Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Beyond Tournaments Update

So for the next tournament, I believe we are going to allow USA & EU teams to compete and see how it goes. 

nice....bring everyone together

• Upvote (+1) 1

With being able to choose host, I don't think it should be too much of an issue. That was the most frustrating thing about h3 online on the 360 in custom games, party leader meant nothing regarding host.

So for the next tournament, I believe we are going to allow USA & EU teams to compete and see how it goes. 

:holmes:  :flames:

The thought process here is:

Online is going to lag anyways.

There simply are not enough EU players to warrant running a completely separate tournament.

Everyone should have a shot at prizing, I would be salty if every event was USA only and there was a lot of money up for grabs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I'm fairly new around here... when is the next tournament? Am I missing it somewhere? I usually jump right to the forums so if it is on the homepage that might be why im missing it. :wacko:

So I'm fairly new around here... when is the next tournament? Am I missing it somewhere? I usually jump right to the forums so if it is on the homepage that might be why im missing it. :wacko:

We haven't announced our next tournament yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Interestingly, online EU tournaments for H1 (and possibly H2) are actually underway. The announcement will be made by yours truly (and King Bob whom I am cooperating with) this week probably. But I guess there can never be enough tournaments ;)

H1 FFA Thursday/Friday, used to seed H1 2v2.

H1 2v2 Saturday, used to seed h1 4v4

H1 4v4 Sunday

Able to choose to participate all, some, one, or none of the events....  a man can dream right?

H1 FFA Thursday/Friday, used to seed H1 2v2.

H1 2v2 Saturday, used to seed h1 4v4

H1 4v4 Sunday

Able to choose to participate all, some, one, or none of the events....  a man can dream right?

I like this logic.  This should be applied to other Halos like H2 FFA seeding H2 2v2 and finally H2 4v4 Sunday.  :D

People that have familes can maybe pull off one day of tournament stuff, but no way im gonna be at the house online with video games and not helping.for 3 days lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe this should be discussed in a PM but would beyond consider doing something in support of the Beach Lan? I understand that's very different, and I don't think theres a way for anyone from beyond to actually run it. Besides, I'm sure you guys will have your own tournaments and stuff going on in the summer. Just a thought.

At this time the tournaments will remain 1 day events so @@Clicked doesn't die.

It'd also be cool if that one day was the most popular day off for the majority. Could we take a poll to see what day? If the most popular day is chosen, then you'd have bigger and better tournaments because more people would be able to enter. My guess is probably Sunday, but I could be wrong. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It'd also be cool if that one day was the most popular day off for the majority. Could we take a poll to see what day? If the most popular day is chosen, then you'd have bigger and better tournaments because more people would be able to enter. My guess is probably Sunday, but I could be wrong.

We are trying to not interfere with the HCS. Since they decided to expand taking up Saturday and Sunday, tournaments will likely have to be moved to Friday's.

I understand this isn't the greatest day of the week, but not much we can do about it without directly competing with them on the same day.

friday is way better than any other day during the week, since EU is allowed now we Euros need to stay awake like 3-4AM if you get far in the tourney, you cannot do that when next day work is calling again and you have to stay up at 6AM

friday is way better than any other day during the week, since EU is allowed now we Euros need to stay awake like 3-4AM if you get far in the tourney, you cannot do that when next day work is calling again and you have to stay up at 6AM

True.

We are trying to not interfere with the HCS. Since they decided to expand taking up Saturday and Sunday, tournaments will likely have to be moved to Friday's.

I understand this isn't the greatest day of the week, but not much we can do about it without directly competing with them on the same day.

No doubt, no doubt.