Automaton

ASTRO Spartans: Halo CE 2v2 Tournament Registration Thread

If there is not going to be ffas to determine seeding then how is host going to be decided for the third, tiebreaker games? If it hasnt already been decided an idea I had could be whoever wins their game by the most kills gets to choose. Also a lot of people I have talked to feel like hangem high is one of the worst maps playing on host currently and seems like a bad selection for the tiebreaking game. What are other's thoughts on this? Would prefer opinions from people like toxin wubby doboy who have put the most time in the game, I would trust their opinions the most. Personally I find hh and pris as the two hardest maps to play on host.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If there is not going to be ffas to determine seeding then how is host going to be decided for the third, tiebreaker games? Also a lot of people I have talked to feel like hangem high is one of the worst maps playing on host currently and seems like a bad selection for the tiebreaking game. What are others thoughts on this?

heh should not be a tie breaker at all. Pris would be a better choice. No clue why it was not included in the best of 3's, which should have been 

chill out

prisoner

damnation 

then the best of 5's

chill out

prisoner

damnation

hang em high

derelict

which is the rotation maps have been played in for years now..

@@CyReN

@@Moa

@@Clicked

I also agree if just three maps are to be chosen co dammy and pris are considered to be the most fair maps. Hangem brings a significant amount of luck into play based off who gets better random spawns. Derelict pretty much speaks for its self its a fun map but once a team gets total control of top and power ups it can feel near Iimpossible to get it back. Another point I would like to make is I have seen more 50-49 games on dammy then any other map and seems like the perfect tie breaker map to me.

The rotation is actually Chilly, Pris, HH, Dammy, Dere.

Ya on the og game you just started with co then went left lol

hi :) how will seed / host be determined? can higher seed give lower seed the host if desired?

Team name: Str8 Trippin

i Lammie i

to be determined 

AkaDemik you were on the right track. Can anyone running the tournament answer these questions about host please? 

As for map rotation, Chilly / Dammy / HH is nice for the best of 3 series. I think maps 2 and 4 should be switched for the best of 5's, however. I disagree with those saying that HH is not a good game 3 map. HH requires the most skill, knowledge, and teamwork out of any of the available maps. It is possible for a lesser team to get lucky on Chilly or Dammy but the best team usually wins on HH. To Holbry and your point on random spawns, I think that Prisoner beginning spawns have a greater influence on that one game than randoms do on HH, especially since randoming is a choice. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

AkaDemik you were on the right track. Can anyone running the tournament answer these questions about host please?

As for map rotation, Chilly / Dammy / HH is nice for the best of 3 series. I think maps 2 and 4 should be switched for the best of 5's, however. I disagree with those saying that HH is not a good game 3 map. HH requires the most skill, knowledge, and teamwork out of any of the available maps. It is possible for a lesser team to get lucky on Chilly or Dammy but the best team usually wins on HH. To Holbry and your point on random spawns, I think that Prisoner beginning spawns have a greater influence on that one game than randoms do on HH, especially since randoming is a choice.

I like hh but there is no question it can be really unfair. Any good team is going to random why would you want your teamate to spawn beside you when he could spawn across the map somewhere or at camo....ive had hh games where everytime I random I get camo spawn or top blue making the game a joke easy to win. ive also had games where I get randomed in terrible places and the other team keeps getting camo and top blue spawns making the game really hard to win... you say worse teams can win on co and dammy yet those are the two most fair maps there is... I mean dammy can be won from top green or bottom red there is not possibly a more fair map. Co is the only map where power ups are split up so well. I mean you can get camo sniper and easily rival rocket guy. There isnt really anything left to chance at all on chilly. Prisoner is fair too because you have almost complete control of every spawn you give your teamate. The points I made are not just my opinion they are things I have heard for years from majority of halo players. I realise hh is the easiest map to beat people who dont have a lot of expierence and dont know how to play it. But when you got a group of 4 even players that all know how to play it, too many times it just comes down to who gets the better random spawns rather then who has better teamwork and is shooting the best.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like hh but there is no question it can be really unfair. Any good team is going to random why would you want your teamate to spawn beside you when he could spawn across the map somewhere or at camo....ive had hh games where everytime I random I get camo spawn or top blue making the game a joke easy to win. ive also had games where I get randomed in terrible places and the other team keeps getting camo and top blue spawns making the game really hard to win... you say worse teams can win on co and dammy yet those are the two most fair maps there is... I mean dammy can be won from top green or bottom red there is not possibly a more fair map. Co is the only map where power ups are split up so well. I mean you can get camo sniper and easily rival rocket guy. There isnt really anything left to chance at all on chilly. Prisoner is fair too because you have almost complete control of every spawn you give your teamate. The points I made are not just my opinion they are things I have heard for years from majority of halo players. I realise hh is the easiest map to beat people who dont have a lot of expierence and dont know how to play it. But when you got a group of 4 even players that all know how to play it, too many times it just comes down to who gets the better random spawns rather then who has better teamwork and is shooting the best.

I respectfully disagree. The only time random spawns really have an opportunity to flip a game completely on its side is when you get two dead and they spawn perfectly top blue or something. Aside from this, it is your job as a unit to be watching all spawns if you suspect your opponent is giving his teammate a random, or to prevent your opponent from giving his teammate a random. The amount of randoms on HH and the spawn system for non-randoms make it a thinking man's map. There are plenty of situations to not random your teammate but mostly you should, that's just the nature of the map. Dammy can also have pretty brutal randoms but you say there cannot possibly be a more fair map lol. Chilly is the most random of the 5 main maps. 

To me what makes a map "random" is the chances for the lesser team to win. The reason no one plays Wizard or Rat Race is that lesser players can inexplicably beat better players based on beginning spawns or dumb luck. In my opinion Pris and Dere are the most fair maps, but I like the 3 game series standing at Chilly, Dammy, HH. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lammie lets continue our discussion in the halo 1 2v2 Tournaments thread I think we probably should leave this one for mostly teams registering.

silly noobs.  chilly, hh, pris, dammy, derelict. (if only running nooby 5 game series) - start chillout and go left.  always go left.

real men play the 7 game gauntlets, including both BC and rat race, as they are actually 2 of the most fair/competitive maps in the full rotation :)

• Upvote (+1) 5

were do I get settings? Can't open up beyonds settings file share

The Beyond Settings account will be online the day of the tournament to download the settings. I'm not leaving my Xbox on Halo, dormant for a few weeks.

I disagree that a map with less chances for the team who is getting punished is considered "random", and consider Hang Em High to be one of the most random maps in the series. You can random your teammate 6 times in a row to red or you can get him top blue. I think it takes a lot to win and stay dominant on HEH but the team that is in control can literally screw themselves over with bad randoms.

Kind of curious how CO is the most random map, and I honestly don't have a comment on tie maps or host maps. I seriously don't think I've played on host in MCC which I thought was preventing me from getting an advantage but it still sounds like there's host issues that create a disadvantage.

If we're doing best of 3 I think I would prefer to watch CO, Priz, Damnation but again I'm not playing in this tournament so it's all good to me. I think each round should be a 7 man gauntlet though.. that sounds good to me  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 2

real men play the 7 game gauntlets, including both BC and rat race, as they are actually 2 of the most fair/competitive maps in the full rotation :)

I completely agree with that I think the 5 map rotation is also called the "xbc 5". When I quit playing halo 2 and got back on xbc BC, Rat Race and Longest had stoped being played online and I was generally called a newb when I selected them. I was also told I needed to start running derelict in my rotation..... I was like umm derelict and wizard got dropped in 2v2 ts because of the crazy kill swings they could have. Anyways after playing xbc off and on for the last 8 years I learned how to play derelict and forgot how to play bc,rr, and longest which to me where fun competitive maps back in the day.

After reading lammie's post again I think maybe he is relatively new to halo 1 but has a good shot, and he is confusing having a better pistol\snipe with being the better team. He said hh pris and dere are the most fair maps which is not the case but they are the most open maps and you are forced to fight off spawn alot on them with not a lot of places to take cover. So if you have the better shot and are pretty new to the game they could seem more fair I guess. Anyway thats just my theory it makes sense to me, I could be totally wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

this. 

also lol at HH being the most consistent LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Chillout>

I would put damnation 2nd

also i agree that CO, priz, and dammy should be in the 3's rotation.

Also fuck rat race and wizard

first round should be Bo5's and the finals a Bo7...who doesn't want to play more halo 1?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Beyond Settings account will be online the day of the tournament to download the settings. I'm not leaving my Xbox on Halo, dormant for a few weeks.

Xbox needs to be "on" in order to access Fileshare ?  wot?