washedfrank

My Thoughts on Continued Progression and Renewed Relationships

So we should see where they're coming from when a AAA studio owned by Microsoft fucks us out of 350+ for a game that is "just like we remember it" that didn't and still doesn't work 6 month later???

Nevermind all the lies and constant shoving of Halo 5 down our throats. All development and advertisement of Halo 5 should have been halted the second this travesty was released. It was done with Battlefield, it can be done.

No. No sympathy from me. If they were more upfront about ANYTHING, MAYBE they would have a chance at sympathy. They want our money. All we want is what we paid for. They got what they wanted and we still haven't gotten what we want.

Forgive and forget, harboring negativity isn't healthy. 

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 26

Forgive and forget, harboring negativity isn't healthy.

Do you expect things to change by "forgiving and forgetting"?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Excellent post. At the end of the day I don't think 343 is at home wringing their hands laughing at the state of Halo, right now. Hell, the guys working on the game are probably beating themselves up for taking so long. I refuse to believe they pour their hearts and souls into a game just to have it broken on release day, that's M$. It's the MS execs who really need to be blamed. I've even seen people call Bravo a bad community manager, that's just ridiculous. He can hardly use the bathroom without 343 breathing down his neck, much less give us the information we want. He's doing just fine and I'm happy for the guy. The pro team, too. God how I wish they would let the pro team pick out gametypes for the playlists.

Now that I think about it, you know what? Most of 343 probably doesn't even want sprint in Halo 5 but the shareholders get what the shareholders want. Also, please don't forget dev support. If 343 didn't give two fucks about us they wouldn't give us anything, instead we're getting at least a few tournaments a year with decent prize pools, plus the online cups. They even removed ricochet from HCS  :kappa: !!!

I think we're all a little  :salt:  over the current state of Halo but let's try to turn that salt into something somewhat productive, like telling 343 what went wrong in a polite way (Yes, I know we already did). Love you  :beyond:. We might squabble amongst ourselves but we all have one thing in common. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

This is off topic, and I only recently joined BE because I recognized a bunch of names from the old MLG forums and this is where I can read about competitive halo, but man u4ix has changed. Great post/plea.

I still play the game, and I've gotten over the many flaws... but I think the criticism is completely justified. If this were Bungie circa 2005 with pre-patch settings, I would be more patient, because of their success with Halo 1, and the fact they weren't rushing new releases... But we all know in a few months 343 will abandon this game and focus on their new "Halo" game for the Holiday season.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, $600+ dollars definitely went down the drain. Not gonna lie, it was definitely false advertisement. But at least I've gotten used to the controller for Black Ops 3.  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I have no doubt that 343 wants Halo to be great. This is kinda like politics where both democrats and republicans are striving for a great America. The issue is that one group thinks a great America is one in which god fearing Americans infringe on the rights of gay people (for the record I'm not a huge democrat or anything). In my eyes 343 is flat out wrong in the direction they are taking Halo. It's not good for sales or longevity, it's not good for casuals, and it's not good for competition. 

343 has done nothing to earn our respect back since the failed launch of MCC I see what you are trying to do but honestly 343 just doesnt care about us at all.

I know a lot of us are (rightly) angry at 343 for MCC. And we should be.

But when we're talking about H5 & HCS, we have to remember that the 343 employees we're talking with HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MCC. Don't take your anger out on them. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am really torn between this being a troll post or not, I mean it is Frank

Frank is trying to be professional now. Take some time we will have to get used to it aha