TheHaloArray

Halo Online Discussion

In a recent press conference for a Russian developer "Innova" it is launching, in partnership with 343i, Saber Interactive, and Microsoft, Halo Online. HO will be a free to play multiplayer shooter for the PC, exclusively in Russia for the time being.

eFSFDC7.png

Above is what appears to be an early build of the interface. Which is reportedly being run off the H3 engine. Where as the source says it's a multiplayer experience, it also states that the events of the story take place in the time period between H3 and H4. Visually running off the H3 engine, the interface seems very H4-esque.

According to a NeoGAF thread the specifics are as follows:

4-16 players

Graphics on par with Halo 4 based on Halo 3 engine
Power-ups and weapons pick-ups on the battlefield
Rich visual and gameplay customization of weapons and armor
There will be vehicles.
f2p is about weapons, armor and power-ups
Right now developers said nothing about story mode and there is likely the game will be MP-PVP only

Nothing is too specific in the article, and as far as I can tell there hasn't been any confirmation from Microsoft or 343i. 

Sources - NeoGAFKanobu

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

• The game will include special packages and abilities: fighting, safety and support.
  • The system is similar to the perks Call of Duty.
  • Characters have levels, but what is the maximum – not reported
  • Maps are designed specifically for Halo Online, while designed for 16 people.
  • During the entrance to the card players get a job: to kill the head, jump 10 times, and so.
  • On the map you can find different weapons: Bazooka example, which replaces the pistol slot.
  • During the spawn, you can change the class and weapons
  • After the murder of cards with the player who killed you
  • There are attacks from the back
  • Saber Interactive engaged in the development
  • The game is focused on Russia and the CIS, is not excluded release in Europe
  • For classes have 5 slots. Two is available immediately, and the rest are opened as pumping
  • On the maps, there are two so-called powerfull-arms on the map: grenade, for example

Weapons are purchased at a time, all armor

• The game has a lobby system, where you can gather with friends and fight with them
  • The game runs on a reworked engine of Halo 3
  • When the gun lying on the floor, it has an aura: green – accuracy, red – Done. This is done to ensure that the player is not standing and reading characteristics of the weapons – which is better or worse
  • The game is currently melenkie card without technology, but in the future will be added to the large appliances.
  • Each piece of armor has its own parameters: speed of movement on the shoes or gloves at the rate of recharge
  • The plot and PVE mission has not been considered
  • The game currently supports only one language – Russian. Will map where the battle will go on the territory of Russia

This is from attackofthefanboy. Looks like 343 wants to let out all of their immersion fantasies in one game.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/halo-online-announced-for-pc-free-to-play-mmo-title-launching-exclusively-in-russia/

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope a similar game like this comes to North America. More of a CSGO model than anything.

Free to play game exclusive to Russia, that many in North America would pay to play. 

Makes sense to me. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

This is from attackofthefanboy. Looks like 343 wants to let out all of their immersion fantasies in one game.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/halo-online-announced-for-pc-free-to-play-mmo-title-launching-exclusively-in-russia/

So, I always wanted a side game where they could do all of this. I'll play as soon as I can get my hands on it, but really only because of my love for delving into the intricacies of Halo #lore. I've always wanted to be able to customize my spartan with armor that had a real effect on the game. Sorry, saw the post and had to nerd out.

Team Beyond the Iron Curtain Section. Coming soon.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Welcome to the Motherland. 

I wish I could give more rep...

and from the other thread

Well after reading the details they can keep that shit. That's literally the embodiment of everything I never wanted in Halo

• Upvote (+1) 3

I found a leaked screenshot showing someone using the Assault Rifle.

343 are really putting their mark on this.

D7naeYa.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7

Halo MMO- Check  :weback:

Can we get a Halo MOBA from M$ next for max immersion?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dat moment when only Russia gets a better Halo game for free than the $400+ we spent for MCC 5 months later.

A F2P title filled with microtransactions that affect gameplay?

Nah.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo MMO- Check

Can we get a Halo MOBA next for max immersion?

Would be the only way for me to truly get into MOBAs

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where does it say it affects gameplay?

"boosts"

"boosts"

If it doesn't that could be cool. I mean... interaction between community and developers for skin contests, armor designs... stuff like that. As long as it doesn't affect gameplay. I'm all against microtransactions that changes the gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1