TheHaloArray

Halo Online Discussion

So I hear you guys are looking for Halo Online Tips and Tricks? Here's how to get Rockets on Edge. Start Fraggin' Like A Pro.

3d4c6a3876d6bda8d5263c2cb9914b77.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Let's take a moment and throw away a term such as easy. M+KB aiming is not easy.

It's only easier with a M+KB when you have console mechanics like magnetism and aim assist tacked onto the game (if these mechanics exist in Halo Online, the aiming skill gap with be comparatively shorter than other PC shooters),

The fundamental issue with M+KB aiming is not that it's easy, but, rather, that it has a higher skill gap than controller aiming. Now, sure, it's easier to turn 180 degrees because the acceleration values are totally different (and thus, anyone who plays with a controller against a M+KB player will have a much lesser "reaction time"). M+KB succeeds where controllers fail in that they're much more able to keep up with quick, snap movements in addition to being more precise overall. A person who is used to M+KB aiming will be able to land more shots (game willing, God forbid they make a Halo game without randomness tacked on) than someone with a controller, because of the medium. Now, you can have someone who totally sucks at M+KB aiming and then the only issue a controller player has to deal with is the fact that M+KB players can simply turn around faster (although, an environment where you would typically be able to encounter both types of players would be a PC environment, which generally does not have the console QoL mechanics such as magnetism).

Very true.

Using Mouse and Keyboard does not make things "Magically Easier" all it does is RAISE THE SKILL GAP. It baffles me as to why some console people think M&KB makes things easier when they have a whole bunch of aim assist/magnetism on their side. 

Now here is something that will blow your minds. In PC games, to prevent someone from reaching the maximum skill ceiling so fast they make you move at really fast speeds( Arena Shooters ) or they include weapon spray patterns( Counter Strike ). When they make game harder like this it increases the skill even further.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It baffles me as to why some console people think M&KB makes things easier when they have a whole bunch of aim assist/magnetism on their side. 

Well it's true that precise aiming is much easier on PC... if you take into consideration that aiming on consoles is hard enough for some people to consider just being able to hit their target as the goal of the game, then, for the same people, it makes sense for the game to become "easier".

Considering the grand scheme of things though, most of the time, it's harder on PC and has a greater skill gap like you said.

Does this game use Hitscan or Projectiles?

Impossible to tell. Nobody has managed to play it with other people yet.

I have to say, the way that you move is so quick and responsive. Hopefully Halo 5 is like that.

I have to say, the way that you move is so quick and responsive. Hopefully Halo 5 is like that.

It is, strafing is being optimized.

Impossible to tell. Nobody has managed to play it with other people yet.

Splitscreen appears to be in the config... for now that's the only way I can see people figuring it out. I don't think anyone has made it work though.

Sniper would need to be nerfed because it would 100% invalidate any of the rifles. The difficulty in using a Sniper is that there's limited aim assist, and that's how it's balanced against other weapons.

So now one player would have an instant-kill weapon that has no real downsides against the other weapons.

Yes pretty much this

Given the relative accs of other PC fps titles, with a mouse and keyboard at the highest level of play, you could anticipate people blowing people up with no scopes at around 70% acc, possibly higher because Halo movement is slow

I see they already increased the base movespeed by quite a bit, but you are still going to need sprint mechanics because if you put an organized TO4 against each other, anyone who exposes themselves for more than a half a second will get instagibbed. You will need some tool to cut through sight lines or you end up with stalemate gameplay all over again (and I would argue how horribly H2A is going that you need them anyway).

Splitscreen appears to be in the config... for now that's the only way I can see people figuring it out. I don't think anyone has made it work though.

It's in the config because there's a lot of code that hasn't been taken out of the game yet. The code for Theater and Forge is in the game as well. It's one of the reasons that people are convinced they can get the game working, they are basically trying to merge it with Halo 3 disassembly and see what happens

Halo Promod? That would be sick because I loved CoD4 Promod

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ha

You can disable flinch

See you guys you were complaining about nothing once again

On another topic, a comment on the BR:

Like I said a few pages back, Russians don't fuck around with their FPS. This also means they have very different ideas from you as to what constitutes a balanced game.

In particular, their idea of a balanced spawning weapon is "it's useless"

You are going to end up seeing a totally different style of balance here where pretty much every single weapon on the weapon the map is stronger than your BR. Covenant projectile weapons are going to dump on it, and if you think about it really hard, they're non-hitscan weapons, and probably should have the whole time.

You will never get the weapon balance you want out of this game because even if you could speak russian and argue with them, you're arguing with a group of people who completely disagree with you on the conceptual level.

• Upvote (+1) 1

COULD IT BE?

gTukR.jpg

Can't tell what is showing here? Forge?

Edit: Oh shit. Nevermind i didn't see the oracle! AHHAHAHA

Yes pretty much this

Given the relative accs of other PC fps titles, with a mouse and keyboard at the highest level of play, you could anticipate people blowing people up with no scopes at around 70% acc, possibly higher because Halo movement is slow

I see they already increased the base movespeed by quite a bit, but you are still going to need sprint mechanics because if you put an organized TO4 against each other, anyone who exposes themselves for more than a half a second will get instagibbed. You will need some tool to cut through sight lines or you end up with stalemate gameplay all over again (and I would argue how horribly H2A is going that you need them anyway).

The maps are pretty tiny, and moving through them mindlessly with sprint seems like it could cause more harm than good.

A thruster pack or long hop would still be better, honestly.

The maps are pretty tiny, and moving through them mindlessly with sprint seems like it could cause more harm than good.

A thruster pack or long hop would still be better, honestly.

Small maps with sprint are the ideal in my head

343 made a huge mistake upscaling the maps relative to sprint because it just creates the same stalemate gameplay again

A proper competitive fps needs to revolve around aggressive map rotations, H2A had its chance to prove itself and it's a failure as a competitive title

The game does not work when it takes 30-45 seconds to cross a map, there is no surprise factor whatsoever to any of the opponent's movements

I've spent the past 6 months playing nothing but Quake and it gave me some insight into exactly what Halo's flaws are, but oh well, people are stubborn and I'm getting tired of arguing about it

H2A is clearly a broken game but if you enjoy your broken game I can't win

Very true.

Using Mouse and Keyboard does not make things "Magically Easier" all it does is RAISE THE SKILL GAP. It baffles me as to why some console people think M&KB makes things easier when they have a whole bunch of aim assist/magnetism on their side. 

Now here is something that will blow your minds. In PC games, to prevent someone from reaching the maximum skill ceiling so fast they make you move at really fast speeds( Arena Shooters ) or they include weapon spray patterns( Counter Strike ). When they make game harder like this it increases the skill even further.

I know...so annoying. Simpler =/=easier

• Upvote (+1) 1

COULD IT BE?

gTukR.jpg

It looks like he's just holding the missile pod as a Forge ball, like you'd pick up a weapon as a spartan. Got the Forge ball model through fiddling with the code.

Now, as for why the Forge ball is in... that leads to think there's a good chance Forge is in, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up. A lot of assets from H3 have been left in despite not being used at all.

I still would rather have a solid map editor than Forge though, what's the point of limiting it to Forge while on PC?

• Upvote (+1) 1

It looks like he's just holding the missile pod as a Forge ball, like you'd pick up a weapon as a spartan. Got the Forge ball model through fiddling with the code.

Now, as for why the Forge ball is in... that leads to think there's a good chance Forge is in, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up. A lot of assets from H3 have been left in despite not being used at all.

I still would rather have a solid map editor than Forge though, what's the point of limiting it to Forge while on PC?

That's literally the only reason it's in. They probably just ported all of Halo 3's multiplayer, Forge included as a starting base and then added, removed and tweaked when needed. It's highly unlikely Halo Online will have fully fledged Forge when it officially releases. It's important that people remember it's an Alpha.