Hasuku CE

H1/CE XBC alternative.

I know that most people will just play MCC, but im sure some of you that have been playing XBC forever and probably want to keep the experience. What will most of you do to compensate for the loss of XBC? I would assume Xlink Kai, but im not sure if there is other tunneling software that will be used instead.

that'd be sweet id really like to play it again, its been some time. plus i dont really get to play downrush/exhibit/decidia as much as id like hopefully if there are people still playing xbc/xlink they play some of the new maps aswell

CE over XBC is 100 times worse than it is on MCC. And CE on MCC is still a joke unless they do some major remaining fixes. No idea why you would still use XBC

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 13

CE over XBC is 100 times worse than it is on MCC. And CE on MCC is still a joke unless they do some major remaining fixes. No idea why you would still use XBC

not even close to being true

• Upvote (+1) 8

Jawshe xbc on good internet and in a low ping is way more consistant and way better then mcc. Its exactly like playing on lan for the host and for the joiner its just a little more lead. Unlike mcc what you see happening is actually whats happening. There is no lag compensation helping some people more then it does other people. I have used x link kai with pacmayne and other people before when xbc would be down. It doesnt feel any worse or any better then xbc, about the same.

Xlink is good but a lot less stable than xbc. You have to switch up this adapter setting from automatic to manual. If everyone doesnt know to do this it gets pretty frustrating trying to keep a lobby going.

Also Jawshe saying MCC is 100x better than XBC LOOOOOOOOL. Maybe in 2003 when everyone had dial up.

Ive had a couple 25 ping games on xbc that felt almost like off host lan. Once everyone is on fiber and as they continue to improve networking and routing xbc/tunneling will just keep getting better. Back in 2002 I was one of the only people in my entire town with broadband and the fastest they offered was 1.5mb down and 384k up. I could only host 3 boxes and I could only play within 2 states of me for pings to be under 60, but back then I never had a problem finding games they where everywhere. I wish I could go back to that time with the net aviable now....That will never happen though its just so inconvienient for people to have to download a program on their computer, foward ports on their router, find an orginal xbox that works, and find a crt tv to play on. I wish mcc had a lan version of halo 1 with better graphics but same mechanics as orginal like they did for the campaign. Then have a tunneling app like xbc on the xbox one. That would of been awesome and about 1000 times easier to do then what we actually got =[

Even still if they would just make the lan version we could scrap our old xboxes and crt tvs and the people who like the new netcode version could play it on Xbl and the others who want to play everything "just the way we remember it" could play the lan version at lans and through tunneling software. All it would probally take is a week out of their time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ive had a couple 25 ping games on xbc that felt almost like off host lan. Once everyone is on fiber and as they continue to improve networking and routing xbc/tunneling will just keep getting better. Back in 2002 I was one of the only people in my entire town with broadband and the fastest they offered was 1.5mb down and 384k up. I could only host 3 boxes and I could only play within 2 states of me for pings to be under 60, but back then I never had a problem finding games they where everywhere. I wish I could go back to that time with the net aviable now....That will never happen though its just so inconvienient for people to have to download a program on their computer, foward ports on their router, find an orginal xbox that works, and find a crt tv to play on. I wish mcc had a lan version of halo 1 with better graphics but same mechanics as orginal like they did for the campaign. Then have a tunneling app like xbc on the xbox one. That would of been awesome and about 1000 times easier to do then what we actually got =[

Even still if they would just make the lan version we could scrap our old xboxes and crt tvs and the people who like the new netcode version could play it on Xbl and the others who want to play everything "just the way we remember it" could play the lan version at lans and through tunneling software. All it would probally take is a week out of their time.

i had an "amazing" host with 900k up. haha, those were the days.

Man do I miss the game search lobby XBC had. I've always hated matchmaking and how Bungie/343 force you to play their game types or be limited to your friends list for customs. I want to join random rooms or be able to host one if I want to play certain game types.

XBC > Matchmaking

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man do I miss the game search lobby XBC had. I've always hated matchmaking and how Bungie/343 force you to play their game types or be limited to your friends list for customs. I want to join random rooms or be able to host one if I want to play certain game types.

XBC > Matchmaking

this would get me to play a lot more than i am currently. custom game lobby/search

i had an "amazing" host with 900k up. haha, those were the days.

That little lightning bolt next to the host name for approved servers.  Good times.

this would get me to play a lot more than i am currently. custom game lobby/search

MCC would've been the perfect game for 343 to make a custom search lobby for. They're never going to make everyone happy with the play list choices. Why not offer matchmaking and a custom lobby? There's no way it's that hard to program.

That little lightning bolt next to the host name for approved servers.  Good times.

FW next to every server. Good times.

hahaha

• Upvote (+1) 1

FW next to every server. Good times.

hahaha

Did you forward your ports? Did you download winpcap? Is winpcap updated? Did you make sure it's selected in the settings tab? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program? What kind of router do you have? Who is your service provider?

XBC > Matchmaking

Agreed that matchmaking sucks.

Is XBC really that good with a decent connection? My only experience with it was years ago and the lag was... bizarre. If I remember correctly, button-presses were super-delayed or something like that. Kind of like the coop-lag in H1A/MCC.

If XLink works I may have to get my hands on an OG box...

*starts searching craiglist*

By the way, how many of you folks who are still playing OG version use the 1.5 map pack?

MCC would've been the perfect game for 343 to make a custom search lobby for. They're never going to make everyone happy with the play list choices. Why not offer matchmaking and a custom lobby? There's no way it's that hard to program.

Im pretty sure it would kill an already suffering population in matchmaking.

The solution to this is so simple it hurts: server browser for custom games, matchmaking for ranked. 1 ranked playlist with proper settings per game, no mixed playlists.

Such a missed opportunity. It's a crying shame.

• Upvote (+1) 1

xbc has:

better sounds

better movement

better grenades

better rockets

better beatdowns

way less trading bullshit

better looks

new maps

more consistent connection (IMO)

powerups are actually where they appear

weapons/teleports are actually where they are supposed to be

og controller

you don't die behind walls

So yeah, plenty of reason to play xbc

xbc was the shit back in the day 02 to 06 then slowly less good people were on and would only get good games by messaging people. I have not touched mcc but I think I rather play on a Columbia host on xbc rather then mcc from a few of the vids I have seen of mcc. In the end they should of just made mcc like xbc on xbl just with voice chat and dedicated servers so no host like halo pc. 

I dont know how some of you play with xbox1s controller, the thumbsticks are loser then pacmaynes sisters vaj.

• Upvote (+1) 2

xbc has:

better looks

wat

I agree with the rest on that list, but how is 1080p not better?

wat

I agree with the rest on that list, but how is 1080p not better?

everything looks... metallic? like theres a certain sheen on all the maps. I'm sure the sounds are affecting my opinion but its still there. 480p halo ce looks sharp but it does not look like mcc.

camo dude is the silver surfer up close

just got matched up with a co-worker in matchmaking, totally goosed him and spawn stuck him and his teamate. 

Excited to go into work tomorrow!

• Upvote (+1) 1