TheHaloArray

Halo Online Discussion

Two things to know.

F2P PC gaming is the rage in Russia. They eat that shit up.

Microsoft is testing the waters of PC-Halo by putting it into the ecosystem that is the easiest to break into right now. It may have all those MTX and what not because it's what Russian gamers apparently like the most. If MS liked what they saw and made something for the west, it'd most certainly be very different. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

In some ways I just can't wrap my head around people wanting Halo on PC. At least in a PvP context it just seems like Halo is... lacking as a PC title. I really like Halo because of the people and the memories but as I got older and got into PC gaming in general I just can't see it being popular like it is/was on console. The most popular games on PC are all varying degrees of old for the most part but their actual quality/community interaction blows Halo out of the water. The environment is just totally different and probably has a lot to do with why Halo stopped being ported to PC

• Upvote (+1) 1

i wont be surprised if they bring it to china next this two countries love there pay to win games. 

Plus Russia is good place to test this and I'm sure if this was coming to the USA or Europe people would immediately complain about microtransactions   

If it doesn't that could be cool. I mean... interaction between community and developers for skin contests, armor designs... stuff like that. As long as it doesn't affect gameplay. I'm all against microtransactions that changes the gameplay.

Huh, first thing I manage to do on this Forum is accidentally give someone a negative thing... Sorry about that :3

OT: This looks interesting, it's basically everything people didn't want in Halo, in Halo. I don't really care, as long as this stuff doesn't bleed into the mainline games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Huh, first thing I manage to do on this Forum is accidentally give someone a negative thing... Sorry about that :3

Just because I'm hispanic? Wow.

#BrokenHeart #DontWorryBeHappy

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sprint confirmed:

awe man, why couldn't have just made that the Walk toggle. smh.

Perks? FTP Weapons? Sounds like complete and utter shit.

Basically an even more mainstream/gimmicky Halo than anything 343 has put out.

Why would anyone even give one ounce of hope/attention for a Russian Halo? LMFAO. I've seen it all. I would love to see Halo sold to Valve and brought back to its competitive roots on PC so I can leave this Xbox One dumpster fire behind me. A FTP model similar to CS with weapon skins or cosmetics would be amazing, and would bring Halo back into popularity.

But a Russian Halo game with perks and buy-able weapons? My God.

In Soviet Russia, Game plays YOU.

• Upvote (+1) 6

> Perks

> Tactical Packages

> Sprint

> F2P

> Sprint

> Loadouts

I didn't have to read anything, as soon as i read 343 i knew.

• Upvote (+1) 3

> Perks

> Tactical Packages

> Sprint

> F2P

> Sprint

> Loadouts

I didn't have to read anything, as soon as i read 343 i knew.

Maybe its just me, but I feel all MMOFPS play the same. PVP is usually hugely imbalanced with the levels and unlocks, and the missions you get are the same as you do in an average FPS only longer and with more enemies that sponge bullets. Never have wasted more than a couple of hours on one of them. 

my vpn is actually in russia l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l

I'll try it out but i have no hopes.

tho yes i know its not hard to get vpns

Halo is already a laughing stock in the PC world. Now it's going to be even more of a laughing stock.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why russia? This is weird.

It's because Halo developers (343i, Microsoft, & Saber Interactive) are partnering with a Russian Developer called "Innova".

From that bit of information I can understand why it would be released in Russia (due to the partnering with a Russian), but what I don't get is the "why Russia only" exclusivity instead of also being brought to US/Canada, that is a mystery.

I can only theorize, that maybe it's a test run before it's given to other markets? It doesn't make sense for an American company (I.e. Microsoft) to work with another person who would say, "I want to use your brand (Halo) for my idea & I need you to help me develop it since it's your property, but I only want to make it for my own countrymen, not anyone elses including yours", unless they would eventually get a piece of the action for their own markets later on. 

When I was reading the article it sounded really promising, free to play, online only, and on PC. However, it then talked about all the stupid abilities and micro transactions that sound more like a pay to win model. Also, why is it only in Russia, what the heck does that have to do with anything?

The recent reveal of 'Halo Online' and the not-as-recent emergence of dominant Free to Play (F2P) games has got me thinking about how a F2P Halo title on the Xbox would benefit the franchise and community.  I've thought of a few things that I think the competitive community could warm up to.

It's no secret that F2P is wildly popular as can be seen in MOBAs like LoL and Dota. One of the biggest and most immediate questions is how it would fare for FPS titles, seeing as there aren't any massive free FPS games at the moment.  CS:GO is close, only costing someone a total of $15, assuming they have a decent PC.  This brings up one of the glaring problems that Halo faces in this expansion phase that we are in (or want to be in, at least): it's expensive, especially to people that don't have an Xbox One.  This topic has probably been beat to death, so you can form you're own opinions.

The main reason I am interested in F2P is because it gives the competitive community an environment that is essentially isolated to the ever changing lore and single player influence.  Never again would HaloFollower's comment section berate me for disliking sprint, and no longer would the competitive community complain about jetpacks and thrusters, God willing.  I find the idea really exciting because they could do all the cheesy things, like immersion, that they want for campaign to mix it up, but the multiplayer would be untouched outside of patches and updates.  This would allow for a long-lasting, saturated meta that doesn't crumble every two years because of title releases.  There are a lot of factors that would have to go into this.  The only one I can think of off the top of my head is longer and more dynamic gametypes so that the meta doesn't exhaust itself in 5 minute slayer games (think CS).

If revenue is your concern with this pseudo-proposal, then it shouldn't be.  I'm a sucker for cosmetics and chances are that you are too.  Micro transactions are genius because we only pay the money that we want to pay. LoL has made more money off of me in the past year than Halo has in the past 3, and I don't yet regret spending that money.... *cough* MCC.  A set of badass armor or maybe pro team armor decals is all it takes to get my money.

I know this isn't a great proposal as there are countless loose ends that should be discussed.  There is a plethora of problems surrounding the fact that it's on Xbox, that it might greatly effect single player sales, etc.  I'm also describing the ideal situation, with a hardcore competitive and esports focus on the F2P multiplayer.  I just wanted to present the pros, especially in the sustainability and gameplay departments.  I would love to hear what others think, because at this point in time I feel that it is a potential solution to many of the franchises problems.  If anything, It's fun to brainstorm!

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's because Halo developers (343i, Microsoft, & Saber Interactive) are partnering with a Russian Developer called "Innova".

From that bit of information I can understand why it would be released in Russia (due to the partnering with a Russian), but what I don't get is the "why Russia only" exclusivity instead of also being brought to US/Canada, that is a mystery.

I can only theorize, that maybe it's a test run before it's given to other markets? It doesn't make sense for an American company (I.e. Microsoft) to work with another person who would say, "I want to use your brand (Halo) for my idea & I need you to help me develop it since it's your property, but I only want to make it for my own countrymen, not anyone elses including yours", unless they would eventually get a piece of the action for their own markets later on. 

This might answer the question i dont know

p4twxLd.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

More diluting of a good franchise. How much more can they remove before there's nothing left of the games we love?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why russia? This is weird.

why.

So here's the thing, China an Russia have huge market potential. Games developers are beginning to try and tap into this potential with their games. The markets though are vastly different to the west. Piracy is rife in China and Russia, both are in the top 3 for piracy. Here in the EU piracy is about 40%, an in the U.S even lower at about 20%. If we look at the figures for China and Russia China it's at 91% and Russia 80%. These figures can be seen here.

Releasing big $60 games every 2/3 years has/would have little to no impact in those countries. Developers and publishers have to use different tactics to tap into these vast markets. The f2p tactic is one that is already quite popular in those parts of the world so it makes total sense. Recently we have seen COD Online released in China and now this Halo in Russia.

• Upvote (+1) 5