Sign in to follow this  
Bdog

Poll: Do you think ranks will work?

Will the ranks in the MCC work or will 343 fuck up again?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the ranks will work?

Ranks as we know it with party sized matchmaking, no, but I would predict search parameters.

I dunno, 2.3k average per playlist isn't very good, obviously, but I kind of think it's enough. I remember playing Halo 3 in 2013 and I found games from 1-50 on a new account for fun and surely there was not more than 2.3k in the playlist. Obviously I'm pretty much just making up numbers here but it's something to consider. At least TS will be fine as it'll do better than the average playlist. HCS will struggle, though. 

I don't know what people are on, there are plenty of people for ranks. hell halo 3 ranks still work in most playlists and halo3 has a even more complicated system

H3's foundation for ranks was built over years and started with a population that had millions of active players. MCC will be starting over from scratch with about 3-4k tops per ranked playlist... it'll take a lottttt longer to do its job and be representative. Now the problem is, everyone's gonna take long to rank up again since there are no high ranks (assuming that's even how the ranks work) and average joe who didn't boost his rank might not be willing to invest so much time again because all of this took so long to fix, not to mention all the casual people who'll get shit on because most of the people left on MCC are tryhards. Do you think he wants to get reset and have to entire dozens if not hundreds of games of getting shit on over some bullshit he wasn't even aware about?

And also, people made new accounts on the daily in H3 just to get a perfect record 50 or some shit, and with the exploits, can plow through 1-50 within 3 hours. I know from Halo 3 alone, I had well over 50 accounts on a 360 at one point. This made is easier (also read: not as tedious) for everyone to rank up, meaning more people were available at all levels, including noobs who were higher than intended. It took a seat back with all the modding that goes on, but I don't think it compares.

Nothing 343 can do will make you guys happy. 

Yeah I hate coming off as demanding when I hand out $60 for X, and get Y with a bunch of Z and half of the X coming soon (which is too late now).

343 is rolling out the ranks

zQPoPn1iFrIcM.gif

The .gif made me laugh, but then I looked at your pic and started wondering where the hell Kevin Franklin went.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The current ranking system for the ONLY playlist that's ranked doesn't work. I'm only a level 7 (I don't like Halo 2 Anniversary) and I'll get matched up with level 40+      What's the point?

I wish they would just copy and paste halo 2's ranking system into MCC. I know that's easier said then done, but that would be nice. I strongly dislike playing with SlayerBob4778.

I don't think they are going to work, but if they did wouldn't it be plausible that we see a spike in population?

The current ranking system for the ONLY playlist that's ranked doesn't work. I'm only a level 7 (I don't like Halo 2 Anniversary) and I'll get matched up with level 40+      What's the point?

I wish they would just copy and paste halo 2's ranking system into MCC. I know that's easier said then done, but that would be nice. I strongly dislike playing with SlayerBob4778.

Because the current ranking system is broken? lol

hence the "fixed ranks".

They are "fixing" the ranks.... and the implementing them across playlists once they know the fixes work. 

Because the current ranking system is broken? lol

hence the "fixed ranks".

They are "fixing" the ranks.... and the implementing them across playlists once they know the fixes work. 

I voted no....

At this point unfortunately I have very little faith in 343. I hope I'm wrong...

I'm in the middle. 343's track record is bad, so I'm skeptical to believe ranks will release without any issues. At the same time, it's kind of too late into the game's cycle to be just now releasing ranks anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL! Work? Sorry, it'll be just like Halo 4's CSR. Not enough people play, so rank really does not matter. The players will be scattered between 25-45 and completely random rather than even ranks just like before

I'm in the middle. 343's track record is bad, so I'm skeptical to believe ranks will release without any issues. At the same time, it's kind of too late into the game's cycle to be just now releasing ranks anyway.

Sadly it's either

1) Ranks work but it's too late since the population is already too low

or 2) You don't get matched up with people with similar ranks. I just can't see them working right tbh, we've been lied to so much and it's probably going to happen again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If 343i is in any way associated with ranks than no, it wont work.

Yeah I hate coming off as demanding when I hand out $60 for X, and get Y with a bunch of Z and half of the X coming soon (which is too late now).

That has nothing to do with what I said, btw. 

Voting "No" isn't blind negativity or skepticism, its a fucking EDUCATED ANSWER. 

Seriously...I badly want ranks to work, but what have we seen from this company so far?

I just have this sinking feeling there's going to be something seriously fucky with ranks when they come out (drop down to 1 after a loss, 12s matching 50s, getting level 40+ allows you to sprint in that playlist, idk) and it'll take 3 months to fix be fixed soon.

I don't know what people are on, there are plenty of people for ranks. hell halo 3 ranks still work in most playlists and halo3 has a even more complicated system

Let us know how that works out for you.

Honesty curious...

Let us know how that works out for you.

Honesty curious...

@ Well ranks working =/= sufficient population. If there were 0 people playing the ranks would still work in-game, just no one to play most obviously.

And H3 is dead in majority playlists now, even at 50.

But I overall agree that I think for the average playlist in MCC it'll be fine.

...Nothing 343 can do will make you guys happy.

Uh, no...

They could delay h5 for one year, fix MCC and re-release it this Christmas.

They could start openly sharing the truth.

They could stop giving us their immersion BS and tell us why they want sprint so badly.

They could hand the h1,2, & 3 source code over to the public domain (they obviously don't care for it anyways) and let the community drive the future of the original halo.

And last but certainly not least they could all just quit halo.

These are good things they could do to make me very happy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Even if the rank system is more or less flawless it will take time to make it work properly because of the low population. But beyond that I am glad that they still trying to fix  MCC and give us the game that they promised.  

Were Menke involved with MCC ranks or only H5 ranks?

Even if the rank system is more or less flawless it will take time to make it work properly because of the low population. But beyond that I am glad that they still trying to fix MCC and give us the game that they promised.

Were Menke involved with MCC ranks or only H5 ranks?

He clearly wasn't involved with MCC. MCC was launched with no ranks.

That has nothing to do with what I said, btw. 

Yes it has. Are you happy when someone promises you one thing and does the other, especially when you two had a deal and you filled your part of it?

For some reason, we just keep getting lied to. Halo 4 "feels like Halo.", H2A is "Halo 2 just as I remember it 10 years ago", "improvements to matchmaking and party stability", "only 11% of people don't want sprint in Halo 5". The fuck is this. How am I supposed to be content with anything these guys say or do unless it's fully deliver a good product on the set date, meeting all the expectations that they set up for themselves?

I'm not even sure why I'm explaining this right now.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'll be pretty happy if we get that postmortem from Frankie.

But seriously the reason why a lot of us aren't happy is because it's just too late now. I understand there were more serious problems to address but ranks aren't going to do much with the population.

He isn't giving us that postmorten he had no idea what he was dealing with when he said that. He was just trying to get everyone to calm down