TheHaloArray

Halo Online Discussion

Perhaps organized events won't occur. But you need to see the bigger picture.

If the modded halo online takes off and surpasses everyone's expectations then Microsoft will be forced to reevaluate 343's employees who hate halo.

Keep your eyes on the big picture.

This's exactly what I'm hoping for. Valve did this and acquired the HL modders who created CS and EPIC is doing the same thing with UT4.

Here's hoping for a similar scenario.

So, you're saying that ElDorito devs are planning on removing bloom in future updates? are they planning on upping the base speed, implementing descope or any other good change?

They are looking into descope but it's a low priority because descope shouldn't matter with mouse controls

As it currently stands the lack of descope actually does matter because the BRs are have no bloom when scoped in

I can ask them if they want movement acceleration increased but the problem with that is that it will definitely mess up some already very erratic netcode

The other thing I'm working on in addition to this, is modifying the Green BR and DMR to be a 3sk and 4sk

I currently have the numbers set up in such a way that the BR has slight advantage in TTK

Min TTK set to .8 vs.9, vs the sniper's double body TTK of .7. It is objectively harder to land 3 perfect bursts with the BR so it should have a slight advantage I feel

In 4/5 shot kills scenarios becomes 1.05-1.15 vs 1.2 depending on how many BR bullets you missed

Hopefully they decide to implement this alongside the bloom fix, because the Green weapons are already totally useless even with the bloom as it currently stands. With bloom totally removed they serve no purpose whatsoever so might as well turn them into MLGnoscope420 weapons

• Upvote (+1) 1

They are looking into descope but it's a low priority because descope shouldn't matter with mouse controls

As it currently stands the lack of descope actually does matter because the BRs are have no bloom when scoped in

I can ask them if they want movement acceleration increased but the problem with that is that it will definitely mess up some already very erratic netcode

The other thing I'm working on in addition to this, is modifying the Green BR and DMR to be a 3sk and 4sk

I currently have the numbers set up in such a way that the BR has slight advantage in TTK

Min TTK set to .8 vs.9, vs the sniper's double body TTK of .7. It is objectively harder to land 3 perfect bursts with the BR so it should have a slight advantage I feel

In 4/5 shot kills scenarios becomes 1.05-1.15 vs 1.2 depending on how many BR bullets you missed

Hopefully they decide to implement this alongside the bloom fix, because the Green weapons are already totally useless even with the bloom as it currently stands. With bloom totally removed they serve no purpose whatsoever so might as well turn them into MLGnoscope420 weapons

Is the green one the BR that fires 2-round bursts? Did you retain that?

Is the green one the BR that fires 2-round bursts? Did you retain that?

No, I reverted it, but I also subracted .05 from the ROF so that it's the same as it was with the 2 round burst. Why would you want to keep it, it makes landing a perfect 3 shot objectively harder?

I just got all the weapons value set up, I just need to do the bloom hex values for the DMRs and i'm all set

I played around running two installs shooting at each other and based on the values I set up, the BR has advantages in CQC

I would assume the BR has disadvantages at long range due to the difficulty of hitting the full 3 round burst from a distance, so that's good

Edit: SENT

They said they will consider putting in my modification for the Green BR/DMR

I told them it's just a friendly request on behalf of the comp community and that we're happy enough to get rid of the bloom, so we'll only be a little sad if it doesn't get in

Sup people so i know no one gave this game a chance yet, I'm trying to change that.
I know it looks kinda like Halo 4 but it does not feel like that other than the stupid sprint which will be removed soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiubTd2yBTw

Sorry for the 20 fps clips this game is so heavy -.-"

Hope you all enjoy it and please give this a chance the modders really deserve the support of making this game into Halo 3 PC.
It will probably be a long road but i already stepped on this train and i will be in it.
Until it stops at the perfect Halo 3 PC with no limits and from now one i can tell i cannot wait for it!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sup people so i know no one gave this game a chance yet, I'm trying to change that.

I know it looks kinda like Halo 4 but it does not feel like that other than the stupid sprint which will be removed soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiubTd2yBTw

Sorry for the 20 fps clips this game is so heavy -.-"

Hope you all enjoy it and please give this a chance the modders really deserve the support of making this game into Halo 3 PC.

It will probably be a long road but i already stepped on this train and i will be in it.

Until it stops at the perfect Halo 3 PC with no limits and from now one i can tell i cannot wait for it!

What video card do you have? 

I think the major things that need to be fixed are removing Sprint/Bloom.

So how is the Netcode in this game is it as good as Reach/H4 or as bad as H3?

It's hard to say because there's no way to reduce party size

Quality of game varies wildly depending on host

Really depends on the host if i play on some good EU host, no one really eat's shots unless it is cross the map but that's normal for Halo 3 because of bullet spread.

If i am going to play on some East Coast it gets a little worse people will eat atleast 1/2 shots but West Coast is not playable for me.

I don't think there is any difference with netcode compared to Halo 3.

If they remove random spread then this game will play itself so much better.

b3184d345fc467bfbc69510f32f9e842.png

Got these 2.

Oh you're playing on a laptop, what resolution are you playing at? You might have to sacrifice some settings to play at 60fps.

Oh you're playing on a laptop, what resolution are you playing at? You might have to sacrifice some settings to play at 60fps.

Playing on 720p everything on low.

Meanwhile running Elder Scrolls Online on high.... 30 fps...

Playing on 720p everything on low.

Meanwhile running Elder Scrolls Online on high.... 30 fps...

Since it's not an actual game I would suggest making sure it's not running on your iGPU( intel). Whatever app is running the game, example "Halo.exe" make sure your amd drivers recognize it. This game shouldn't be hard to run.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since it's not an actual game I would suggest making sure it's not running on your iGPU( intel). Whatever app is running the game, example "Halo.exe" make sure your amd drivers recognize it. This game shouldn't be hard to run.

Yea i did everything i possibly could do, but nothing helped.

78b488559a437776acf1ab810e6c6808.png

I just had a update for my intel graphic card hope it helps a little bit :)

Thank you btw for trying to help me but i think the game is just horribly optimized.

While we wait for the next patch I played around with settings and came up with something fun

It seems most of the P2W weapons are sent off the charts if combined with 110% damage

The last few games I hosted I used ACC DMR and DMG BR

They fire slowly but are 3sk/2sk

The DMG BR is kinda cool cause it's basically plays like an AR that can headshot

Because you can't talk to people I have no idea whether or not they like it, but if they aren't leaving, I can guess they like it

Is the modded game ready yet to download and play out of the box without the need to resort to hex editors to configure your client?

Yes. However, you'll have to use a middleware to play online.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea i did everything i possibly could do, but nothing helped.

78b488559a437776acf1ab810e6c6808.png

I just had a update for my intel graphic card hope it helps a little bit :)

Thank you btw for trying to help me but i think the game is just horribly optimized.

Disable your integrated card at the BIOS when you turn your PC on

Your card might just be underpowered for the game though

I have an R9 270x which runs Skyrim, Starcraft, and Dota no problem but it struggles hard with this game

Anyway I'm done for the night. I host games under the name GuardianTS if any of you happened to be in there. Crazy games, constantly kept escalating the second weapon to try and fight and something that was on par with the 110dmg ACC DMR

Disable your integrated card at the BIOS when you turn your PC on

Your card might just be underpowered for the game though

I have an R9 270x which runs Skyrim, Starcraft, and Dota no problem but it struggles hard with this game

Anyway I'm done for the night. I host games under the name GuardianTS if any of you happened to be in there. Crazy games, constantly kept escalating the second weapon to try and fight and something that was on par with the 110dmg ACC DMR

I tried going on bios and i cannot change anything so i looked for bios update but there is none it is running smoother now.

I can record and play on 30 fps instead of 20 fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOeiISXpoC0

I'm using my pvr program instead of obs it is allot better ;)

Does anybody know if they even remotely talked about replacing the main br skin and model with the one from h3 360 or were they gonna keep it the h4 model? I'm just wondering I know it's not important I'd figure I'd ask.

Mount & Blade won't launch while Evolve is open for whatever reason. Just pointing that out there in case other people have issues launching games.

Does anybody know if they even remotely talked about replacing the main br skin and model with the one from h3 360 or were they gonna keep it the h4 model? I'm just wondering I know it's not important I'd figure I'd ask.

They want to remake Halo 3 on PC.

But i am not sure if they are allowed to use the Halo 3 BR but however a Halo 1 PC mod got a great looking BR they can use.

Its says im missing dx9.dl when i try to launch the game from the launcher. Any help would be great! :halo:

Its says im missing dx9.dl when i try to launch the game from the launcher. Any help would be great! :halo:

That is the video rendering DLL for directX, version 9. You may need to download it from Microsoft.com (I assume you have a windows machine)

• Upvote (+1) 1