TheHaloArray

Halo Online Discussion

I see no real reason to think this is taking significant time away from anything but 343/MS's legal and marketing sides. It's licensed, and Saber are apparently involved but that's hardly hurting MCC.

I agree with the basic principle but I don't think it really applies here.

The simple act of adding a competitive mode without sprint, weapon customizations, loadouts, perks and with equal starts can make this game a true Halo successor.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Renting of weapons

Damage multipliers on weapons/armour

Tactical packages

Sprint

Boosters

All that F2P glory on a halo game. Never thought I'd come to this point...

those mechanics do actually work quite well in a lot of F2P shooters (your first 3 mentions)

i wouldnt judge it before you havent played it, incase it isnt fully money orientated (which most russian F2Ps arent) then it can be quite some fun to play

sprinting on guardian though...

It really doesn't look that bad but then it becomes a turn off when you see all the attachments and crap.

sB9sAfr.jpg

This and the Turf remake look cool but I hope to god this fails so very hard. If this is a huge success in Russia and then comes over to the West and is a huge success then you can bet Halo 6 will look a lot more like this. Everyone tell your Russian friends not to play this. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

sB9sAfr.jpg

This and the Turf remake look cool but I hope to god this fails so very hard. If this is a huge success in Russia and then comes over to the West and is a huge success then you can bet Halo 6 will look a lot more like this. Every tel your Russian friends not to play this. 

Totally just realized that's Avalanche but in a forest/desert setting. From a casual standpoint it looks cool. But competitively not so much

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo is turning into Jordan Brand. Just gonna keep putting stuff out with no real concern as to what anyone thinks cause it's gonna sell anyways.

Totally just realized that's Avalanche but in a forest/desert setting. From a casual standpoint it looks cool. But competitively not so much

I knew it looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

sB9sAfr.jpg

This and the Turf remake look cool but I hope to god this fails so very hard. If this is a huge success in Russia and then comes over to the West and is a huge success then you can bet Halo 6 will look a lot more like this. Everyone tell your Russian friends not to play this. 

It doesn't matter if its a huge success in Russia, it won't come over here. They already tried the whole microtransaction bullshit with Halo: Spartan Assault and the eventually made it so you could play the game to get them instead. 

Russia and China have an entirely different market as @@Andy has already explained. Marketing tactics aimed for the US/EU won't work there and marketing tactics aimed for China/Russia won't work here. It's as simple as that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, could thrusters in Halo 5 be like the dash in this video? Actually, can thrusters become said dash?

LMAO, when and how did this happen? The game looks a lot more fun that MCC, assuming it works. If the game reaches a more advanced build and become popular, I hope it can be brought out of Russia and to EU/NA and the rest of the world.

If 343 allows the community to have tools to create their own settings, something interesting can 100% come out of this. We're talking PC now, not limited to the ideas of developers and the power of a console that was outdated the year it came out.

So far a lot of amazing looking remakes, sprint wasn't used once throughout the trailer (and even though I know it's in, I'm sure it could be modded out). The game doesn't have ads, strafing looks a lot crisper and responsive, and it's safe to assume the game doesn't hold your hand while aiming since it's on PC. 

Either way, I see this as 343's prime and most likely only ever opportunity to expand Halo's fanbase to newer and younger gamers, as well as people across the world, where it never really caught on. As much as I really want this game, I understand why it's starting off in Russia... now we wait.

Considering that there is NOTHING that will play like this in the F2P market (and Russia, like Korea and China) are currently hotbeds for this kind of gameplay experience I can see this game doing insanely. Currently Call Of Duty Online (China) looks like a better version of games like Crossfire and Artic Combat but it's your standard military FPS. Halo Online brings something, both visually and mechanically, different to the table.

This could have potential to be huge and make Halo a more recognizable global brand.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Considering that there is NOTHING that will play like this in the F2P market (and Russia, like Korea and China) are currently hotbeds for this kind of gameplay experience I can see this game doing insanely. Currently Call Of Duty Online (China) looks like a better version of games like Crossfire and Artic Combat but it's your standard military FPS. Halo Online brings something, both visually and mechanically, different to the table.

This could have potential to be huge and make Halo a more recognizable global brand.

Well at this point I'll be 100% honest when I say that this Halo Online stuff, despite having seemingly little to no competitive future unless 343 allows people to make their own rulesets and customize settings to a significant extent, appeals to me a lot more than MCC ever could, even if it does get ranks and a consistent Matchmaking. I own MCC for Halo CE only at this point, and H2A has the tiniest map pool of any Halo game ever. On top of that, Halo Online appears to offer classic maps (H2/H3), and I'm sure it would be fairly easy to release some sort of map editor for it, allowing for ridiculous, near-limitless possibilities.

I'm picturing all these things that can be done since this is on PC... I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a streamlined experience and just P2W stuff with no customs. I see insane potential in this.

Honestly the gameplay looks fun. Take out the microtransactions that affect gameplay(I don't mind if they keep attachments if it's just for cosmetics) and it's a game I would love to play.

Agreed. Also pair it with the fact that its on PC which means that modders can start to play around with it....

Long story short this could be the PC halo game we have always wanted. If this getting Russia and Asia into console Halo as well we will be set for the next 10years of esports. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly the gameplay looks fun. Take out the microtransactions that affect gameplay(I don't mind if they keep attachments if it's just for cosmetics)

and it's a game I would love to play.

Yeah i like the attachments personally. I feel like a huge minority here but I would definitely play this game. I've done a lot of F2P in the past and I can live with people paying to get an advantage. I still enjoy myself because I'm playing a game that is free and also fun. Crazy seeing Turf look so pretty.

I tried pausing the video when they showed all the weapon variations. There was an all white and a green stripe BR called the ACC BR. It said it fired a 2 round burst which is interesting. Also there is a tab at the bottom of the screen for Clan. Looks like clans are making their comeback afterall.

My thoughts exactly. If they just focused 100% of their attention/budget on ONE Halo game at a time instead of all these side projects the franchise would be in a far better place right now.

Its an old cliche, but its very true in this case...Less is more.

At best, a couple of people in 343i direct manage what's going on with HO. (heh...HO...) Probably almost all of 343i is still working on H5.

Put this game in the hands of some modders and this could lead to something interesting. Since it's PC we can disable sprint, fix the spread of the BR, make strafing better, put weapons and power ups on static timers, etc.

I really wish Halo would come to PC, the potential for competitive Halo is there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That turf remake is totally coming to H2A.

I've said before they were working on Map Packs and that the Relic map was going to initially be part of a Paid DLC pack before the insane issues MCC had at launch.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Relic, the Turf remake and the Sidewinder remake were meant to be the first piece of paid DLC before everything turned to shit.

I really wish Halo would come to PC

Isn't that what it literally just did?

• Upvote (+1) 1

so this game is like Halo 4, but reborn as an RPG thing kinda thingy

By RPG, do you mean the progression system? The game has no campaign aspects.