TheHaloArray

Halo Online Discussion

I still would rather have a solid map editor than Forge though, what's the point of limiting it to Forge while on PC?

Since it's on PC, I doubt that map making will be an issue since people have made maps using outside tools for games since forever. Mod tools for games (like the older Battlefields and many strategy games) just help provide those tools. The best thing about Forge is that it can help add casual editing. Sure, having a proper map editor would be helpful, but it's not an obstacle that people haven't overcome before.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Since it's on PC, I doubt that map making will be an issue since people have made maps using outside tools for games since forever. Mod tools for games (like the older Battlefields and many strategy games) just help provide those tools. The best thing about Forge is that it can help add casual editing. Sure, having a proper map editor would be helpful, but it's not an obstacle that people haven't overcome before.

This is all dependent on the maps getting cracked, or if multiplayer even works well enough to even bother.

This is all dependent on the maps getting cracked, or if multiplayer even works well enough to even bother.

i'm being optimistic about something that looks like every one of the horrors that people like us would like to keep out of Halo.

Let me have this one, pathetic hope. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

i'm being optimistic about something that looks like every one of the horrors that people like us would like to keep out of Halo.

Let me have this one, pathetic hope. 

Ultimately Microsoft's goal is to make money

Once this whole project gets their attention I can't see an official port of Halo 3 being that far off

Just got my hands on Halo Online through my brother who is part of the modding community at xboxchaos.

Gotta say this game has HUGE potential!

I was given a spreadsheet of all the hex as well and modding is extremely easy to do.

I seriously can't wait until the west get their hands on this.

78387-Dis-gon-b-gud-gif--This-is-gon-sWM

Wow this is great news, as i read through the pages and saw hilarious screenshots (saw a warthog with a scorpion tank top LOL) i am getting pretty hyped at the potential of modding.

its sad that there's a lot of butthurt fans ITT though. yeah there's a lot of pros and cons to this title....just mod out the cons lol. and anyway, PC gaming is completely different from console shooters. with the amount of air/land vehicles in halo, i can really see halo on pc potentially becoming more like battlefield

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1EbHb36z5a0

40 seconds the BR has bloom? What the...

It's cosmetic. The BR acts the same way as H3. In fact nearly everything operates the same as H3, it's all reskinned and remodeled. I tested the spread. (And holy fuck that halo follower cunt's voice is annoying)

I made a little commentary on my experience with the game. Let me know what people think. (Although I did this while horribly ill so mind my nasal voice)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwbpbMLE4ME

• Upvote (+1) 4

634.gif

And this guy saying the Halo 4 Sniper is one of the best looking weapons..... dafuq?

Yeah, I was pretty shocked when he said that. All about dat CE sniper!

It's cosmetic. The BR acts the same way as H3. In fact nearly everything operates the same as H3, it's all reskinned and remodeled. I tested the spread. (And holy fuck that halo follower cunt's voice is annoying)

I made a little commentary on my experience with the game. Let me know what people think. (Although I did this while horribly ill so mind my nasal voice)

Oh, that's good then. Is there no way at all to play this game against people?

Oh, that's good then. Is there no way at all to play this game against people?

My bro and a few modders are figuring out how. The game should have a netcode and if not then a LAN option may be possible buts it'll be nitty gritty with consoles and IPs etc.

Idk how PC shit works lol.

My bro and a few modders are figuring out how. The game should have a netcode and if not then a LAN option may be possible buts it'll be nitty gritty with consoles and IPs etc.

Idk how PC shit works lol.

Haha, neither do I, but I will buy a PC just to play this. Especially if they mod it so it's like classic Halo,

In particular, their idea of a balanced spawning weapon is "it's useless"

However, for $1.99, your spawning weapon can become The Hot Shitfor just a little over 24 hours. Who's useless now!

And @@Three Six Xero, touche on Forge. I thought of it as just a console map editor, not so much a simple / accessible one. Looking back, I realize how simple it was to just jump in, place stuff on a map and be able to call it a new one. Would be nice if it returned, but an official map editor tool is what I dream of.

If HO has customs, I have trouble picturing most people would rather be on other existing Halo games more than it. We could edit/mod it into the most competitive Halo title, have a sick map pool, and it would FINALLY be available to PC master race. Even casual players go nuts over stuff like Sandtrap Infection, Fat Kid, Jenga (I know I do), etc.

I just CAN'T picture things we'd be unable to do. Sure it might turn into a Project M kind of scenario but I'd much rather deal with that than MCC after how it went down. Thanks to picking Halo 3 as the base, 343/Saber couldn't have made this easier for modders.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Have they actually said when the game will be finished? Surely it won't be this year with H5 coming out? 2 Halo games in 1 year!

Just got my hands on Halo Online through my brother who is part of the modding community at xboxchaos.

Gotta say this game has HUGE potential!

I was given a spreadsheet of all the hex as well and modding is extremely easy to do.

I seriously can't wait until the west get their hands on this.

We already have our hands on this. The beta leaked like 3 days ago. There's no way the final game will be this open.

"Modding" is just editing hex values right now, nothing can be done about player traits or maps just yet. Someone extracted that Forerunner map's mesh last night, but I haven't seen anything done with it after.

We already have our hands on this. The beta leaked like 3 days ago. There's no way the final game will be this open.

"Modding" is just editing hex values right now, nothing can be done about player traits or maps just yet. Someone extracted that Forerunner map's mesh last night, but I haven't seen anything done with it after.

It's PC mate, we're all gonna make it brahs!

It's PC mate, we're all gonna make it brahs!

I've been following it since the installer was first discovered. While there has been a ton of progress, I think a lot of the people in the community are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Custom Edition is the Peanut Butter and Halo Online could become the Chocolate (or syrup, if you feel like breakfast). 

Let's make Halo Online the bread that we can put anything on instead. I'd hope for this game's potential to be tenfold what Custom Edition can do. 

I mean if 343 managed to patch in their Halo 4 stuff alongside 20-ish new perks and custom weapons onto the Halo 3 engine, I'm sure there's room for way better things than that. Stripped down and no gimmicks, Halo Online feels nice. If the starting weapon wasn't random and descope was put back, even with sprint I'd have a lot of fun playing it because you can use it to jump like an actual arena shooter would allow you to. Unlike Halo 5, it's limited by a visible meter on the screen that I'm guessing lasts around 7 seconds (I'd have to go back and look). I also know there's a perk that increases how reactive you are out of sprint, and I'd consider testing it out whenever the game allows for it. 

The new maps have proper weapon placement and design to create an interesting flow to them, and you're able to be a lot more precise on PC, so the upped movement speed definitely feels appropriate. However, strafing is still too Halo 3-esque AKA slow as shit, so the acceleration could be tuned a bit.

What worries me the most is that once we step in Matchmaking, full gimmick mode kicks in. Unpredictable weapons & perks, with power drains going off everywhere, 3 bubble shields active at the same time, invisible perks that enhance your performance, etc. which would result in a chaotic experience and unpredictable engagements. That's not something which makes sense at all for an arena shooter, and it's the kind of stuff that reminds you Halo 4 affects Halo Online more than just aesthetically. Matchmaking would have to deliver a more standardized Halo/arena experience in order to draw people in. Perks and micro-transactions should be kept to cosmetic stuff and skins to be taken seriously as a shooter.

Anyhow, time will tell. I have full confidence in the modding community to pull through even if the actual game and its Matchmaking don't deliver. If this happens, I just hope Innova, Saber and 343 won't be dumb about people wanting to customize and mod the game. Even custom games would be a huge step.

NSW?