Sign in to follow this  
Proto

Official Iron Games Atlanta Feedback Thread

As Dylen said, thank you for the feedback (everyone) We appreciate it more then anything. My main objective for IG's broadcast is to always be improving and with the help of the community that path has been set and we're on our way there.

Responding to a few feedback posts:

Player Cameras, this was something that I started looking into prior to Atlanta however we were unable to come to a final decision on getting the (BEST) product that would produce the best quality for the stream. Rest assured that this is 100% something i'm looking into adding for future events.

Hostess, Overall she was hard working, dedicated, and has a lot of talent and did her best to do any and all research she could coming into Atlanta. We do appreciate all her hard work and dedication that she put into the event. Rough and bumpy roads are going to happen however it's how we can improve on things moving forward.

Casters, I believe I saw a post before regarding this. I strongly believe that this events rotation for casters was one of our best yet, Lenox and I put our heads together to the best of our ability to try and capitalize on giving the viewers at home (color and Analyst) and not two of the same all the time like before.

Crowd Mic's, I love the idea of these, I've seen them at previous events such as PAX for the HCS Season 1 finals. These are something I personally will be looking into getting them as well along with player cameras.

Video Content, I personally have to give a shout out to Alex Kuhne, he created the bumpers and intro video and closing video for the broadcast this past weekend, overall they were awesome and I know i've seen nothing but good things about them. I will look into featuring more IG produced footage at future events, maybe something we can even coordinate with other companies on too, never know...

- The Organization Roster videos were a new addition this event and I believe they were something everyone enjoyed seeing including the organizations themselves.

Live stat tracking is just one of the things that Iron Gaming handles for our events, with the help of the Esports team lead by Dylen we we're able to incorporate the player stats from the players on stream, I've seen some of the comments regarding going more in-depth and that is something i'll look into for our next event series.

Again, I appreciate everyone tuning into the stream this past weekend and supporting through the ups and downs, I also appreciate all the feedback from anyone and everyone. Please don't hesitate to email me directly ( [email protected] ) with suggestions and comments regarding any IG broadcasts.

Best, 

• Upvote (+1) 8

As Dylen said, thank you for the feedback (everyone) We appreciate it more then anything. My main objective for IG's broadcast is to always be improving and with the help of the community that path has been set and we're on our way there.

Responding to a few feedback posts:

Again, I appreciate everyone tuning into the stream this past weekend and supporting through the ups and downs, I also appreciate all the feedback from anyone and everyone. Please don't hesitate to email me directly ( [email protected] ) with suggestions and comments regarding any IG broadcasts.

Best, 

Having an in ear, confidence monitor, or production assistant who has direct communication with the producer is a most for floor interviews. They need to know when they're live and when to wrap, and for a new interviewer, the lack of those essential items makes providing quality, concise, and flowing interviews is extremely difficult. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just want to reiterate this:

CROWD AUDIO PLEASE!

You beat me to it. MY GOD is it so boring to listen to without fans in the background. I mean the venue was pretty full but there was nothing to be heard. I can just see people tuning in and going "LOL NO FANS GAME SUX" and that's it. It really isn't as exciting without the crowd. People keep talking shit about Goldenboy's yelling, but how do we know if he wasn't as hyped as people in the venue? ( Really he needs to stop with Halo because people here only bash him anyway )

• Upvote (+1) 1

You beat me to it. MY GOD is it so boring to listen to without fans in the background. I mean the venue was pretty full but there was nothing to be heard. I can just see people tuning in and going "LOL NO FANS GAME SUX" and that's it. It really isn't as exciting without the crowd. People keep talking shit about Goldenboy's yelling, but how do we know if he wasn't as hyped as people in the venue? ( Really he needs to stop with Halo because people here only bash him anyway )

All out of +rep

Not to mention, it's no good when the announcers (2-3 times) ask the crowd which team they're rooting for and all you can hear are crickets :/

• Upvote (+1) 2

All out of +rep

Not to mention, it's no good when the announcers (2-3 times) ask the crowd which team they're rooting for and all you can hear are crickets :/

Exactly. People will shit all over me or this, but I will take this over any other Halo any day again.

There is just soooo much energy. See to me I have never been one to care about what Halo is being played. What I care about is this. The events themselves. Now that the quality of Halo has caused the scene to die, now I care about how Halo plays. But I digress.

Without that kind of energy at events, who the fuck cares who's doing what? We need hype and energy. I go to events to have a good time, regardless of if I win or not. Halo today seems like events are just not even fun. Seems like a chore just to sit there and be bored

• Upvote (+1) 1

What happened to the H5 Feedback Thread? (btw)

Merged with the H5 thread after the feedback stuff was released by 343.

Merged with the H5 thread after the feedback stuff was released by 343.

I thought he was asking about the article that @@Moa was supposedly working on.

The one you delayed in order to do the 343-bashing MCC 100 days article  :lxthul:

Player Cameras, this was something that I started looking into prior to Atlanta however we were unable to come to a final decision on getting the (BEST) product that would produce the best quality for the stream. Rest assured that this is 100% something i'm looking into adding for future events.

I'd suggest looking at these, they're not cheap but from my testing they work well:

http://www.amazon.com/Marshall-Electronics-CV500-M-HDSDI-Camera/dp/B00IVQ708A/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1429729658&sr=8-29&keywords=sdi+mini+camera

It's straight forward to use in automated switching as long as the switcher has PIP functionality so it integrates into a basic workflow.

Same goes for crowd mics, since they're mono you could run up to 2 into a switcher on either side of the stage and it will require minimal monitoring once setup.

Not sure if anyone has brought this up before (and not wholly tied to IG ATL), but what about factoring in pick'em scenarios into actual post-event goodies?

Everyone has been a lot more into bracket challenges recently - and would be a good way to tie both the competitive and the casual community. Unreleased armor / armor shading color / visor / avatar / nameplate / whatever for finishing in the top xx% of top 8 teams? Points system can be determined via some simple format 10 pts 1st, 8 2nd, etc. 

You would be making your selections through a splash screen when you sign onto MCC. Voting would be up for at least a month prior to the LAN, and (Y/N) option to choose / rearrange your picks up until the event starts. Splash screen would also include URLs for forums to discuss. Would get people to at least put in the game again, for those needing some level of motivation. 

Yes, there are not many teams lately so many people will win, but that's what people looking for new skins want anyway. Plus it would get them to at least spend 10-15 minutes to check into the stream to watch. There are not many LAN events, so it's not like there is a dilution factor to the armors / goodies also. 

I'd suggest looking at these, they're not cheap but from my testing they work well:

http://www.amazon.com/Marshall-Electronics-CV500-M-HDSDI-Camera/dp/B00IVQ708A/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1429729658&sr=8-29&keywords=sdi+mini+camera

It's straight forward to use in automated switching as long as the switcher has PIP functionality so it integrates into a basic workflow.

Same goes for crowd mics, since they're mono you could run up to 2 into a switcher on either side of the stage and it will require minimal monitoring once setup.

Hey man,

Appreciate you doing the research into these. These are close to what we'll be looking into getting soon for IG Broadcasts, player cameras and crowd mics are on my high priority list to install into our productions for future events. 

I appreciate the feedback and support into this. I will keep everyone updated on progress and new features that are being implemented for our broadcasts.

Best,

• Upvote (+1) 1