Edain

Halo Spawns-A Guide to CE Spawn System

So I played against this kid advertising his website in his GT. Not sure if it's well known at all or posted here before, but it let's you walk around in the maps and study the spawns and such. It's really cool so go check it out if you're wanting to get better at CE. http://halospawns.com/

It's awesome no doubt, but it doesn't work for me.

Can load maps, "respawn" but can' move the camera at all

Use a different browser. it doesn't work on Firefox for me for example. Think it worked fine on Chrome.

Is there a way to look at it in terms of the negative influence an enemy has on spawns and the consequent spawn probabilities for the enemy?

I say this because on pris 1v1, I've been able to get some movement patterns that correlate pretty well with where they spawn. It'd be cool to do this with this app to optimize the best positioning when the opponent is spawning for example

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there a way to look at it in terms of the negative influence an enemy has on spawns and the consequent spawn probabilities for the enemy?

Would it be possible to add the feature that @@TrueHaloMaster suggests, @@Mintograde?

Yes, it's a feature I've been thinking of for a while, but just haven't done the ingame testing yet to get the spawn probabilities.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes, it's a feature I've been thinking of for a while, but just haven't done the ingame testing yet to get the spawn probabilities.

Just to be clear, this site isn't the result of hacking the game, but actual in-game trial and error, right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just to be clear, this site isn't the result of hacking the game, but actual in-game trial and error, right?

That's right, the percents on the site are approximations based on in-game tests (thousands of deaths and respawns standing in certain spots on the map).

• Upvote (+1) 6

If he doesn't feel like explaining things again I can answer a few things and copy/paste what he wrote to me.

@@Cursed Lemon this is a result of some extreme in game trial and error. I can't even begin to explain how long it must have took him.

@@Mintograde can I share some pics?

• Upvote (+1) 1

If he doesn't feel like explaining things again I can answer a few things and copy/paste what he wrote to me.

@@Mintograde can I share some pics?

Sure thing, go right ahead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's right, the percents on the site are approximations based on in-game tests (thousands of deaths and respawns standing in certain spots on the map).

That is horrible to imagine. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

DuGvfxL.jpg

AMnZSku.jpg

This is over hundreds of deaths, shown here:

tick mark    random count        pistol count
2.5                   49                              0
2.75                 137                         113
3                      82                            168
3.5                   58                            192
4                      37                            213
5                      30                            220

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=.075+*+log%28+54655.7+*+%28+5.8+-+d+%29+%29+between+0+and+5.8

not gonna explain any of it unless asked something specific and I can answer it myself, but when he first sent me all of this I stared for hours and was clueless.

I say this because on pris 1v1, I've been able to get some movement patterns that correlate pretty well with where they spawn.

Huh?

Huh?

For example, things like doing the red2 zyos jump at the right moment gets him to spawn in front of you on bridge pretty often. 

These things are more of a hunch/intuition, rather than some experimental stuff, but doing them over and over again and you start figuring out the optimal positions to be in either because you get a high probability of them spawning somewhere in your line of sight or for some odd reason because particular spawns tend to happen pretty often when moving into certain positions on the map.

I just assumed it had something to do with enemy influence, but it's only something I could do on pris, so it must be due to the close proximity of all the spawns which allows for these patterns to emerge.

What wouldn't I be serious about?

Nothing Mudkip, pay no mind.  A lot of the CE guys have known about Mintograde's site for a while, and might struggle to see outside our bubble from other people's perspective.  Thank you for posting this, as I'm sure FAR less Halo players on this site know about it than we assume.  We should be doing our part to share this site around the internet, especially in misinformed places like Reddit and Waypoint where it's common to see people complaining about CE spawns.

• Upvote (+1) 3