washedfrank

My Thoughts on Continued Progression and Renewed Relationships

lmao... Dude, you really need to...

What? His post was well written and had good points and you act like it was a rant/troll post? 

negged.

OT: This community is just tired of 343's bullshit. H4 was the first strike, MCC was the second and H5 will be the third. I know of no other developer that gets away with this kind of behaviour.

And lol at "burning bridges" with 343. So just because once in blue moon a 343 employee decides to come out of their ivory tower and talk to us peasant consumers we should kiss their asses? The stuff Frankie posted in the H5 thread and the arrogant replies on twitter ("selection bias") should say enough about how they view their fan base.

I really don't think it's a case of forgetting, more that you can have your own opinions whilst having a civil discussion. For example saying 343 hates Halo in any sort of meaningful fashion (outside of the original context of the article) is the sort of circle jerk stupidity that looks to appeal to emotion and nothing more.

It's unfortunate that people bought XB1's for MCC but it is a lesson people should have been learnt if not by the horrible year of broken releases but by H4's own failures on release. People might be salty about that comment but ask yourself if you'll blindly buy again. Blind faith is just as bad as blind hate.

343 can be much better, as can we, it's really that simple.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you’re reading this, you’re passionate about Halo, and that passion often drives our emotions to the point where we lose our ability to be tactful. I just want to extinguish this painstaking slow burning bridge that is the relationship between the developer and the competitive community. All I’m asking is that you take a shot at empathy, attempt to understand where the other person is coming from, what the other person is trying to achieve, and see if in some way, no matter how warped it might appear, that they somehow align with your goals; your aspirations for the Halo franchise. Don’t sacrifice your integrity, your passion for this franchise; just realize that all parties blossom from this passion. 

See it from there point of view? They seem blind to me, blind to the obvious solution. I would like to have a good relationship with 343 but I dont agree with how they handled anything. 

• Weeks of Silence while the game we spent hard earned money on was unplayable.
  • They hardly ever advertise HCS. We hardly ever get a tweet leading up or during an event.
  • They disregard so much feedback instantly 
  • A lack of community involved in general
  • Relic? Really. Competitive scene has 3 maps and they give us Relic? damn.

The competitive community suffered with Reach and H4, it was a noticeably different game. Then 343 goes ahead and makes H5 like them (albeit a few improvements) 

It sounds a bit hypocritical to judge a game that's not even released but for the die hard halo fans, Halo CE - 3 .. We know that any game with Sprint, abilities etc just wont be Halo. It might be a decent casual game, it might be better than Reach and H4 but its not Halo.

This "adapt and change" POV people take is nonsense to me. Im from the "You dont fix whats not broken" and thats what these newer Halo titles have been trying to do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

See it from there point of view? They seem blind to me, blind to the obvious solution. I would like to have a good relationship with 343 but I dont agree with how they handled anything. 

• Weeks of Silence while the game we spent hard earned money on was unplayable. [I believe it wasn't the H5 team, which contains most of the social media presence for the Halo franchise, that was responsible for the development of the Master Chief Collection. So, communication would have to go through several channels before it was approved by PR and allowed to be sent out to the public.] 
  • They hardly ever advertise HCS. We hardly ever get a tweet leading up or during an event. [That should primarily fall on the tournament organizers, but we have provided our feedback and they have been doing a better job.]
  • They disregard so much feedback instantly [So does every developer, if Riot or Valve took into consideration every forum post about how they think their game should play, they'd have an aneurysm before anything ever got done. Tons of feedback was taken into consideration, just look at the update from @@Sal1ent. Just because your feedback wasn't implemented into the game doesn't mean you are being ignored.]
  • A lack of community involved in general [I just disagree with this when you can literally get your voice into an episode of #HUNTtheTRUTH. It's not my type of involvement, sure, but you can't say there's a lack there.]
  • Relic? Really. Competitive scene has 3 maps and they give us Relic? damn. [I agree with this one.] 

The competitive community suffered with Reach and H4, it was a noticeably different game. Then 343 goes ahead and makes H5 like them (albeit a few improvements) 

It sounds a bit hypocritical to judge a game that's not even released but for the die hard halo fans, Halo CE - 3 .. We know that any game with Sprint, abilities etc just wont be Halo. It might be a decent casual game, it might be better than Reach and H4 but its not Halo.

This "adapt and change" POV people take is nonsense to me. Im from the "You dont fix whats not broken" and thats what these newer Halo titles have been trying to do.

My responses are in bold.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In 2010 Halo as a competitive eSport was on its death bed. The entire community witnessed the highest of highs in 2007 with Halo 3, followed abruptly with the lowest of lows in 2010 and Halo: Reach. 

They were still using H3 in 2010...

My responses are in bold.

Just because there is layers to go through in order to make posts, that should not stop 343 from tweeting. 

Tournament organisers should be promoting the LANs to. But it's 343's game there is no excuse not to be marketing your product.

There is no way to contact 343 either. They dont reply to tweets, they have no email. The only way is Halowaypoint forums! You're expected to write your complaints in a public forum for general reading? Thats like writing a letter of complaint to a supermarket and then hanging it on its front door so everyone can read....

My complaints seem to generally be around communication. Something they could simply fix

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just because there is layers to go through in order to make posts, that should not stop 343 from tweeting. 

Tournament organisers should be promoting the LANs to. But it's 343's game there is no excuse not to be marketing your product.

There is no way to contact 343 either. They dont reply to tweets, they have no email. The only way is Halowaypoint forums! You're expected to write your complaints in a public forum for general reading? Thats like writing a letter of complaint to a supermarket and then hanging it on its front door so everyone can read....

My complaints seem to generally be around communication. Something they could simply fix

This is so false it hurts. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Have you a 343 email contact? Maybe im just dumb and couldnt find it

If you're respectful, patient, and provide constructive feedback, you can be in touch with 6-7 343 employees pretty quickly. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If you're respectful, patient, and provide constructive feedback, you can be in touch with 6-7 343 employees pretty quickly.

I have been hitting up Bravo, Quinn, and Josh Holmes every couple weeks since launch regarding MCC/H5 and have never recieved a single response.

And I'm exceedingly polite every time.

I have been hitting up Bravo, Quinn, and Josh Holmes every couple weeks since launch regarding MCC/H5 and have never recieved a single response.

And I'm exceedingly polite every time.

I really don't understand how this is possible :/

I'm able to get a response from tashi/che/bravo/josh etc. fairly quickly 

I really don't understand how this is possible :/

I'm able to get a response from tashi/che/bravo/josh etc. fairly quickly 

Perhaps his questions have already been answered or he's asking about things they can't talk about yet. 

Perhaps his questions have already been answered or he's asking about things they can't talk about yet. 

True, good point.

Could be somewhat true as most of what I'm asking about tends to be stuff like "Can you guys look at theater in MCC?" or "Is there any chance of getting an option for classic zoom in H5?".

Sorta proves my point though. There's no real communication or explanation of plans, etc. I guess it's cool if you can get the devs to shoot the breeze with you but I wouldn't call that meaningful communication.

Could be somewhat true as most of what I'm asking about tends to be stuff like "Can you guys look at theater in MCC?" or "Is there any chance of getting an option for classic zoom in H5?".

Sorta proves my point though. There's no real communication or explanation of plans, etc. I guess it's cool if you can get the devs to shoot the breeze with you but I wouldn't call that meaningful communication.

Like Josh said, it could also be that they can't talk about much of H5 yet. I'd def. reserve judgement till the flood-gates open in that regard.

As for MCC, I'd keep trying Brav. He answers me the most. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

With regards to your theater question perhaps being more specific could prove beneficial. 

I am honestly curious what you consider "in touch" means?

I sent bravo a video and he told me he would have the devs look at it. But I know they didn't because I can see the time and count viewed. I no longer have any expectations from 343 as far as open or honest communication. So I wonder what level of communication you feel is in touch.

I am honestly curious what you consider "in touch" means?

I sent bravo a video and he told me he would have the devs look at it. But I know they didn't because I can see the time and count viewed. I no longer have any expectations from 343 as far as open or honest communication. So I wonder what level of communication you feel is in touch.

Could it be that the devs looked at it and they were already aware of the issue presented in the video? 

I just think it's healthy to not make overarching assumptions. 

Could it be that the devs looked at it and they were already aware of the issue presented in the video?

I just think it's healthy to not make overarching assumptions.

What part of I looked at the stats to know they didn't watch it that you didn't understand?

After the issues with today's ASTRO tournament, no one can defend these guys.

I don't think they patched the game with the intent of causing issues with the party system.