CyReN

$500,000 Halo 4 Tourney by 343 Industries

Why I had to guess that this is the missing half a million money used from Virgin Gaming I wonder.. lol.

I am so happy maybe sundances tweet about oh is ohio and mlg cbus will be a place where you can compete as a qualifier to go to the main lan tourny probably not but hopefully

Btw, the infinity challenge said there was up to $250,000 or 200k, can't remember, but over 100k of it was on small things like toys and dvds for thousands of people. So 500,000 is not going to one person.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So on the same day we find out Microsoft is doing a complete turnaround on their unpopular new restrictions on the Xbox One, I find out 343i is putting big money behind a competitive Halo event?

Someone please tell me I'm not dreaming.

I've been wrong on this the last two times but I really have this feeling 343i is going HUGE with the next Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So on the same day we find out Microsoft is doing a complete turnaround on their unpopular new restrictions on the Xbox One, I find out 343i is putting big money behind a competitive Halo event?

Someone please tell me I'm not dreaming.

I've been wrong on this the last two times but I really have this feeling 343i is going HUGE with the next Halo.

Yep. I think they are learning from CoD and the eSports community on how to support their game. All of this news makes me so excited for Halo's future!

Who else is looking forward to DMR starts on Haven, with radar, camo, hardlight, and boltshots?

Alright, here's what I think (and hope) is going to happen. You play in these LAN and online qualifiers and the top X from each one will be invited (hotel + airfare paid for) to the main event to win the cash. You can still buy your way into the tourney, but you'll have to go through AM bracket, while the top X players will get byes the first X rounds. That's what I hope happens

• Upvote (+1) 2

How would that occur in a peer to peer game with no regional filters?

They could have a separate competition (dates perhaps, we've yet to find out how it'll work) where only EU could win. There was nothing stopping me playing in the Infinity Challenge bar the fact I wouldn't actually win anything.

This is a huge announcement. The FFA tournament at AGL 7 was really fun to watch. Wonder if the FFA tourney at AGL 8 will be a qualifier.

Now if Quinn and Bravo announce a Spectator Mode for the tournament, I think I will loose my mind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

$500K worth of Halo Mega Blocks!!!

*just kidding*

Pumped for this.  Love seeing that 343i and Microsoft are supporting the competitive scene.  Even if it's an FFA, it will provide growth of Halo.  More and more people will see the greatness that is HALO!!!!!