TheHaloArray

Halo Online Discussion

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

I can pretty much guarantee you that those "many" will play the game regardless of it's features.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Soooo there are three layers of overshield, green, yellow and pink, i know green and yellow from halo 3 but the pink layer might be paid lol

And how can we tell while we're playing? should we just guess or is there something unique about it?

So, here is what the spread of the BR looks like :

Scoped vs Unscoped (go directly to 01:00)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Soooo there are three layers of overshield, green, yellow and pink, i know green and yellow from halo 3 but the pink layer might be paid lol

After spending hours playing Fat Kid customs, I can confirm that the pink layer is just 4x.

• Upvote (+1) 2

At this point, I think Halo PC would be a better engine for modding for the competitive community on PC.

Only good thing I can take from this is the sped up base movement speed. Or am I seeing wrong? It looks really fluid. 

From what I have tested it seems that the base movement speed is pretty fast, it felt pretty great, but the spartan is very heavy and changing direction is very slow, I'm not used to this on pc fps, so it seems weird to me for now.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Been running around and trying to understand some of the settings. There's an FoV slider - only goes from 70-90.

2hjAwao.jpg

PRkXyKr.jpg

:(

You should get right on that.

I can get concepts down on paper, do art to an extent, but I never tried to code so that part isn't for me.

Been running around and trying to understand some of the settings. There's an FoV slider - only goes from 70-90.

:(

FOV slider doesn't affect distance from gun... it just stretches out the edges of the screen. I remember seeing a picture of it modded past 90 and it didn't look like it helped much at all, it was just distorted/stretched in a weird way.

I can get concepts down on paper, do art to an extent, but I never tried to code so that part isn't for me.

FOV slider doesn't affect distance from gun... it just stretches out the edges of the screen. I remember seeing a picture of it modded past 90 and it didn't look like it helped much at all, it was just distorted/stretched in a weird way.

More the fact you can see more on the screen.

There's a BR that's meant to be more accurate, and it only fires 2-round bursts. I'll report back with a screenshot soon.

EDIT: It turns out the green BR doesn't actually exist yet, or the list of values is wrong. They list the green SMG and DMR as the same, and the BR value given spawns a DMR.

It has fall damage because the freeloader makes the game run in SP, the actual game (running on MP) doesn't have fall damage.

• Upvote (+1) 3

fall damage needs to go... SMFH lets remove something that adds skill to the game

Well he is a Halo 3 kid  :walshy:

fall damage needs to go... SMFH lets remove something that adds skill to the game

Fall damage didn't make sense for half of the Halo 3 maps... imagine Construct with fall damage, or if using the lifts on Guardians on Narrows resulted in death half of the time.

I was just running around Avalanche and tested the lift 5 times, died every single time. Doesn't look like it's crouch cancellable, or the timing is just odd.

• Upvote (+1) 1

None of you are seeing the big picture here (or haven't looked into much information about the game which is fine)

The game is a port of the Halo 3 engine using Halo 4 assets, with a bunch of widgets attached

The Halo 3 engine is well understood by modders and apparently some modders in the scene are convinced they know enough about Halo's engine that they can actually get this leaked build working in P2P multiplayer with some third party software pretending to be Xbox Live

Once you have that working, from there the weapon tags and so forth to mod the Halo engine have been 99.9% understood since Halo 2 so at that point it is trivial to do whatever the fuck you want with the game

From that point on, it's pretty trivial for you guys to make the "Project M" of Halo, for lack of a better way to put it.

As to whether or not Teambeyond wants to be directly involved in that, depends on whether or not you want to burn your bridges with 343

You guys certainly don't seem to value them at all

Then you can have fun with that for a couple of months until people who can actually aim with a mouse trickle into the game, whereupon you're going to realize that you need to not only reenable sprint but severely (and i stress severely) kneecap the strength of the sniper rifle

As far as the game itself goes, the russians do not fuck around with FPS. They have a pretty good 1.6 scene and probably have the largest Quake scene left standing. I can guarantee you that any stupid bullshit that creeps into the beta will get purged and purged quickly.

Got a couple questions for you big guy

Who/Where is the modders community?

Is it that much easier to aim with a mouse?... I have never played PC games.

Why would you nerf the snipes and re instate sprint?

Is it that much easier to aim with a mouse?... I have never played PC games.

Let's take a moment and throw away a term such as easy. M+KB aiming is not easy.

It's only easier with a M+KB when you have console mechanics like magnetism and aim assist tacked onto the game (if these mechanics exist in Halo Online, the aiming skill gap with be comparatively shorter than other PC shooters),

The fundamental issue with M+KB aiming is not that it's easy, but, rather, that it has a higher skill gap than controller aiming. Now, sure, it's easier to turn 180 degrees because the acceleration values are totally different (and thus, anyone who plays with a controller against a M+KB player will have a much lesser "reaction time"). M+KB succeeds where controllers fail in that they're much more able to keep up with quick, snap movements in addition to being more precise overall. A person who is used to M+KB aiming will be able to land more shots (game willing, God forbid they make a Halo game without randomness tacked on) than someone with a controller, because of the medium. Now, you can have someone who totally sucks at M+KB aiming and then the only issue a controller player has to deal with is the fact that M+KB players can simply turn around faster (although, an environment where you would typically be able to encounter both types of players would be a PC environment, which generally does not have the console QoL mechanics such as magnetism).

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why would you nerf the snipes and re instate sprint?

Sniper would need to be nerfed because it would 100% invalidate any of the rifles. The difficulty in using a Sniper is that there's limited aim assist, and that's how it's balanced against other weapons.

So now one player would have an instant-kill weapon that has no real downsides against the other weapons.

Why not a desktop?

Because I'm probably going to move into a studio and don't want to get OCD about where to put my things too much.