TheHaloArray

Halo Online Discussion

Just seen the article posted about the cease and desists. God M$ do you never get tired of being the gayest face in gaming? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hope there is s way we can still play a good version of PC Halo with this thing I really couldn't see me playing H3 (which isn't the best game itself) with sprint loadouts and the more garbage that they added.

Hope there is s way we can still play a good version of PC Halo with this thing I really couldn't see me playing H3 (which isn't the best game itself) with sprint loadouts and the more garbage that they added.

Don't worry, modders are quickly analyzing the game. I'm sure they can turn off bloom and sprint ;)

Halo Online, I really want it to be the foundation of 'Next Gen Custom Edition'.

Wouldn't it be nice if m$ saw a better halo from modders and turned to them for the future of halo?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wouldn't it be nice if m$ saw a better halo from modders and turned to them for the future of halo?

Actually yes. Since Microsoft wants to vigilantly preserve their revenue it'd span the whole financial pillars Halo had provided them.

It will literally immortalize Halo for the next thirty years if they did this... It was there goal to do so right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Funny they did fuck all when Modders were (and still are) ruining online matchmaking in halo 2 and halo 3, but now it's a big issue. 

Its actually very fortunate that the Halo Online leak borrows so much code from Halo 3, all things considered. The most prominent JTAG modders of H3 know the game very well, and have modded so much into it. I have much higher hopes for El Dorito as a P2P game than the likes of any sort of official release of HO worldwide. Considering how many trainers and mods the game already has, no sprint/ no bloom won't be very difficult to accomplish. For now, I'm staying cautiously optimistic.

Right now, the devs are making decent progress with the netcode and LAN lobbies. And of course, where there is a LAN, there is a tunnel. In terms of maps, so far there isn't a clear way to edit maps (outside of Forging on Guardian and Riverworld, but no save functionality though.), but right now that's not a priority for them. Some have mentioned that it might be possible to rip maps out of the Beta/Release, so there's also that.

They answer questions in their IRC chat if anybody is curious.

• Upvote (+1) 1