TheHaloArray

Halo Online Discussion

No descope confirmed

How can you confirm that if there's no way to get hit?

Descope doesn't even matter in a PC fps game because magnetism isn't relevant

Throw grenade, zoom in, stand on grenade.

I asked him to nade himself while he scoped in, he still stayed in scope.

Yeah, I just confirmed it as well. A nade or any type of damage such as fall damage should descope you.

This game has bloom and no descope. Jesus Christ.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, I just confirmed it as well. A nade or any type of damage such as fall damage should descope you.

This game has bloom and no descope. Jesus Christ.

Do you even know why descope matters?

Do you even know why descope matters?

I might be the worse person that could explain why descope matters, with my shitty english and enough energy to care, all I can say is that it increases the skill gap between players that are using precision weapons. In Halo 4, a person could easily land some body shots with a sniper because there was no-descoping. Not only that, the fact that there is bloom, makes things a bit random. Specially with the BR. Cannot see fights between BR users going well with those two mixed. Not only that, Descope is a mechanic where almost every single Halo except H4 has it. What's the point of removing it? What's the point of defending no-descope? Whatever, time to sleep.

EDIT: In other words, Descope is what kept some weapons balanced. Because of a lack of descope I can forever stay zoomed in. If you are at a decent range away, is it easier to hit with a sniper or precision weapon in general while zoomed in, or out?. Zoomed out, you have very little chance of hitting anyone. This problem is heavily amplified on medium maps where the sniper has massive sight lines and cover to retreat to, where it is almost impossible to hide from someone using a precision weapon.

I am now slowly realizing the reason why it's Russian only

This might be a good move...

I might be the worse person that could explain why descope matters, with my shitty english and enough energy to care, all I can say is that it increases the skill gap between players that are using precision weapons. In Halo 4, a person could easily land some body shots with a sniper because there was no-descoping. Not only that, the fact that there is bloom, makes things a bit random. Specially with the BR. Cannot see fights between BR users going well with those two mixed. Not only that, Descope is a mechanic where almost every single Halo except H4 has it. What's the point of removing it? What's the point of defending no-descope? Whatever, time to sleep.

So you seem to know that's easier to land shots, but you don't seem to know why

Think about it for a few seconds then you'll realize why it's utterly irrelevant in a PC fps game

I mean seriously I just said it at the top of the page and you still can't figure it out

Weapon balance is completely irrelevant as everything can be however you want with mod tools

Who knows, maybe without 343/bungie behind the wheel we'll actually get a decent balanced weaponset for once

• Downvote (-1) 1

It exists, nobody likes it though.

Yeah that's right Microsoft give the people that don't like halo this game. Fuck the people that want it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah that's right Microsoft give the people that don't like halo this game. Fuck the people that want it.

You want something? You can't have it.

You don't want it? Here, all yours.

#JustMicrosoftThings

The next logical step would be to ask for sprint in Halo 5... 343 might just do the exact opposite of what we want.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

None of you are seeing the big picture here (or haven't looked into much information about the game which is fine)

This so much. Does no one else realize there's a 99% chance this is the Halo PC game we were waiting for all this time? Using the Halo 3 engine too? Halo 3 had to have one of the biggest modding/black market scenes (which, to some extent, transitioned over to CoD4 at the time and subsequent releases). I'm sure Lord Zedd is out there and hasn't slept in days.

If LAN matches are supported for this game and tools are made available to the community, 343 could have the community design the perfect competitive shooter for them, with Halo acting as the base. The problem is, a lot of things will be VERY different, and it will take a few weeks of "rediscovering Halo" to understand what works on console but might not work on PC. There's a reason just about every weapon has randomness (though I see it as lazy nerfing), the weapons are a lot easier to use.

Either way I'm not to freaked out about the default game itself. The weapon renting stuff I don't care about as long as you can unlock stuff at a normal rate. I'd give it a shot, and I'd still have more fun than on MCC probs. But what I want to see is modders stepping up and pumping all the Halo potential this game has and turn this into a sick Halo game. If the maps aren't there, I hope we get an editor tool at one point or another. I doubt it matters much though, people used to mod the shit out of Halo 3 maps.

I can definitely see a Project M scenario here and I'm very very hopeful for that.

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but here's a pastebin link of all of the equipment and perks.

It's... Not pretty. http://pastebin.com/iW6V83Tz

1. WEAPON JAMMER..................... .............Releases signal that interferes with weapon control systems, preventing them from bring used
That sounds so much fun.

Why has my text changed colour...?

Why do we always have to play a heavily modified version of the game to suite our needs? can't we get the Halo experience we've been asking for out of the box?

Why do we always have to play a heavily modified version of the game to suite our needs? can't we get the Halo experience we've been asking for out of the box?

Wouldn't be immersive enough...

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Soooo there are three layers of overshield, green, yellow and pink, i know green and yellow from halo 3 but the pink layer might be paid lol

It's time we made our own game.

• Upvote (+1) 1