Sign in to follow this  
Bdog

Poll: Do you think ranks will work?

Will the ranks in the MCC work or will 343 fuck up again?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the ranks will work?

Yes it has. Are you happy when someone promises you one thing and does the other, especially when you two had a deal and you filled your part of it?

For some reason, we just keep getting lied to. Halo 4 "feels like Halo.", H2A is "Halo 2 just as I remember it 10 years ago", "improvements to matchmaking and party stability", "only 11% of people don't want sprint in Halo 5". The fuck is this. How am I supposed to be content with anything these guys say or do unless it's fully deliver a good product on the set date, meeting all the expectations that they set up for themselves?

I'm not even sure why I'm explaining this right now.

I still refuse to believe the 11% sprint thing. Total 100% false information.

• Upvote (+1) 7

343 hasn't given us any reason to think that ranks won't work, you guys are being way too pessimistic. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 12

343 hasn't given us any reason to think that ranks won't work, you guys are being way too pessimistic.

Probably a troll post, but if not, where the fuck have you been the last 3 years?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Probably not with the populations and wanting fast search times.

There will be a lower weight on these ranks the longer it goes on searching.

I can cope with search times to get good games but idk of everyone is so patient

I'm gonna break it down like this:

• Collection Announced, constant news
  • News of competitive features, very sparse compared to hyping H2A and the campaign and achievements
  • Events announced
  • All of the sudden ranks are delayed, we're talking a month after launch they were supposed to be fixed
  • Launch day, almost no one can play the fucking game
  • We aren't back, not even miles close
  • Patch #1
  • Patch #2
  • Patch #3
  • Patch #4
  • Patch #5 - Saving Grace Edition
  • Halo CE Playlist Added
  • Patch #6 - Back to Square One
  • Radio Silence
  • Radio Silence
  • Radio Silence
  • Playlist Update
  • Radio Silence
  • Radio Silence
  • Halo 5: Guardians Beta
  • Halo 5 Advertisements
  • Halo 5 Advertisements
  • Radio Silence
  • Patch #7 - Game isn't Unstable
  • Playlist Update: Halo CE 3v3 Industries
  • Radio Silence
  • Radio Silence
  • Playlist Update: 2v2 Added, Shitty Starts

Want to argue against this list?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I was lower gold...go matched with pro.....wut?

I mean I get if I was playing out of my mind last few games and went up against lower tier onyx/ high tier gold , but Pro? .....

has there been any indication if they will do anything about matching even ranked teams?

I was lower gold...go matched with pro.....wut?

I mean I get if I was playing out of my mind last few games and went up against lower tier onyx/ high tier gold , but Pro? .....

At 2100 rating, which was pro at the time, I was regularly playing against anything down to iron and it was actually quite unusual for me to play anyone that was Pro/Semi rated. That entire system was totally fubar on beta

As for MCC ranks? That shit better work flawlessly after all this time if 343 doesn't want to add onto their running joke of constant failure

• Upvote (+1) 1

The couple months leading up to mcc release has taught me that ranks can work just fine even with a small pop. That was bungie though, 343 is who we're dealing with now </3

If by "work" you mean a number will pop up next to my gamertag - then yes.

If by "work" you mean it will be a functioning ranking system - not a chance. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If by "work" you mean a number will pop up next to my gamertag - then yes.

If by "work" you mean it will be a functioning ranking system - not a chance. 

Work as in a functioning ranking system.

Work as in a functioning ranking system.

hahahahaha

hahahahahhaahahahahahahah

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaahhaahahah *wipes tears from eyes* bwahahahahahahahahahah

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sooooo one of the selling points of this "game" was the exact same ranking system as Halo 2, was it not? Well, assuming the ranks actually work 100% as intended when they finally roll out (lol), is this still supposed to be the case? Would we have the Halo 2 ranking system or will it be some garbage 343i threw together in the last couple of weeks?

Normally I'd just assume Halo 2 ranks are still the plan but look who we're talking about here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sooooo one of the selling points of this "game" was the exact same ranking system as Halo 2, was it not? Well, assuming the ranks actually work 100% as intended when they finally roll out (lol), is this still supposed to be the case? Would we have the Halo 2 ranking system or will it be some garbage 343i threw together in the last couple of weeks?

Normally I'd just assume Halo 2 ranks are still the plan but look who we're talking about here.

None of the selling points will ever be met.

It was all lies to get you to buy.

I voted no based on 343's recent track record. I think that the ranking system that will be implemented (hopefully this week) on MCC is simply a test run for the Halo 5 ranking system. MCC felt like a beta for months after the release so why not continue to use is just to test shit out.

If you're reading this post and you want Halo 5, that's fine, but please have some respect for yourself and do not buy it new.  Please buy it used.  343 does not deserve your money.  Not after this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ya know..if you want to spread negativity around the Halo community again, why dont you just go somewhere else? Ranks might work, they might not, but STOP saying otherwise. Providing an opinion is fine, but seriously....this forum has gone from excitement for Halos comeback (..yet to come) to people having the mindset of "well...Ive given up! whatever happens will always be bad because..well..343 effs things up!". This is an online community dedicated to the greatness of Halo and discussing what can possibly make the games better, not the opposite. THAT is what I See from this post and many others. Heck, it makes me not want to come here and chat with people because of all the negativity.

srry but there's already halowaypoint for fanboys

81% of us think ranks won't work.. That tells how much faith we have in 343.. LOL

81%? That's almost as bad as 343's 89% for sprint, or Walshy's "5% of the time you survive the inital Warlord push with camo" yet it happened most of the time lol. Try 95%, the other 5% are Waypoint kids droppin by to stir shit up.