Sign in to follow this  
Code E

Halo: MCC April Update Talk

Hey guys. I have been feverishly lurking the forums everyday to see if we finally get our April CU.

What are you guys hoping we get as far as fixes and additions?  Obviously we need ranks..desperately, but like we've all said their value to the population numbers might be negligent at this point. Plus they really need to figure out H3 forge so we can finally get H3 MLG and somewhat playable H3 dubs...

They didn't release it April 1st (presumably due to easter) but I hope its because its going to be a sizable and impactful update.

Spoiler: Get your pitchforks out because its going to be worthless...

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wish they'd make an update that bricks our xbox's for everyone with MCC installed and then they say their sorry and offer some free tidbits and downloadable dude-bro animations for halo 5 while they fix it. They'd get away with it so why not?, bitta lulz. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I wish they'd make an update that bricks our xbox's for everyone with MCC installed and then they say their sorry and offer some free tidbits and downloadable dude-bro animations for halo 5 while they fix it. They'd get away with it so why not?, bitta lulz.

They should add Sprint to CE and watch Lemon lose it...

Inb4 someone thinks I'm serious...

• Upvote (+1) 6

They should add Sprint to CE and watch Lemon lose it...

Inb4 someone thinks I'm serious...

They should add infinite nades to CE, duh! community wanted moar than two nades! 

Implement ranks, have the ranking search parameter work the same as Halo 3 except it only extends the level search by 3 (something I expect from them in the future cos they are pure aids). 

If any one wants to help me come up with a better solution feel free to make changes. Right now i have came up with some different playlists and i think there is something for casual & competitive players. I'm really missing playing some of my favorite maps from all of the halo games. Tired of choosing a playlist and the vote comes up with the same map on the same title. Variety is the spice of life.

Ranked Matchmaking
Each title needs its own ranked playlist with appropriate player counts.

Halo Ce Ranked (2v2)
Halo 2 Classic Ranked (4v4)
Halo 2 Anniversary Ranked (4v4)
Halo 3 Ranked (4v4)
Halo 4 Ranked (4v4)

Halo Championship Series (4v4)
Team Hardcore/Team MLG (4v4) H1/H2/H3/H4
Team Doubles (2v2) H2/H2A/H3/H4
Rumble Pit H1/H2/H2A/H3/H4

Social Matchmaking
Each playlists needs to have 4 options for voting, 1 for each title. Halo 2 anniversary is removed. Maps & game-types not featured in rank appear more often in this playlist.

Team Slayer (4v4) H1/H2/H3/H4
Big Team Slayer (8v8) H1/H2/H3/H4
Team Objective/Team Snipers/Team ActionSack (4v4) H1/H2/H3/H4

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Remove H4 from Team Hardcore. Let's be honest--no competitive player wants to play it.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ranked Matchmaking

Halo Ce Ranked (2v2)

Halo 3 Ranked (4v4)

Halo 4 Ranked (4v4)

Team Hardcore/Team MLG (4v4) H1/H2/H3/H4

No Ranked FFA bro what is this nonsense.

8 man Rumble Pit, H2/H3 on Midship nonstop.

Or more maps than Midship, but a lot of Midship.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think the idea of a playlist even works for multiple games. You are always left in scenarios where you quit out because you got a gametype you don't like, or you regretfully play and wish you weren't playing said gametype.

For instance, I like the doubles playlist a lot, but I just really don't like h3, h4, or h2a. When a game starts up, there like a 1 in 3 chance I'll get a gametype I actually enjoy.

This is a dilemma for me because I am a busy guy. I have lots of stuff going on in my life, and if I'm actually taking the time to play halo, I want to play a halo I actually somewhat enjoy. So I can either quit and feel bad about it, or stay and feel annoyed that I'm wasting my time playing a game I don't like.

What I think is a much better solution is to abandon the idea of global playlists, and make playlists editable locally for each user.

So for instance, I could go ahead and make my H1 and H2C 2v2 playlist, and someone else might create a H2C and H3 2v2 playlist. Even though we're not both searching in the same playlist, we can still potentially be matched up together because we have a desired gametype in common: H2C 2v2.

This solves the problem we face now of needing too many niche playlists to make everyone happy. Currently, we would need probably over 50 playlists to satisfy the weird combinations of game types that players like and don't like. We all know that this would spread the player population really thin, and lead to long wait times and etc.

This solution is the best of both worlds: it allows users to arbitrarily choose which games/gametypes they do/don't want to play, without spreading the playlist population thin.

Also, ranks would be given per game/gametype instead of per playlist. So a rank for H1 2v2s, H2C 4v4, Hwhatever snipers, Hwhatever FFA. Similarly, there wouldn't be unranked playlists; only unranked gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 9

No Ranked FFA bro what is this nonsense.

8 man Rumble Pit, H2/H3 on Midship nonstop.

Or more maps than Midship, but a lot of Midship.

i totally forgot Rumble Pit bro i love FFA & the H2A rumble was one of the only playlists i was doing for awhile..ill edit my op :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ranked Matchmaking

Halo Ce Ranked (2v2)

Halo 3 Ranked (4v4)

Halo 4 Ranked (4v4)

Team Hardcore/Team MLG (4v4) H1/H2/H3

Rumble Pit H2/H2A/H3/H4

Social Matchmaking

Each playlists needs to have 4 options for voting, 1 for each title. Halo 2 anniversary is removed. Maps & game-types not featured in rank appear more often in this playlist.

Team Slayer (4v4) H1/H2/H3/H4

Big Team Slayer (8v8) H1/H2/H3/H4

Team Objective/Team Snipers/Team ActionSack (4v4) H1/H2/H3/H4

Updated the list and added rumble pit to the ranked. Let me know what other thoughts you guys have on the playlist updates.

How about fix the basic matchmaking components.....I still get bumped or have someone else in a game of 8 weather it be customs or matchmaking get kicked from the game I would estimate about a quarter of the time.....I don't think some people get that a lot of teams people that "quit" in the middle of the game did not necessarily "quit" but instead got kicked from the match

I don't think the idea of a playlist even works for multiple games. You are always left in scenarios where you quit out because you got a gametype you don't like, or you regretfully play and wish you weren't playing said gametype.

For instance, I like the doubles playlist a lot, but I just really don't like h3, h4, or h2a. When a game starts up, there like a 1 in 3 chance I'll get a gametype I actually enjoy.

This is a dilemma for me because I am a busy guy. I have lots of stuff going on in my life, and if I'm actually taking the time to play halo, I want to play a halo I actually somewhat enjoy. So I can either quit and feel bad about it, or stay and feel annoyed that I'm wasting my time playing a game I don't like.

What I think is a much better solution is to abandon the idea of global playlists, and make playlists editable locally for each user.

So for instance, I could go ahead and make my H1 and H2C 2v2 playlist, and someone else might create a H2C and H3 2v2 playlist. Even though we're not both searching in the same playlist, we can still potentially be matched up together because we have a desired gametype in common: H2C 2v2.

This solves the problem we face now of needing too many niche playlists to make everyone happy. Currently, we would need probably over 50 playlists to satisfy the weird combinations of game types that players like and don't like. We all know that this would spread the player population really thin, and lead to long wait times and etc.

This solution is the best of both worlds: it allows users to arbitrarily choose which games/gametypes they do/don't want to play, without spreading the playlist population thin.

Also, ranks would be given per game/gametype instead of per playlist. So a rank for H1 2v2s, H2C 4v4, Hwhatever snipers, Hwhatever FFA. Similarly, there wouldn't be unranked playlists; only unranked gametypes.

This is a great idea, and it would really alleviate the low population problem too. Shadowrun's preferences system was similar to this, and it worked great. This is the perfect game for something like this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is a great idea, and it would really alleviate the low population problem too. Shadowrun's preferences system was similar to this, and it worked great. This is the perfect game for something like this.

Thanks. I think one of the best benefits to this that it would keep people who should never meet separate.

I have not lost a single game in the doubles playlist except for one game when the other team voted h4.

It's really a shame that I can guarantee 343 will never implement this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's really a shame that I can guarantee 343 will never implement this.

Even if they wanted to (or gave enough of a shit to) I'm sure they'd find some way to fuck it up royally.

It's too bad, because that really is an awesome idea.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That personal preference style for matchmaking should have been their vision and goal from the beginning... but these people wrote code that allows players on the same xbox to be separated. I'm not sure they had it in them to make something that effective and polished.

• Upvote (+1) 6

That personal preference style for matchmaking should have been their vision and goal from the beginning... but these people wrote code that allows players on the same xbox to be separated. I'm not sure they had it in them to make something that effective and polished.

:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

People have been saying since before the game came out about how its going to be tough to organize the playlists and that seems to have definitely been an issue this far

People have been saying since before the game came out about how its going to be tough to organize the playlists and that seems to have definitely been an issue this far

It's tough because 343 as a studio refuses to make any innovations other than ones already proved 'safe' by CoD or Destiny. I guarantee if another AAA game was released a year or so before with a preference style matchmaking system, that is what would be in MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's tough because 343 as a studio refuses to make any innovations other than ones already proved 'safe' by CoD or Destiny. I guarantee if another AAA game was released a year or so before with a preference style matchmaking system, that is what would be in MCC.

I'm actually kinda curious about this. So many people here basically want a classic Halo. I'm curious what original ideas this community might have for the future of the franchise? I think it's obvious that Halo 5 can't just be Halo CE with better graphics. I do think a majority of the people here agree on some core ideas that we all want in Halo but I wonder if we could agree on some things that could be brought to the game that wouldn't ruin it?

• Upvote (+1) 1