TheSimms

Halo 5 Micro-transactions

These are all great ideas but should be the final icing on the cake. Sugar will not make excrement taste any better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Those are all good ideas but what is they ruin the immersion?  :kappa:

But seriously though anything that allows 343 to make money post-launch but makes any DLC maps free so the community isn't segregated is good in my book, aesthetic micro-transactions are a great way of doing this.

That grenade thing sounds amazing. It could work with some guns possibly too. If you have like a Denial pack that makes your plasma rifle orange and shoot orange plasma instead of blue.

• Upvote (+1) 2

100% any sort of customizable weapon skins that would support the growth of HCS and other org's I'm totally for it. I've been wanting more weapon skins for a long time. Take note 343i

I have no problem with these microtransactions. Would support this. Still, most of these things--like voices and armor pieces--need to remain unlockable as well through normal gameplay. 

Can we get some sort of Uncle Sudd/Boss Nasti Esports pack. Each opponent you kill sees the reality check logo over their dead body briefly instead of an X. 100% would buy.

I think I would only ever buy into a micro-transaction system if and only if a large portion of the proceeds went to funding prize pools or one large prize pool at the end of a season.

Proceeds from DLC maps specifically for competitive/tournament play I would 100% get behind.  The issue with that is if maps come out at different times throughout the season or league play (if it were structured that way). it would take too long to be tested and adopted.  The one way they can mitigate that is by bringing back favourite maps but I am honestly sick of remakes and reimaginings of old maps.  (Tired of midship, lockout, sanc, the pit etc)

• Upvote (+1) 1

One thing they need to do. Do not charge for maps.

This. Charging for map packs if you want eSports to do well in your game is counter productive.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Part of the issue here is that 343 would have to do the hard labor of creating all of the skins and other things then pushing them through cert then onto the marketplace for XBL where you see in games like CS:GO Valve has pitched in from time to time but its their platform and the community provides most of the skins and things and Valve just picks through them. If they could have weapon skins and stickers to place on the weapons that would be one thing but having the plasmas etc blowing up for different colors would likely be confusing for some people. It isn't really guaranteed to fit in the situation Halo finds itself in as cool as we all think it sounds

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes of course. This is a fantastic idea and a working business model as proved by the current top games in the industry (LoL, CS, various MMOs), but since this is a popular, smart and non game-breaking idea, we'll get the exact opposite and have performance-improving items and better starting weapons as MTX.

Hail Mother Russia for making it acceptable!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

All micro-transactions go directly to HCS prize pool? I wouldn't buy a microtransaction that directly supports a teams funds.

Like, glad the pro's are getting around to putting out some content but I don't see the point in supporting a player, who is on an organization that already supports them/sponsors them and gets them to events. The money they receive from this in no way shape or form will go back into the community, so I think it should all go to increasing the prize pool and none of it should go to directly supporting a pro's wallet.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I just want a voice pack where its Bravo and Walshy casting over my gameplay, where if I hit a snipe, Bravo says something like "an amazing snipe" or "pushes into ring 2" kind of like a Madden game or something.

I'd buy it. Especially if it supported a tourney.

Can we get some sort of Uncle Sudd/Boss Nasti Esports pack. Each opponent you kill sees the reality check logo over their dead body briefly instead of an X. 100% would buy.

Every time you get sniped, a Boss Nasti face appears over your opponent's crosshair saying "but can you PROVE you hit that snipe".

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think this was @@Proto's idea if I'm not mistaken, and like then, I definitely agree.

One thing they need to do. Do not charge for maps.

And this.

Maps for DLC (mandatory high quality esports maps keeping the HC list/events fresh)

I remember Gandhi talking about this, if what you're saying is the same as his...

what he said was, have a few very popular forged maps (competitive forged maps), and remake them into a proper map with its own skin and everything.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Premium Retro Sprint Pack($4.99)

- Blast from the past: A homage to the classic zero sprint movement ability, usable across all playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember Gandhi talking about this, if what you're saying is the same as his...

what he said was, have a few very popular forged maps (competitive forged maps), and remake them into a proper map with its own skin and everything.

More like the developers create good, competitive eSports maps, make them free so every body can get them so people who can't afford them aren't left out.

• Upvote (+1) 2