TheHaloArray

Halo Online Discussion

i was interested until i saw the perks and armor abilities

no thanks. the art style is amazing though. 

so this game is like Halo 4, but reborn as an RPG thing kinda thingy

Halo 4's "specializations" and "Unlockable Weapons" felt like something out of a contrived RPG...

I agree with @@wldstyl, Halo Custom Edition really flourished the modding communities. I can see Halo Online turning into something more viable.

i was interested until i saw the perks and armor abilities

no thanks. the art style is amazing though.

But if there are custom games and if the game can be modded it has potential. Not getting my hopes up, just saying that Halo on PC would be incredibly different from Halo on consoles because we can mod the game to make it competitively fine tuned. This game is based on the Halo 3 engine, so imagine the Halo 3 BR without that awful spread. Modding can make that happen.

But if there are custom games and if the game can be modded it has potential. Not getting my hopes up, just saying that Halo on PC would be incredibly different from Halo on consoles because we can mod the game to make it competitively fine tuned. This game is based on the Halo 3 engine, so imagine the Halo 3 BR without that awful spread. Modding can make that happen.

if there are custom games i'll buy a gaming PC when this comes to the states. 

so this game is like Halo 4, but reborn as an RPG thing kinda thingy

It's like every negative from Halo 4 only built upon and they're making you pay for it.

About all the modding talk, are we sure modding will even be possible? It's sounds like an online only game and considering its reliant on micro transactions, modding seems unlikely to me.

It's like every negative from Halo 4 only built upon and they're making you pay for it.

About all the modding talk, are we sure modding will even be possible? It's sounds like an online only game and considering its reliant on micro transactions, modding seems unlikely to me.

Every PC game is moddable by nature, the question is if those mods will be allowed on official servers or on a private client. Think private servers for WoW so people can play Vanilla WoW again, even though live servers are on the current expansion.

you know what F2P means right?

Every PC game is moddable by nature, the question is if those mods will be allowed on official servers or on a private client. Think private servers for WoW so people can play Vanilla WoW again, even though live servers are on the current expansion.

Potentially, although the devs could definitely make it difficult for modders. Do games like LoL or DOTA have mods?

you know what F2P means right?

Yes... Why do you ask?

Yes... Why do you ask?

you say that we would have to pay for it yet it is F2P, the game is currently looking very pay to win as of now though

you say that we would have to pay for it yet it is F2P, the game is currently looking very pay to win as of now though

I think that's what he meant :P

I'm just relieved that my new thread that had nothing to do with this specific title was converted into a post in this thread.  I guess I'm just getting used to reddit... Real talk, though, a F2P Halo should be discussed on a grander scale, not on an obscure Russian exclusive scale.

I'm just relieved that my new thread that had nothing to do with this specific title was converted into a post in this thread. I guess I'm just getting used to reddit... Real talk, though, a F2P Halo should be discussed on a grander scale, not on an obscure Russian exclusive scale.

It's all a test. It's to expand the fanbase to places where Halo and Xbox in general aren't so popular and to see how f2p halo will work because f2p is huge in Russia right now.

Oh, no I meant you have to pay for the negatives, you don't just unlock them. As in paying for perks etc.

oivEYLs.jpg

Yeah, have fun with that Russia.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

"rent" for 30 minutes...

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's all a test. It's to expand the fanbase to places where Halo and Xbox in general aren't so popular and to see how f2p halo will work because f2p is huge in Russia right now.

Yeah, I understand.  I said we should just discuss it on a grander scale. Like brainstorm, idk.

It would be cool as shit if instead of tacky skins in the current Halo games, you could put a bunch of different scopes, lights, silencers, and cupholders on your guns. If they didn't affect gameplay, of course.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It would be cool as shit if instead of tacky skins in the current Halo games, you could put a bunch of different scopes, lights, silencers, and cupholders on your guns. If they didn't affect gameplay, of course.

Or did what Linda did her helmet in Halo: Escalation... Lol Scopes Scopes everywhere.

I've always wondered why we couldn't change the scopes and things on rifles. Or just having tons and tons of skins CS:GO style. I've actually been thinking that for like... almost 10 years now. Obviously you couldn't add different zoom levels or add/remove scopes where they aren't already present but adding more personal customization that isn't gameplay altering is something Halo has needed for a long time. Its such a great venue for keeping the game fresh and altering perceptions without actually changing the gameplay. Its one of the things we need so badly

This would be amazing if this was more towards the core Halo. Keep micro-transaction, BUT!!! make them only cosmetic. You can have skins for not just guns, but armor, vehicles even emblems and shit. Sell ONI Black Boxes that contain random items. There's SOOOOO much potential for this to work in the western scene without it being F2P/P2W. Sell it for $20 standard price plus all the OPTIONAL cosmetic shit. Hell, throw firefight in there with a forge option and bump the price up to $30. I'd buy it in a heart beat.

I've always wondered why we couldn't change the scopes and things on rifles. Or just having tons and tons of skins CS:GO style. I've actually been thinking that for like... almost 10 years now. Obviously you couldn't add different zoom levels or add/remove scopes where they aren't already present but adding more personal customization that isn't gameplay altering is something Halo has needed for a long time. Its such a great venue for keeping the game fresh and altering perceptions without actually changing the gameplay. Its one of the things we need so badly

The problem with something like this is how it would be handled in a traditional Halo-style game. Obviously nobody wants loadouts, and you only spawn with 2 or 3 different guns max in any Halo game.

There was so little I liked about Halo 4, but one of the things I liked were the weapon skins. Imagine if we could customize the weapon color, and stock/scope and have the functionality be the same? I know not everyone is in love with changing the weapon skins, but if they keep it strictly cosmetic it would be a huge plus for a lot of people.

I'm also super mad they get a shiny new Turf and we don't :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem with something like this is how it would be handled in a traditional Halo-style game. Obviously nobody wants loadouts, and you only spawn with 2 or 3 different guns max in any Halo game.

You could easily do it like in Battlefield. If you have a vehicle set to a specific skin when you get in it will change to that skin. It could easily work without loadouts.