for listening see ya on the next one"

And I see yall got a new graphic looks crisp.

Thanks for watching man, and we typically do have an outro like that, and did one at the end of the normal broadcast and then played the Pistola interview in at the end. We had an outro on the Pistola interview as well but that bit of the interview ended up needing to be edited for technical reasons. Probably should have re-recorded it though, so no excuse. Thanks for the feedback!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Also just wanted to let everyone know that Episode 5 with the Pistola interview is posted to YouTube now and available to watch. So go ahead and check it out!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Had a good interview with Coby from eX yesterday. Look forward to that at the end of the podcast today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Another great show today. I really appreciated coverage and highlights from the online cup i missed this last weekend.

Great conversation about the seeds and how they affect the landscape of online cups. It is tough for a few of the seeds to move at all because they play a top team every week so early in the cup.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here is episode 6 for you guys with an interview with @@Cobys2fast from Excellence! Hope you all enjoy.

Catch me on twitter at @Phadeyphade, or Fail3n at the predictable @@Fail3n. Please let us know any feedback you guys have, and a huge thanks to @ and @@Pinexal that watched live and contributed in chat.

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/4-shot-podcast/id983849719

RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/4ShotPodcast

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nice job guys. Just listened to the Coby interview. You are doing us all a service by introducing these players and giving a personality behind the gamertag.

Here are episodes 8 and 9! Thanks guys! Episode 9 is timestamped with discussion topics. I'll work on getting 8 done shortly!

Episode 8:

Episode 9:

Here are episodes 8 and 9! Thanks guys! Episode 9 is timestamped with discussion topics. I'll work on getting 8 done shortly!

Episode 8:

Episode 9:

Going to be at the Season 2 Finals today and looking to get some mini-interviews done. Let me know what questions you have and for who!