TheHaloArray

Halo Online Discussion

I can confirm now, what i posted works, people are working to get it on english and testing their own servers lol, modders are the best thing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

cmon_zpsc7ytej7y.gif

Lol I'm not just talking about the art, I'm talking about the entire game.

It's a free-to-play pay-to-win PC Halo game releasing exclusively in Russia, with all the #immersion 343 (or Saber or whatever) could fit into one game.

This is a huge "fuck you up yours" to the Halo community. They want a clean slate, so instead of giving us their dogshit, they'll just give it to the oblivious, poor Russians.

It's almost as if they designed the game specifically for a region where p2w is the most popular business model

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can confirm now, what i posted works, people are working to get it on english and testing their own servers lol, modders are the best thing.

Appreciate the links, man.

And yeah, it's pretty fantastic to see people working hard on this already. PC is awesome for that.

The base movement speed is cool (maybe a little too fast) and the maps look great but besides that there's not much about this game that interests me. I'd really like to see them add some of those remastered maps to H2A but there probably no chance of that happening. 

nothing_zpsbzmvsdqe.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

How big are those files?

What if the Russian exclusivity was there to build hype when it comes out this spring, and that everybody get it when Windows 10 is out. Think about it : Threshold Project (unified UI/UX cross device), Cortana (personnal IA assistant) and Spartan (new Microsoft web navigator).

Halo is everywhere in Windows 10.

None of you are seeing the big picture here (or haven't looked into much information about the game which is fine)

The game is a port of the Halo 3 engine using Halo 4 assets, with a bunch of widgets attached

The Halo 3 engine is well understood by modders and apparently some modders in the scene are convinced they know enough about Halo's engine that they can actually get this leaked build working in P2P multiplayer with some third party software pretending to be Xbox Live

Once you have that working, from there the weapon tags and so forth to mod the Halo engine have been 99.9% understood since Halo 2 so at that point it is trivial to do whatever the fuck you want with the game

From that point on, it's pretty trivial for you guys to make the "Project M" of Halo, for lack of a better way to put it.

As to whether or not Teambeyond wants to be directly involved in that, depends on whether or not you want to burn your bridges with 343

You guys certainly don't seem to value them at all

Then you can have fun with that for a couple of months until people who can actually aim with a mouse trickle into the game, whereupon you're going to realize that you need to not only reenable sprint but severely (and i stress severely) kneecap the strength of the sniper rifle

As far as the game itself goes, the russians do not fuck around with FPS. They have a pretty good 1.6 scene and probably have the largest Quake scene left standing. I can guarantee you that any stupid bullshit that creeps into the beta will get purged and purged quickly.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Whelp, I think the obsession with trying to play HO without being in Russia proves that there's a demand for a proper English Halo title. Take notes, Microsoft!

I need to get a new Laptop just for this game, regardless of the lightweight requirements.

Why not a desktop?