TheHaloArray

Halo Online Discussion

It was my understanding that Halo: Online is actually designed to run on lower-end PCs.

It's a piece of shit version of Halo that's debuting in an experimental environment. It counts.

• Downvote (-1) 2

It's a piece of shit version of Halo that's debuting in an experimental environment. It counts.

So you've played it?

Or is this just the normal cursedlemon pessimistic routine post?

For all we know there could be options for servers without load outs (power weapons on maps), abilities/equipment, and sprint. Could play pretty damn well. Personally I like the aesthetic, a lot (mostly).

Maybe it turns out well, maybe the p2w is over exaggerated from screenshots and it'll be like halo pc demo all over again.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So you've played it?

Or is this just the normal cursedlemon pessimistic routine post?

For all we know there could be options for servers without load outs, abilities/equipment, and sprint. Could play pretty damn well. Personally I like the aesthetic, a lot (mostly).

It's okay, I almost missed this post too.

(Actually it was the first thing I looked at but okay)

Unless you were one of those people who was gleefully awaiting Spartan Assault to drop.

• Downvote (-1) 2

It's okay, I almost missed this post too.

(Actually it was the first thing I looked at but okay)

Unless you were one of those people who was gleefully awaiting Spartan Assault to drop.

Come on now... Don't be absurd (no one waited for Spartan assault).

That list was put out at the same time or very soon after the announcement happened. It's poorly translated and barely makes sense. Regardless, the list is irrelevant if custom options and servers could be set without all that. Sort of like private servers on WoW. Modded or not, legal or not, I bet you pc players will get a classic halo experience one way or another.

Also I want to point out: If this did leave Russia and came to the U.S., the f2p model would be most definitely be changed to fit our market standards and expectations.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:weback:  :ghost:

I don't want this game to succeed so that we can get it over here;

I want it to succeed so MS realise that Halo also has a place on PC. Would really help it out from an eSport's perspective 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Come on now... Don't be absurd (no one waited for Spartan assault).

That list was put out at the same time or very soon after the announcement happened. It's poorly translated and barely makes sense. Regardless, the list is irrelevant if custom options and servers could be set without all that. Sort of like private servers on WoW. Modded or not, legal or not. Bet you pc players will get a classic halo experience one way or another.

Also I want to point out. If this did leave Russia and came to us, the f2p model would be most definitely be changed to fit our market standards and expectations.

We spend five years arguing for equal starts and 4v4 focus in a game with strong arena roots and you're championing the bullshit that we're hearing about this game?

Your optimism could solo Library on Legendary.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We spend five years arguing for equal starts and 4v4 focus in a game with strong arena roots and you're championing the bullshit that we're hearing about this game?

I'll take a game with a bunch of bullshit if it gives the possibility of a classic halo experience on pc in custom/private servers ANY day.

And bro, I don't need optimism to solo library on legendary, I already have.

#helioskrill #howthefuckdoIpostthosefaceswhenonmobile

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is just a spin off, it's not like this is a mainline Halo. It's an experiment designed for a very specific market. Did Halo Wars get the same reaction because it didn't have crouch jumping and a 4-shot BR?

Not trying to say it looks good, only that its not aimed at the Western market at all. Halo 5 is the 4v4 equal starts game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jem gets banned from Gaf, joins team beyond, and starts making good, logical posts +1

Team beyond is a place for miracles

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll take a game with a bunch of bullshit if it gives the possibility of a classic halo experience on pc in custom/private servers ANY day.

And bro, I don't need optimism to solo library on legendary, I already have.

#helioskrill #howthefuckdoIpostthosefaceswhenonmobile

When I am evaluating a release, I do not judge it on the premise of "holy shit if we have modders hack this game and just change LITERALLY EVERYTHING ABOUT IT, it will be awesome!"

• Upvote (+1) 3

When I am evaluating a release, I do not judge it on the premise of "holy shit if we have modders hack this game and just change LITERALLY EVERYTHING ABOUT IT, it will be awesome!"

Completely understandable and fair point. 

But I don't think this game's intention was to be a 4v4 arena shooter. More of a BtB, social, fun experience. 

Edit: The Halo Online sniper has the AMAZING H2A sniper sound.... SO much better than the H5 one. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy1jbrrMfZc

Halo Online - Full Reveal of Maps, Weapons, and Vehicles

Seeing this guy actually move around, it's pretty cool how fast you actually move with the base speed. I will say though, you jump HELLA far sprint jumping. Jesus crust.

The last map (he gives a full walkthrough of each map) looks pretty cool in my opinion. Reminds me of a Quake Style arena map (albeit not as vertical).

• Upvote (+1) 2

The general presentation of everything looks very good. Those microtransactions though, and the CoD style weapon customization isn't very encouraging either.

It's like they've thrown in every asset they could get their hands on.

]Halo Online - Full Reveal of Maps, Weapons, and Vehicles

Seeing this guy actually move around, it's pretty cool how fast you actually move with the base speed. I will say though, you jump HELLA far sprint jumping. Jesus crust.

The last map (he gives a full walkthrough of each map) looks pretty cool in my opinion. Reminds me of a Quake Style arena map (albeit not as vertical).

The base movement actually looks really nice, wish we could get something like that on the console

Hoping H5 has that fast of a base movement speed. 

It's not even the speed that I like the most about it, the movement looks way more responsive than any other Halo game.  You can change directions pretty damn quick.

• Upvote (+1) 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy1jbrrMfZc

Halo Online - Full Reveal of Maps, Weapons, and Vehicles

That Turf remake...

It's not even the speed that I like the most about it, the movement looks way more responsive than any other Halo game.  You can change directions pretty damn quick.

That's EXACTLY what I was saying watching the video I posted. In my head I'm thinking "Omg, this movement is so crispy!" I hella want to try this just to see how it feels regardless if there is sprint in this game. The base movement speed is so ass Post Halo 2. I would actually like to try this.

That Turf remake...

Preaching to the choir.. I would MUCH rather have that map then Relic right now. No joke.

This game is such a fuckfest. Looking at all the conflicting art styles makes me cringe.

What an atrocity.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1