TheHaloArray

Halo Online Discussion

That is the video rendering DLL for directX, version 9. You may need to download it from Microsoft.com (I assume you have a windows machine)

Yes i do have a windows machine! When i try to install DX9 it says i must be running Windows xp. 2000 etc etc

Should i just upgrade to the newer version of DX?

im windows 8

It should be dx10 I think. Don't know. It sounds like the installer for the game isn't ready for windows 8 but I am guessing at this point

Anybody still playing this? How are things going?

There is a big patch (v0.5) coming soon that will add a server browser and Forge saving

• Upvote (+1) 2

There is a big patch (v0.5) coming soon that will add a server browser and Forge saving

Oh wow, I should get this set up soon then!

0f24d658cbbfde1ae6764cf74dd1067f.jpg

This looks so nice <3

Is that a modded version or is it actually in the game?

Is that a modded version or is it actually in the game?

Modded version with some textures replaced

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder what the real developers are even doing now. Probably getting slapped by MS.

I wonder what the real developers are even doing now. Probably getting slapped by MS.

They confirmed this isn't the case. Rumor is they are creating a website and moving everything over to it. We'll see.

Is there any news or anything on this lately? Seems to of died down...no ones talking about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there any news or anything on this lately? Seems to of died down...no ones talking about it.

I'm generally interested as well. With H5 on the horizon and MCC still not in the best of shape, I'm looking into abandoning the whole XBox life and moving towards the PC world where games are actually reliable. Having Halo there would be a great introductory experience, assuming it's up to par with some past titles.

Also, I thought I saw someone modding the weapons a little bit.... Would it be possible to take the DMR and put the pistol skin on it, then keep the scope or change it to the BR scope? I had a little experience modding weapons on Borderlands, but that was using other software. My friend and I used to make insane weapons or take others insane weapons and give them infinite ammo, different elemental damage, and other things of that nature.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm generally interested as well. With H5 on the horizon and MCC still not in the best of shape, I'm looking into abandoning the whole XBox life and moving towards the PC world where games are actually reliable. Having Halo there would be a great introductory experience, assuming it's up to par with some past titles.

You are right about having Halo on PC but we would still need a shit ton of changes to get decent gameplay.

I highly recommend testing Quake, Reflex and Toxikk if you have not done it already.

So I think I installed this properly, but I don't see any game servers.  I also don't seem to be able to change my armor, even though other people apparently can.

Using ElDewrito (0.4.5-cf04b81b)

So I think I installed this properly, but I don't see any game servers.  I also don't seem to be able to change my armor, even though other people apparently can.

You have to play with a third party software like Evolve until they've implemented a server browser.

r/HaloOnline , most people are playing on Oracle's servers

Still waiting on oracle to work on win8. Or maybe it's a problem on my end. Either way it's rendered this game unplayable for me

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still waiting on oracle to work on win8. Or maybe it's a problem on my end. Either way it's rendered this game unplayable for me

I assume you have problems with rasman? If so, there's some solutions that may work, but none have worked for me. You can play with Evolve instead, though.

I installed Oracle and logged in, and when I started the game I could find two servers.

However it wouldn't let me join either of them, spammed the A key and nothing.

Edit:  Nevermind I fixed it, the game needed to be 0.4.6

Edit2:

So I joined a random BTB game, and it was just...bizarre.

In this match you spawned with a BR and a random secondary, and there was quite the strange selection of weapons.

Variants of the BR that only differ in the color of the ammo display.

A Blue-Striped, Five-Shot Burst BR-Looking Weapon

A Carbine with a slightly altered appearance, except battery-powered.

A DMR with the Scope replaced and a Silencer (the normal DMR is also in the game)

A Magnum with Red Stripes

A Silenced, Gold-Plated Magnum

A new looking SMG with Lime Green Stripes

A Gold-Plated Mauler.

A Gold-Plated Plasma Pistol, with the top looking slightly bulkier.

There's probably a lot more I didn't see.

I installed Oracle and logged in, and when I started the game I could find two servers.

However it wouldn't let me join either of them, spammed the A key and nothing.

Edit:  Nevermind I fixed it, the game needed to be 0.4.6

Edit2:

So I joined a random BTB game, and it was just...bizarre.

In this match you spawned with a BR and a random secondary, and there was quite the strange selection of weapons.

Variants of the BR that only differ in the color of the ammo display.

A Blue-Striped, Five-Shot Burst BR-Looking Weapon

A Carbine with a slightly altered appearance, except battery-powered.

A DMR with the Scope replaced and a Silencer (the normal DMR is also in the game)

A Magnum with Red Stripes

A Silenced, Gold-Plated Magnum

A new looking SMG with Lime Green Stripes

A Gold-Plated Mauler.

A Gold-Plated Plasma Pistol, with the top looking slightly bulkier.

There's probably a lot more I didn't see.

Yeah, they just throw in as many guns as they can, lol(there's auto BR's and shit)

Yeah, they're trying to make H3, but as it's right now, it's more like Halo 4.

Yeah, they just throw in as many guns as they can, lol(there's auto BR's and shit)

Yeah, they're trying to make H3, but as it's right now, it's more like Halo 4.

Are they making it identical to H3? I hope they improve it.