Sign in to follow this  
Proto

Official Iron Games Atlanta Feedback Thread

Production was pretty bad. Noticed a lot of spelling mistakes and stuff, notably in the Team Randa intro graphic where they spelled Cody as Coty and got Naded's last name wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Breaks are pretty hard to avoid considering you have one team taking all their stuff away then another coming to setup and get comfortable. It's gonna take 10-15 minutes no matter what. The side station was a great addition for those downtimes but here are some more things I would like to see.

I was referring to in between rounds of the same match. There were several instances where it took like 10-15 minutes to start game 2. Entirely too long in my opinion.

Everything else you said I agree with.

Tiny things that Walshy and Goldenboy could do to sound a bit more fluid would be to not use "members" so much as a synonym for "players" and to stop incorrectly using "weary" in place of "wary" respectively.

I would of loved being able to hear the crowd. It's one of those things that makes a snipe somebody gets or a play somebody does so much better.

• Upvote (+1) 2

- Halo Twitch Channel Operator: Not sure who was running the Halo twitch channel, but whoever was was writing things basically telling people to leave the stream if they weren't there to watch the tournament. Yea....just not a good idea. It's Twitch during an event. Trolling will occur. Flaming will occur. You cannot control that many people, and just telling people to leave is not a good way to approach it. 

Honestly this one thing almost ruined the stream for me entirely, I've been an avid Halo fan and have watched all the major tournaments since Halo 2, on twitch commenting and making jokes is part of the core experience for me. I got permanently banned for making such a lighthearted joke, it honestly almost turned me away from the stream completely. Obviously there should be some sort of moderation for spam and some really disgusting comments, but the things I saw people get banned for... I imagine there's others that feel the same way in thinking the moderations were far too strict.

Sorry for sounding so dramatic, I really like to keep my posts somewhat positive on here. I just can't believe I wont be able to make comments on the Halo channel anymore so something so trivial. 

other than that I really enjoyed the tournament, ran pretty smoothly imo. Player cams would have been nice, one of the better Tourneys I've watched in recent years. Kudos to IG and 343i.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Permanently Banned   :weback: 

Thought this weekend had some good game play & graphics/music for the stream were on point. However, i noticed a lot of technical difficulties that reminded me of the UGC St. Louis LAN. Also i thought the commentating could have been a little better but i enjoyed the few games where walshy and strongside were together.The smile on walshys face talking about teaming with side back in the day was awesome :walshy: . But on the other side by the final series it was almost to hard to listen & was if goldenboy :wutface:  & bravo :bravo:  were in a grudge match for air time lol. Still had a good time all weekend watching even though that halo mod was  :trash:

tell the pros they cannot move the stat screen for at least 15 seconds

they did, its a force of habit as well as the game forcing us to when the host switches.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

More interaction with fans. Reading out tweets would be fun in downtime. Especially if you get ahold of a player and have people tweet in questions.

This could also resolve nervousness on any interviewer as they know exactly what to say.

Oh and I say this always but promotion. Give people a reason to watch, they're offering armour for Halo 5 when you watch nightfall, how about special edition armour or tags or something for watching HCS events. Think of the badges in CS GO.

More people are gonna tune in if it means getting something they can't get in other ways. It might seem sort of meaningless at first but people always want more things.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Real smooth. A, 90%

CASTING:

I honestly thought @@GoldenboyFTW and @@Bravo did an awesome job together for finals. While i do agree it is good to pair a color with a play by play caster, they worked off each other very well. Good job, you guys killed it.

Keep the energy up too goldenboy- A couple people here told you to tone it down, but i say it keep it up! You and Simms have a similar casting style and it is a nice contrast with Bravo,Walshy,and Strongside. 

The girl interviewing was weak- she was a mono-tone-mary who seemed very nervous and rigid. It looked like her first time.

I'd give her another shot, but she needs someone to help coach her. If she looks like a robot again, i'd get someone else.

PRODUCTION:

Player cards instead of player cams was not a big at all ... Cloud's picture tho hahaahahaha

The Iron Games graphic should have slightly bigger fonts IMO. 

The "top graphic" above the health bar was so cluttered- Remove the "IG" logo and just keep the text "Iron Gaming"- All Fonts slightly bigger.

Walshy and Strongside were casting LBFinals? - Viewers could barley here strongside, but Walshy was perfectly fine- However the this was really the only audio issue from the weekend

Grand Finals 2???? Just make BO11- easier for viewers to understand.

RESTARTS/DISPUTES

-WinterFox vs C9 dispute- WFX won the game in first place even with the glitch and it should have just went to game 4. However in my eyes it was handled in an appropriate manner with a full game restart.

Crowd audio and hearing the player talking shit is a must in the streams but never happens. 

Totally agree. MLG really nailed this during H3's prime. The crowd noise is hard to fix now without much of a crowd at events to speak of (other than at S1 finals). Nevertheless, they should definitely have mic's on the crowd.

Listen in's and player cams definitely need to be featured more. People newer to the competitive Halo scene need to get a better feel of the pros' personalities. When there was a listen-in with WFX against CLG and Naded was losing his mind as per usual the chat was swooning. People eat that shit up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fly in Simms and maybe try to persuade Elamite and T2 to commentate. 

I also really like the idea of an analyst desk. It could provide some very interesting analysis and help make the time in between matches seem to go by faster and keep in viewers. Hearing a duo of Elamite/Walshy/SS/T2 talk about the previous match and what to expect in the next one would be amazing.

Also, either get a new interviewer like Legion, Frank, Dmaq, JoeFries(the best interviews are the funny ones) or have someone like them to mentor the interviewer from this past event so she can learn the ropes. Having the closing of the event be so messed up can make us look rather bad. I'm usually not all about the professionalism but in this case you have to be professional enough to have a proper closing statement from the host.     

• Upvote (+1) 3

What was the peak viewer count?

10K concurrent viewers for the finals. If you want to know the viewership for the other Halo events, let me know. 

Proto and Moa said it best. 343/ESL has 2 months to really make the next event better, hopefully they will. Also  Simms is a must.

tell the pros they cannot move the stat screen for at least 15 seconds

Or just have one designated played from each team keep them up all the time between games.

Totally agree. MLG really nailed this during H3's prime. The crowd noise is hard to fix now without much of a crowd at events to speak of (other than at S1 finals). Nevertheless, they should definitely have mic's on the crowd.

Listen in's and player cams definitely need to be featured more. People newer to the competitive Halo scene need to get a better feel of the pros' personalities. When there was a listen-in with WFX against CLG and Naded was losing his mind as per usual the chat was swooning. People eat that shit up.

the crowd at ig was fantastic. Every time I fucked up I got an earful from the crowd :D
  • Upvote (+1) 3

During the downtime between the set up of the next matches it would be cool to see them interact with the crowd to see what goes down. Also like in the MLG days it would be cool to have players who aren't playing at the moment to cast in the booth who would help explain why teams are doing what they are doing or like in the CLG map, what they would do if they were stuck in the blue room. To promote the community, more montages from youtubers, also if they played old mlg montages like Str8's, SQ's, or others. Would make the transition period better than showing H5 videos even though I understand they have to promote their upcoming title game. 

10K concurrent viewers for the finals. If you want to know the viewership for the other Halo events, let me know. 

Proto and Moa said it best. 343/ESL has 2 months to really make the next event better, hopefully they will. Also  Simms is a must.

I could have sworn I saw 12k--am I crazy? 

Bravo and Goldenboy are what we call play by play casters who will tell us what the players in the game have just done in case you missed it by any chance. 

Walshy and Strongside are what we call color casters who will let us know what the players are thinking and what kind of pushes and moves they should be making during games in order to win. 

Having two play by play guys together is terrible.

Having two colour guys together is terrible.

Having two color commentators isn't terrible, I thought Walshy and Side were great duo, and even when one was giving their analysis on a team's play/decision, the other commentator giving his own opinion is even better (its not a repeat of it, its just another perspective).

having 2 play-by-play is worse, because you can't repeat the 1st commentator in a different and meaningful way lol

apart from that, i dont care much for those 2 roles, even better would be someone that can fill both roles, give both color commentary and play-by-play (like a Joe Rogan, if anyone watches MMA).

play-by-play commentary is outdated anyway, and was for a time when ppl listened to fights on radio, and they wanted to know what was happening at each second. now we can see it (although it is still beneficial for newer viewers that dont exactly understand what is happening)

I could have sworn I saw 12k--am I crazy? 

not crazy 12K was there for 30sec-1min because it was on the front page and then it moved back to 10K.

I don't get why people are confused by the double elimination grand finals. That's how MLG did it near the end of Halo 3 and for Halo: Reach, right? Or am I remembering incorrectly. I know they do it for CoD right now, and have done it like that for a while. 

Just want to reiterate this:

CROWD AUDIO PLEASE!

This is what I loved about the MLG days. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is what I loved about the MLG days. 

makes events 10x more exciting to watch/get invested in

• Upvote (+1) 1