Sign in to follow this  
ThreeShotPistol

A BIG thank you to Teapot and BE

This tournament provided me with the greatest competitive moments of my Halo "career". Thank you to all the staff and @@Teapot. It was nice to experience something like this after never having a real scene where I lived (plus a little too young to travel to the US for tournies).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Glad you guys liked it, @@Clicked and I had a blast working through the technical issues that 343i blessed us with this weekend.

Major shoutout to @@Teapot for helping with the pot, and ASTRO Gaming for advertising and the prizing.

Big stuff coming in the future :halo:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Glad you guys liked it, @@Clicked and I had a blast working through the technical issues that 343i blessed us with this weekend lo.

Major shoutout to @@Teapot for helping with the pot, and ASTRO Gaming for advertising and the prizing.

Big stuff coming in the future :halo:

I so want to enter so badly, but I got that EU shaft.

Hopefully dedis in customs work in H5 cos I WANNA PLAAAAAAAAY

• Upvote (+1) 1

Considering you guys pulled through it and Halo couldn't go through their cup, shows how well you guys dealt with everything!

Great job everyone! 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yes this was one of the best gaming weekends in recent memory for me. Over 1k people watching Halo 1 being played by some good players and peasants like me getting to be a part of the same tournament!? It was brilliant.

Thanks so much!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lots of fun to watch, really hope to see more soon.  Thanks to everyone that helped put it on and everyone that streamed! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

im sure teapot regards the investment as a success, CE received a a lot of attention via twitch across the younger Halo generations that started out with 2 or later

a lot of them posted in the chat that their oppinions on CE changed noticeably and they are interested in trying it out, was very nice to read tbh

the amount of non-CE players that still registered also showcases that

incase there will ever be another CE tourney though i hope Euros are considered as well then

ping from east coast US to west coast US is pretty much the same as from EU to pretty much all parts of the US (aside from west coast), that lag prevention claim for the tourney therefore didnt make that much sense to me

and that comparison doesnt even take the rural bamboo copper connections into account that most us players have and that the distribution network mostly consists out of, nore the point that Canada to US pings can go far above 200ms between certain cities which is way higher than US to EU

grant the US team perma host when facing an EU team if thats what you fear

• Upvote (+1) 2

Agreed with beamimpact, mando was 10x laggier than most of our regular euro players. I played in a match with beam and Batchford last night and experienced almost zero lag.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Awesome support by Team Beyond and Teapot. I wish I was able to compete but hopefully there will be more in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed with beamimpact, mando was 10x laggier than most of our regular euro players. I played in a match with beam and Batchford last night and experienced almost zero lag.

i was host in that game (germany) and im on a regular ADSL connection, so no fancy fiber or huge up/down speeds

it is indeed very playable, much more than most people think it is

to further underline this, i play US host very often and aside from the slight animation and spawn delay there isnt any real disadvantage on high ping hosts

no lag, no warping, no skipping

all you need to do is aim around half a crosshair more and consider the netcode interpolation during the opponents strafing

while this might sound salty i had the impression that the people in charge havent played much cross-continetial CE custom games on a large scale but based their decision on the general idea of US - EU causing high pings which cannot be good for online games

btw if you and batchford are playing together more often shoot me or cronos a message, we always seek for 2v2s :)

and we secretly want a revenge for yesterdays destruction too haha ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seconding all the thanks in this thread; I really enjoyed watching some competitive CE! Looking forward to more of these in the future!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want to echo what everyone else in this thread has said. I really appreciate the time and effort that the Beyond staff put into making the tournament run as smoothly as 343's train wreck of a patch/game would allow it to.

I'd also like to offer a special thank you to Teapot for donating his own money to make this tournament possible. Mad props to you sir.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I second everyone's second. :)  I didn't think the tournament was going to finish because of all the connection issues, so thank you for pulling through and working through it. I had a lot of fun! I did not get any of your messages until after the tourney, but I will definitely stream next tournament. I look forward to competing in more of your future tournaments. One last thank you!

In addition I'd like to thank @@Clicked for allowing teams to start the Best of 5s early. Those extra games seemed to improve the tournament for everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i was host in that game (germany)

I wish I would have know you lived in Germany lol! I was in Germany during this tournament. Actually drove from Zurich to Nuremberg.

Anyways, another thank you to team beyond for its support of halo CE!

Thanks @@ThreeShotPistol as well as everyone else for the kind words. I'm glad to have the opportunity to help support one of my favorite games and arguably the best/deepest console shooter. Props to @@Clicked for putting up with all the issues the latest patch brought, as well as the beyond guys for hosting this and staying up to see it through. You know, instead of cancelling the day before  :salt:  (HCS) 

It's nice to give to the community but also nice to finally put my money where my mouth is and legit do something rather than post about how nobody wants to do anything or how difficult it's been. I still felt like I needed any sort of platform/organization for it to be successful and Beyond played a big role in getting the sign-ups that it did. I'm pretty confident if I took the money elsewhere for an online tournament it wouldn't have had the same success.. and yes I consider this a success!

I got to see @@BFir3 and Gfir3 play who some long lost friends. I watched some great matches consisting of beyond guys. Got to watch TSP showcase his stuff against the GOAT. @@Roy and @@Lunchbox entered and steamrolled their way up to Hali and Soulja. I was somewhat shocked to see the scores of those series but was honestly more shocked that Hali and Soulja took first as opposed to either Ohio or ASK. @@Hali glad I found your stream the other day and posted about the tournament :) I'm sure you are too lol. It was awesome to go through the rounds and see such variations of playstyle and different levels of skill.

TL;DR Thanks for thanking me.

Dude you're amazing for putting up the cash for this event.