TheHaloArray

Halo Online Discussion

This game is such a fuckfest. Looking at all the conflicting art styles makes me cringe.

What an atrocity.

What's wrong with it? I think the art is actually pretty nice. Everything is easy to see, detailed, bright yet non-vibrant lighting... What's the issue exactly? 

What's wrong with it? I think the art is actually pretty nice. Everything is easy to see, detailed, bright yet non-vibrant lighting... What's the issue exactly? 

hating just to hate, its the cool thing to do

• Upvote (+1) 1

hating just to hate, its the cool thing to do

I know, that's what I'm saying! Like being mad about Sprint, purchasing weapons, etc. at least makes sense.

"This game is a fuck fest, look at the art!" 

giphy.gif

Seeing the base movement speed though and how the aiming works, I at least want to try this game!

What's wrong with it?... What's the issue exactly? 

cmon_zpsc7ytej7y.gif

Lol I'm not just talking about the art, I'm talking about the entire game.

It's a free-to-play pay-to-win PC Halo game releasing exclusively in Russia, with all the #immersion 343 (or Saber or whatever) could fit into one game.

They want a clean slate, so instead of giving us their dogshit, they'll just give it to the oblivious, poor Russians.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Lol I'm not just talking about the art, I'm talking about the entire game.

It's a free-to-play pay-to-win PC Halo game releasing exclusively in Russia, with all the #immersion 343 (or Saber, doesn't matter) could fit into one game.

This is a huge "fuck you up yours" to the Halo community. They want a clean slate, so instead of giving us their dogshit, they'll just give it to the oblivious Russians.

How is this a "fuck you" to the community? I'm seriously confused. If it were the only Halo title coming out and 343 were hailing it as a mainline title I would completely understand the rage. However it's not, this is a spin off for a secondary market, a market which loves this sort of thing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The developer is Innova and 343 is just a partner, most likely because they and microosft hold the rights of the game, i don't know why we are blaming 343 for sprint and all that.

Edit: Im gonna try the client to see if this thing works.

this is a spin off for a secondary market

Exactly.

Anyways, I didn't really mean for this to start an argument, I just wanted to post my thoughts, which weren't just about the art. I respect all of your opinions.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Exactly.

So what exactly is the problem then? 

You haven't really explained how this is a "fuck you" to the community. To use a previous analogy, was Halo Wars a giant "fuck you" because it was an RTS instead of an FPS?

So what exactly is the problem then? 

You haven't really explained how this is a "fuck you" to the community. To use a previous analogy, was Halo Wars a giant "fuck you" because it was an RTS instead of an FPS?

No, of course not. In fact Halo Wars was actually a very well-rounded beginners RTS imo.

And I have explained how it is a "fuck you", it is being released in a secluded market, away from true fans, even if those fans just want to tear it apart for what it is.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No, of course not. In fact Halo Wars was actually a very well-rounded beginners RTS imo.

Exactly.

Halo Online could well be a very good and successful F2P FPS, in the Russian market. We clearly aren't going to like it because we're not the target audience.

So it's hardly a "fuck you", it's an attempt to expand the Halo fanbase and obviously make lots of money.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Exactly.

Halo Online could well be a very good and successful F2P FPS, in the Russian market. We clearly aren't going to like it because we're not the target audience.

So it's hardly a "fuck you", it's an attempt to expand the Halo fanbase, and obviously make lots of money.

Why are you comparing Halo Wars to Halo: Online when they are entirely different genres? Halo Wars expanded the fan base because it was a different genre (and released in more than one country). Halo: Online is an FPS, the same genre as seven other Halo games have been, or a majority. So we are limiting the fanbase by releasing it in a secluded market.

I could've worded that a lot better, but I think you'll get my point.

• Downvote (-1) 1

The developer is Innova and 343 is just a partner, most likely because they and microosft hold the rights of the game, i don't know why we are blaming 343 for sprint and all that.

Edit: Im gonna try the client to see if this thing works.

Would you or anyone else on here who got the files before they were taking down consider seeding a torrent?

When I am evaluating a release, I do not judge it on the premise of "holy shit if we have modders hack this game and just change LITERALLY EVERYTHING ABOUT IT, it will be awesome!"

gv3167r.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why are you comparing Halo Wars to Halo: Online when they are entirely different genres? Halo Wars expanded the fan base because it was a different genre (and released in more than one country). Halo: Online is an FPS, the same genre as seven other Halo games have been, or a majority. So we are limiting the fanbase by releasing it in a secluded market.

I could've worded that a lot better, but I think you'll get my point.

I used Wars because it's the only other spin off Halo title that wasn't a mobile game.

Also I don't quite understand why Halo Online would limit the fanbase? Russia is a market which currently is completely uninterested in Halo, Halo Online might make them interested as such expand the Halo fanbase.

I suppose only releasing Halo Online in Russia would limit the fanbase of Online specifically, however I was referring the Halo fanbase as a whole.

I suppose only releasing Halo Online in Russia would limit the fanbase of Online specifically, however I was referring the Halo fanbase as a whole.

Well then we need to start another discussion. :kappa:

(I guess most of my points would apply to that discussion also)

Anyways, the only way I can see Halo: Online succeeding period is if it eventually releases in the U.S.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Look I understand the hate for the concept of the game if it was for us. It is not for us. I guess that's just a hard concept to understand with this generation of gamers being so damn entitled.

• Upvote (+1) 4