Sign in to follow this  
Canuck

How casual have you gone with the way you play Halo?

I still try to play competitively. Still use my Astros and Gunnars. I don't play nearly as much anymore, and haven't played a single competitive custom since getting MCC. Haven't learned weapon times, and usually run matchmaking by myself. I enjoy MCC, I just don't have anyone to play with anymore. Everyone else has moved on to bigger and better things.

Nothing has really changed for me I guess, I still go into mm wanting/trying to win every game. Only difference i guess is back then is that I would time everything and search with a party.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for losing most of the player base 343. Just something else to add to your list of fuck ups.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Haven't played MCC in more than a month. Destiny has my full attention now. Speed running missions, raids, strikes, grinding and playing the Crucible have been a much better experience than what MCC has been.

If Microsoft stopped after Halo Reach, I would have been on PS4 not giving a shit about Microsoft.

Since I'm taking a break from Destiny for a bit. I might as well see what else is new.

Up until today, I hadn't touched Halo in 4 months (Halo Online excluded) and I had become so casual about it, that I wasn't even bothered letting someone like @@Batchford outplace me in CE and would prioritize 360 no scopes over performance.

I'll get serious if we're about to lose because I'll never be that teammate but...

I'm a huge casual now. It saves me money though, I don't have to buy new headphones or a chat adapter.

Other than following pros on twitter I don't care about the competitive scene anymore. I probably won't be watching any more tournaments. Not getting Halo 5 at this point either. I even play BTB now :\

i only have the mic that comes with the xbox and I hardly ever plug it in.  I will quit out if I don't get a gametype I want to play and am much quicker to quit if my teammates suck.  I don't really play with other people, either.  I just go in alone and play a few games then quit.

I don't care about tournaments anymore, I may watch a round if I stumble upon it but the game itself is just not interesting.

I also have no interest in Halo 5 what so ever, and outside of playing a few games of NBA here and there I hardly play video games anymore, and when I do I get frustrated because I suck.

I play a bit of Team Hardcore but mostly HCE. Do I try, yes obviously; anyone who says they don't try is up their ass. Never the less its still mindless fun. Without a ranking system this game cant be played any other way but casually, the people I seem to play with in 95% my games are terrible and have no idea how to play the game. MCC is so uncompetitive that when my friend and I text each other to see if we want to play a couple games we say "Want to go hunting?" That's really what the MCC feels like, I'm hunting wild animals who have no idea whats going on. Its pretty much target practice.

i only have the mic that comes with the xbox and I hardly ever plug it in. I will quit out if I don't get a gametype I want to play and am much quicker to quit if my teammates suck. I don't really play with other people, either. I just go in alone and play a few games then quit.

I don't care about tournaments anymore, I may watch a round if I stumble upon it but the game itself is just not interesting.

I also have no interest in Halo 5 what so ever, and outside of playing a few games of NBA here and there I hardly play video games anymore, and when I do I get frustrated because I suck.

You're part of the problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Basically none of my friends play it and I used to call out and stuff but now I just lay my Astros on the desk and turn them up cause they're better than my monitor speakers.

Sad but true

Ranks might help me but I'm still a strong supporter of ranked/social instead of all ranked

I can't get too serious about any game because I'm not awesome at any game.  Mediocre at best.  I like winning, I like playing the objective (else why play an objective game), and I like improving.  But primarily, I just like to have fun.

Back in the Wolfenstein / Doom days, I played a lot.  Made Doom levels in college.  But real life hit, and I didn't play much Quake or Star Wars, and pretty much left FPSs entirely.  Had a PS2 and PS3 for sports games and bargain-basement, dumb top-down shooters because you could play them mindlessly.

But right after H4 came out, I played some MP with my wife's brother . . . and I suddenly remembered what I had been missing after dropping the PC FPSs.  Bought a 360, bought H4 (only game I ever bought for the 360), and I was off.  Super-excited about MCC.  Super-disappointed in how shitty it worked.  But eventually, when things started becoming playable, absolutely fell in love with CE, really enjoyed H2C, and disliked H3 (no-POD H4 and H2A are both more fun than H3 to me).  Became even more disappointed that I'd never played Halo from the beginning because I missed out on a lot of fun.

So though I love the Halo series, picking up console FPSs for the first time at almost 40 years old means I'll never truly be good.  Hard to burn that muscle memory for aiming into my brain.  I play to win, but I just can't take it too seriously because there's only so much improvement that I can make.  The only equipment I bought specifically for Halo was the console and a headset . . . which I don't use much because for some reason I keep getting matched with people from Europe and Mexico (despite living less than 90 miles from the Chicago datacenter) and I don't speak German, French, or Spanish.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've gone from a competitive Halo 3 MLG player to a competitive team doubles Reach player. Competitive in the sense that I play it competitively. 90 % of the other ones don't.

You're part of the problem.

Typing that out I was thinking the exact same thing, but I am far past the point where I want to play a game and not have fun.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm so casual, I get mad at other players for "trying hard."

I'm so casual, I get confused at other players for "trying hard." What's the point?

• Upvote (+1) 1

As others have said I just don't see the point. Kinda moved on from the good times and not looking forward to the future direction the game is heading.

I enjoy my time playing rpgs like Dark souls and Dragon Age. The Witcher next month will be amazing. If i'm in the mood for multiplayer i just play LoL but thats about it.

I enjoy the community discussions here and lurking forum topics more than actually playing Halo. All my passion was killed off with the horrible MCC launch, and it killed most of my friends and neighbors passion for the game too.

I used to play Halo quite often a while back (but never to take away from school) and I was pretty decent I think. I tried to play Halo 3 MLG often to improve but not too much because I always searched solo.

Now, with the combination of Halo 4, starting and now finishing university, and the disappointing launch for MCC I hardly play it anymore and I'm pretty bad with no drive. If I get on to play Halo once every 2 weeks or whatever the rate is, I play Campaign, maybe BTB.

I used to watch MLG's tournaments but now I don't care. I really want to care, and I felt passion that I had for Halo reignited right before MCC was released, but its problems quickly doused that. I used to do more than just lurk on the community forums.

I'll be working in the summer but I'll have a lot of free time and I can't see myself playing Halo often like I thought I was going to before MCC came out. :/

I went from being addicted to playing Halo 40 hours per week back in my teen years to not even playing video games at all anymore at 23. Makes me sad that I don't enjoy gaming anymore, I thought I'd be playing video games for the rest of my life. :( I guess it's time to move on to better things.

I don't play Halo much anymore but even when I do it's on 360. I'll still try to win even tho the game is dead. I'll always be that type of guy who hates losing, doesn't matter what game or how many people play it, I'll still try my ass off just because I can't stand not trying my best. Tho only time I don't is when it's friendly games.

I'm so casual, I get confused at other players for "trying hard." What's the point?

I am so casual I get confused why anyone cheats any more. Like you said what's the point?

I've gone from probably 4+ hours of Halo a day back in 2004-2011 to 4 hours of Halo per year. I had the headphones, low latency monitors, fibre connection and a friends list of equally fanatical players. Now I have a recliner, big TV and built-in audio.

The last few years were rough, but I've finally come to terms with the fact that I'll never get my Halo back. I'll admit, I was fooled by MCC, and I shelled out for an Xbone. But all I do on my Xbone is watch Netflix and occasionally play Fifa with old friends. I would sell it on Ebay, but it almost seems more effort than it's worth, because it's a half decent Netflix machine.

I dedicated most of my gaming to PC now. Battlefield, Dark Souls 2, GTA V, Insurgency, Skyrim, Total War and loads of indie Steam games. And The Witcher 3 and Star Wars Battlefront are on the horizon. PC gaming doesn't disappoint me and con me out of my money year upon year, unlike Microsoft. I've gone from an Xbox and Halo diehard fanboy to someone that quite frankly wouldn't give two shits if Microsoft announced they were shutting down the Xbox division for good, and ceasing production. I think this is the first year I'm without Xbox Live Gold for over 11 years.

TL;DR

I'm so casual, my most played game on Xbox One is the update screen.