washedfrank

My Thoughts on Continued Progression and Renewed Relationships

I don't think they patched the game with the intent of causing issues with the party system.

Neither do I.

But I also don't think they care to really fix it either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Neither do I.

But I also don't think they care to really fix it either.

You're right, that's why the have released multiple patches in an attempt to improve the experience. 

Thanks for the response @@Sal1ent.

It does suck that errors and mismanagement by those who worked on MCC is probably going to stain the work for those who worked on Halo 5 (the other team). For the casual fan, I really don't think they'll know the difference.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It does suck that errors and mismanagement by those who worked on MCC is probably going to stain the work for those who worked on Halo 5 (the other team). For the casual fan, I really don't think they'll know the difference.

I'm inclined to think the casual fan will believe that it's the same employees working on H5 as MCC, ergo it will be just as messy in their opinion. All the other company names that worked on MCC aren't on the splash screen. That would be a shame.

It's far more unfortunate that 343 didn't put nearly the same effort into MCC as they do h5.

It's far more unfortunate that 343 didn't put nearly the same effort into MCC as they do h5.

JHuuo55.gif

Dude. Everyone understands. Your constant beating of the horse right here isn't going to fix MCC quicker. It only adds useless posts to the forum.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey Omn1science - apologies if I have seemed unresponsive at times. I get a ton of questions on Twitter and depending on my schedule I fluctuate between being more/less active. Looking at the questions you mention, hopefully I can shed more light.

On the first point, MCC and H5 are developed by two different teams. I generally don't respond to MCC questions because I don't work on the game. Sometimes I will pass questions on to Bravo or the MCC team behind the scenes, but I can't speak for the game or the team working on it.

Regarding classic zoom, there have been a number of requests for a toggle option to enable this. We're not able to support a universal toggle for all weapons because each weapon in H5 has been built around the new SL system. However, we are looking at creating some classic/legendary weapons with a more classic style for zoom functionality. I'll be able to talk more about that after E3/GC this year.

Thanks for your reply! I have a ton of respect for your consistent willingness to come to this forum and talk with us belligerants.

No hard feelings on the Twitter stuff- totally understand that you have tons of tweets coming at you each day and I probably shouldn't have even included you in my prior list as I think I've only asked you about the scoping stuff. So my apologies for that.

This is also totally the wrong thread for this but I think a really fantastic way to incorporate a toggle for classic zoom on certain weapons would be to have customizable scopes- one might be the scope we had in the h5 beta while another could be a more classic zoom in style scope. Of course that is all dependent on what the teams plans for customization in H5 are and I understand you likely can't talk about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

JHuuo55.gif

Dude. Everyone understands. Your constant beating of the horse right here isn't going to fix MCC quicker. It only adds useless posts to the forum.

Does everyone understand? Our community, the Halo community in general has been incredibly patient with the makers of Halo ever since Halo 3 really. It just got real bad when 343 came around with Halo 4, followed by the MCC desaster.

I think our constant wanting to "mend fences" with them is the problem.

We should communicate our discontent in a civil manner of course and provide constructive criticism. But when that criticism falls on deaf ears, you can either change the language- or act: In this case it would be not buying their next game. That's when they'll realize they should have allocated their ressources properly to not only fix but make a functioning game in the first place. And, they should realize that reducing your profit margin at the cost of time and additional effort may help build a more trusting and loyal customer base. One that shouldn't be loyal any further.

Ya, maybe, maybe not. I do sound like a broken record, which makes me wonder if this is the right place for me. People here want to work with 343 to make Halo 5 a success. But 343 isn't interested in making Halo 5 a success as the people here imagine.

My greatest disdain is how they pulled off a huge freakin scam and got away with it. But I guess if people want to forget that and work with the scammers, then I should just leave. There doesn't seem to be a lot of synergy between myself and this place any longer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ya, maybe, maybe not. I do sound like a broken record, which makes me wonder if this is the right place for me. People here want to work with 343 to make Halo 5 a success. But 343 isn't interested in making Halo 5 a success as the people here imagine.

My greatest disdain is how they pulled of a huge freakin scam and got away with it. But I guess if people want to forget that and work with the scammers, then I should just leave. There doesn't seem to be a lot of synergy between myself and this place any longer.

I know you've had to have seen the posts detailing who and what is all to blame for MCC. I'm not going to reiterate what you should already know. Yes, 343i has some burden on their shoulders from this (after launch, all the burden, maybe) but it'd be hard to say it's even 25% their fault. Just because it's only 343i's logo on the splash screen and they're the company that oversees Halo, doesn't mean they can make a miracle out of insane corporate deadlines and ambitions made by The Suits (and a few of The Suits may even be in 343i, but the majority of 343i is not). Do you legitimately believe 343i didn't request more time on MCC? They'd have to be literally insane. Not metaphorically literally. Literally literally.

And that's why the 343i devs for MCC were devastated. They really wanted to meet that deadline. What devs don't? But their suspicions were correct, they couldn't.

If you want to keep shit posting here about what you do, at least direct the blame to Microsoft, and maybe after that direct the blame to the individual companies for the specific problems. Sabre Interactive fucked CE. Ruffian fucked H3. Was it their fault? Maybe, maybe not. But I can tell you, they ported those. Not 343i.

Now with H5, the third time may well be the charm. I'm a forgiving person, I really am. I may even call it the second time because MCC wasn't a new game. Regardless, H4 was plagued with the problem of 343i simultaneously building their studio while developing at the same time. Hell, when work began, their work space was like, what, two rooms? Ridiculous, and you know no sane developer would want to do that. But with H5...H5 has the power of a vetted and full studio. Proper three year dev cycle, too. Theoretically, nothing is holding 343i back from making a proper game for their version of Halo. Will a proper 343lo game be viable for our community? Time will tell.

Regarding classic zoom, there have been a number of requests for a toggle option to enable this. We're not able to support a universal toggle for all weapons because each weapon in H5 has been built around the new SL system. However, we are looking at creating some classic/legendary weapons with a more classic style for zoom functionality. I'll be able to talk more about that after E3/GC this year.

Predictions/hopes boys and girls?

Key's CE Pistol - Would be underpowered for only one on the map, but would be hitscan, sooooooooooo.

Tartarus Hammer - with gravity altering features from the cutscenes.

Walshy Needler  :walshy:

Sgt. Johnson Sniper Rifle, Beam Rifle, or Spartan Laser

Rookie SMG

CE Flamethrower

I know you've had to have seen the posts detailing who and what is all to blame for MCC. I'm not going to reiterate what you should already know. Yes, 343i has some burden on their shoulders from this (after launch, all the burden, maybe) but it'd be hard to say it's even 25% their fault. Just because it's only 343i's logo on the splash screen and they're the company that oversees Halo, doesn't mean they can make a miracle out of insane corporate deadlines and ambitions made by The Suits (and a few of The Suits may even be in 343i, but the majority of 343i is not). Do you legitimately believe 343i didn't request more time on MCC? They'd have to be literally insane. Not metaphorically literally. Literally literally.

And that's why the 343i devs for MCC were devastated. They really wanted to meet that deadline. What devs don't? But their suspicions were correct, they couldn't.

If you want to keep shit posting here about what you do, at least direct the blame to Microsoft, and maybe after that direct the blame to the individual companies for the specific problems. Sabre Interactive fucked CE. Ruffian fucked H3. Was it their fault? Maybe, maybe not. But I can tell you, they ported those. Not 343i.

Now with H5, the third time may well be the charm. I'm a forgiving person, I really am. I may even call it the second time because MCC wasn't a new game. Regardless, H4 was plagued with the problem of 343i simultaneously building their studio while developing at the same time. Hell, when work began, their work space was like, what, two rooms? Ridiculous, and you know no sane developer would want to do that. But with H5...H5 has the power of a vetted and full studio. Proper three year dev cycle, too. Theoretically, nothing is holding 343i back from making a proper game for their version of Halo. Will a proper 343lo game be viable for our community? Time will tell.

If there is an article that details what you are describing, and I mean a credible article, please cite. Otherwise, I don't believe I would even come close to the conclusions you drew here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Key's CE Pistol - Would be underpowered for only one on the map, but would be hitscan, sooooooooooo.

If they even dare bring back the CE pistol and make it hitscan there will be RIOTS

Hey Omn1science - apologies if I have seemed unresponsive at times. I get a ton of questions on Twitter and depending on my schedule I fluctuate between being more/less active. Looking at the questions you mention, hopefully I can shed more light.

On the first point, MCC and H5 are developed by two different teams. I generally don't respond to MCC questions because I don't work on the game. Sometimes I will pass questions on to Bravo or the MCC team behind the scenes, but I can't speak for the game or the team working on it.

@@Sal1ent what do you mean? It's literally a hud skin... This should be very simple to incorporate should it not?

The smart link is so vision obscuring and jarring compared to the classic halo experience that it is legitimately one of my biggest reasons that I did not like the beta. It was annoying to deal with and I truly do not understand the design decision behind it. Not once have I seen anyone complain about the scopes in halo. Why fix what ain't broke?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tartarus Hammer - with gravity altering features from the cutscenes.

Walshy Needler  :walshy:

Sgt. Johnson Sniper Rifle, Beam Rifle, or Spartan Laser

Rookie SMG

CE Flamethrower

Arbiter's Sword had been named Prophet's Bane. I think we'll need a cool name for any other legendary guns. Here's some examples...

CE Magnum: Keyes Force

Old Rocket Launcher: The Spanker

Tartarus Hammer: Brutal Revenge

Johnson's Spartan Laser: Hero's Blast

Rookie's Silenced SMG: Quiet Fury

• Upvote (+1) 3

Arbiter's Sword had been named Prophet's Bane. I think we'll need a cool name for any other legendary guns. Here's some examples...

These are awesome. @@Sal1ent @@Deez @@Frankie

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope they don't change all the names like that. BEYOND Cheesy (see what I did there)

but let's not make Halo any more nerdy, lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope they don't change all the names like that. BEYOND Cheesy (see what I did there)

but let's not make Halo any more nerdy, lol

Halo has always been funny/nerdy/cartooney. This continues in that vein. If Halo gets too serious, we'll be closer to COD.

Halo has always been funny/nerdy/cartooney. This continues in that vein. If Halo gets too serious, we'll be closer to COD.

Guns names like the Needler is cool, not "Hero's Blast" which sounds like a sex move off Urban Dictionary 

• Upvote (+1) 3

.... I'm a forgiving person, I really am. ...

You realize that in the context of this discussion you are saying you are forgiving a group of people who scammed over $100m in false advertising?

Let's put that into perspective. If that type of practice involved retirement funds people would be facing criminal investigation.

It rises to the level of scam because clearly MCC will never (please quote me a year from now) be fixed to the level advertised. They will not commit resources to it but they have no intention to return the money either.

This scammer attitude is what you are forgiving.

Guns names like the Needler is cool, not "Hero's Blast" which sounds like a sex move off Urban Dictionary 

I just spat out my coffee. There were some good names in that list but Hero's Blast is forever tainted. Thanks a lot Batchford! :P

@@Sal1ent what do you mean? It's literally a hud skin... This should be very simple to incorporate should it not?

It may seem like a simple change but it's really not. Hard to explain without going through the technical details in depth but weapon zoom impacts a number of systems like HUD, animation, effects, audio, gameplay tuning, etc. It's a complex beast and takes a lot of effort to reconfigure what on the surface may seem like just a presentation layer for the weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1