CyReN

$500,000 Halo 4 Tourney by 343 Industries

We are proud to announce that we’ll be hosting our biggest Halo 4 tournament yet this summer. The tournament will be a Free-For-All competition with chances to qualify at in-person events as well as online. We’ll kick off the tournament at the Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX) in Austin, TX from July 5-7. More details and pre-registration for the RTX qualifier, as well as registration for the online portion of the tournament, will be opened and detailed on July 1. Last (but certainly not least), the tournament will boast over $500,000 in prizes, so we suggest you start practicing…now. As mentioned above, all of the questions you have will be answered on July 1, so check back to Halo Waypoint for the full breakdown of the tournament.

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/06/18/The-Halo-Bulletin-61913.aspx

• Upvote (+1) 5

A 500,000 dollar free for all tourney? daaaaaamn!

I would rather this of been a 4v4 tourney, but honestly this is still very cool. Awesome stuff 343i  :wub:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I completely quit competitive Halo, and video games in general.

Although this is something that I would come back for, that I won't be the case.

Hopefully it's a repeat of AGL8, but this time Legit wins a TON of money.

I hope this brings back even more old pros from the good old days.

Halo is not dad! This is what everyone has been begging for!

-Alias

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Dev support  :wub:

please don't be infinity slayer dear god

Probably a mix of Infinity Rumble and Rumble Pro.

If Bravo has a say in it he'll give us just Rumble Pro, which is bearable with the TU settings.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thank you, 343 industries. Just for giving me this excitement, I will be buying your next game at a midnight release.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i think people are misreading. from the little info it says over 500k in prizes. i dont expect one big tourney with 500k payout. i am thinking something like CoD championships. multiple ways to qualify via online and at events to be invited to a big tourney with a good payout.

i am hoping the FFA seeds into a 4v4 or something.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Better be a team oriented tourney this time... But I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

"The tournament will be a Free-For-All competition..."

Lol.

Interested in knowing what said "prizes" are. Maybe this time it'll be five trucks.

"The tournament will be a Free-For-All competition..."

Lol.

Interested in knowing what said "prizes" are. Maybe this time it'll be five trucks.

lol with the truck tourney earlier this year you had the option to take the cash prize.

July 4th? :P Could've given some more notice. This is pretty great there is dev support for competitive scene. might be sorta late for halo 4 but everything looks good for halo 5. Wouldn't have minded if they made it a 400k prize and put 100k towards a descope patch xD but thats just me.

July 4th? :P Could've given some more notice. This is pretty great there is dev support for competitive scene. might be sorta late for halo 4 but everything looks good for halo 5. Wouldn't have minded if they made it a 400k prize and put 100k towards a descope patch xD but thats just me.

I think the first qualifier is july 4th

EDIT: nvm it's july 5-6 wow...

FFA is smart, less cheating/dropping teammates/better story lines/Easier to enter. I can go on for days.

• Upvote (+1) 9

i think people are misreading. from the little info it says over 500k in prizes. i dont expect one big tourney with 500k payout. i am thinking something like CoD championships. multiple ways to qualify via online and at events to be invited to a big tourney with a good payout.

i am hoping the FFA seeds into a 4v4 or something.

This

cool...

so it's a bunch of tourneys that all add up to 500k total in prize $$$....dope

• Downvote (-1) 2

Oh boy. What's the shit going to be? 8 man FFA on Simplex? Kill me now. 8 man FFA at all...I won't even think about trying.

This is exciting! I'm happy that 343 is running a tournament. Looking forward to hear specifics on the online portion because the first week of July is such short notice for LAN qualifiers.

Am I the only one upset with a few select members of the community right now? Actually I think embarassed might be the right word.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Am I the only one upset with a few select members of the community right now? Actually I think embarassed might be the right word.

I'm with you there. Can't believe some of the things I've read on the Twitter machine.

• Upvote (+1) 2