Teapot

Halo CE Spawn System (incomplete)

Am I too full of myself if I think this topic should be a featured or be stickied? Maybe I'll finish it? I dunno.. interesting that it got literally no love from the beyond staff... I'm  :salt:  but seriously I'm glad some people found this either interesting or helpful. Figuring out and attempting to understand all this information really helped me. Knowledge of the spawn system allows you to set up for an aggressive of passive spawn of your teammate as a priority rather than playing just surface based halo. You'll find yourself making decisions and prioritizing different factors above where you think you want to be to benefit yourself... hard to explain.

cT and I confirmed the random distance is 18.3 meters. His 17.5 measurement was from testing on sidewinder back in the day.

Really? Interesting.. do you know how he figured out the difference or what testing was done? I completely believe him, but am just interested how this was figured out after what seemingly was a lot of digging for the 17.5 distance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really? Interesting.. do you know how he figured out the difference or what testing was done? I completely believe him, but am just interested how this was figured out after what seemingly was a lot of digging for the 17.5 distance.

He said to message him if you have any questions. It's 18.3 meters from all spawn points for a 100% random.

Bumping this back to the front page after that great Beyond 2v2 tournament in case anyone became newly interested and wants to learn!

cT and I confirmed the random distance is 18.3 meters. His 17.5 measurement was from testing on sidewinder back in the day.

that's news to me... i specifically remember basing that number off measurements in hang em. we also checked in prisoner and damnation for vertical correspondence. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

that's news to me... i specifically remember basing that number off measurements in hang em. we also checked in prisoner and damnation for vertical correspondence. 

Let's just say insidious that a lil reality check from your's truly put cT on the right distance. Eighteen point three meters boys. That is the 100% random distance.

Updated the third post with some excellent videos from @a Chunk

Thanks for posting them!

I had watched a lot of the existing grenade trick videos.  I always struggled to figure out exactly what was being used as reference points, partially because of the poor video quality, and also because there were no explanations given.  I don't have the equipment to make high quality videos, so my main goal with these videos was to give an explanation of the reference points I use.  Hopefully someone will find it useful.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's always a fun time when the other team gets a random random just for doing nothing. Both dead, you see a guy spawn red shotgun, then the other guy spawns top blue and kills you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry, but I have to bump for the 5th annual beach lan starting tomorrow. Arguably one of the best written and most complete threads on this forum.

On a side note, do percentage spawns really bother anyone else? It's not fun when the game decides to spawn your teammate low health when your standing bottom safe on Prisoner instead of spawning him in safe itself. I feel like percentage spawns will randomly give a certain team more kills a game than the other. I wish it was just whatever spawn you're closer to is 100%.

• Upvote (+1) 5

What percentage of 343 employees do you think know the information in this thread? 10%? Maybe even less?

• Upvote (+1) 3

What percentage of 343 employees do you think know the information in this thread? 10%? Maybe even less?

Kevin Franklin once did an interview with Bravo, Bravo was talking about randoms in CE and Franklin flat out said: "There were no random spawns in Halo CE". Goes to show how much 343 understands the foundation that this franchise was built on.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Updated the third post with some excellent videos from @a Chunk

can you find an updated gif of your forum signature including halo 4 and halo 5, it is ridiculously funny!

• Upvote (+1) 1

They probably forgot halo ce was a game, since all they do is try to figure out how to make more money with req packs

• Upvote (+1) 3

The sad thing is, the contents of this thread should be required reading for anyone who is going to be designing games systems for a halo title. Instead, these origins are all but forgotten.

The sad thing is, the contents of this thread should be required reading for anyone who is going to be designing games systems for a halo title. Instead, these origins are all but forgotten.

people forget that halo ce is the most competitive halo out there

running melee/ double melee

Grenade launching power ups

Spawn manipulation

EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT

Why 343i!!

I'm gonna go make a post now

• Upvote (+1) 2

So..is this guide ever gonna be complete?  Lol

The @@Moa neg is strong with your posts.  

As someone who bashes 343 on a routine basis, even I can agree your posts are void of a real opinion or substance.  Come on mate - you can do better than this. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The @@Moa neg is strong with your posts.  

As someone who bashes 343 on a routine basis, even I can agree your posts are void of a real opinion or substance.  Come on mate - you can do better than this. 

Lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll expand even further and say that this thread should be required reading with a test given to any one even being considered of a position at game development studio.  I don't care if they company solely makes sports games and will never develop a FPS shooter during their entire lifespan as a company.  This thread details on how to properly make an FPS shooter, period, and it's content showcases the level of depth that needs to be incorporated when considering making ANY title of any genre.  It's not even debatable tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 1