KurtiZ

Other than nostalgia, why do people like Halo 3?

Is not the reticle being red an indication of how the weapon is meant to be used?  If so, then the weapon can't be used the way that the game is telling you it should be used without the need to resort to nostalgia (vis a vis your earlier post).  The BR simply cannot consistently hit within the range of its own visual range indicator.

So now the reticule being red means it has to be it's most effective range?

Max effective range and max range are 2 different things.

• Downvote (-1) 2

But that's my entire point.

Less than half the range YOU invoked (P3 to top Car) and it still can't even land a 4 shot ONCE.

Now that begs the question of where on Car are you standing?   

Is it safe to assume that you are standing against the back wall?

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gomorrah%20is%20BAD/video/661722

Not to keep posting my video over and over again... But seriously, look at this shit dude...

Nobody can rely on perfect shooting past like 13 feet.

You're comparing it to something that it's not.

No matter how bad you want it to be the H2 Br variant, it won't be.

That's what my whole argument was based off of, you can't use this weapon like you can in H2.

You're comparing it to something that it's not.

No matter how bad you want it to be the H2 Br variant, it won't be.

That's what my whole argument was based off of, you can't use this weapon like you can in H2.

I think my point actually went over your head... I don't care that they limited the range so badly (Well, I do care, but that's not what I'm talking about now). I care that the utility weapon is so temperamental that doing perfect shooting can lead to a 4 shot, but depending on the RNG. 

This is beyond broken, and any virtue that projectile bullets add to H3 are gone. The game is completely broken competitively.  

Saiyan sucked though o_O. regardless, thats how I see the Original Halos. Doesn't bother me if you agree or not.

Lol he didn't suck, he was definitely a good player. I do think most would agree that he wasn't on the same level that his team mates were. IDK if people just don't know or forget, but the Ogres were gods at the time. They were just so far ahead of everyone else. It was a level of domination that I'm not even sure would be possible today.

I'm just saying that the sentence, "You want a game that, quite honestly, require all players on the same page and working together to win, play Halo 3" would work just as well if you replaced Halo 3 with Halo 2. They both require very similar levels of coordination, timing, and team shooting.

wow how time changes opinions...when h3 released compared to h2, it was a dumpster fire...got better as settings changed, but that br was pretty annoying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It can 4 shot from there easy. You aim too far on the right of his head, ID say a bullet or two spread past his head.

Too far to the right in every clip? Also, how do you explain it sometimes actually registering as a 4 shot when I don't move my reticle?

The entire monument of the game can shift simply because of bad luck with the BR's RNG. That is unacceptable for a utility weapon...

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think my point actually went over your head... I don't care that they limited the range so badly (Well, I do care, but that's not what I'm talking about now). I care that the utility weapon is so temperamental that doing perfect shooting can lead to a 4 shot, but depending on the RNG. 

This is beyond broken, and any virtue that projectile bullets add to H3 are gone. The game is completely broken competitively.  

It didn't go over my head, your test wasn't even fair.

H2 the spartan being shot at is upright.

H3 the spartan is looking at the ground.  The reticule doesn't have the dot, meaning you aren't shooting at his head.

It didn't go over my head, your test wasn't even fair.

H2 the spartan being shot at is upright.

H3 the spartan is looking at the ground.  The reticule doesn't have the dot, meaning you aren't shooting at his head.

Oh fuck off dude.

Yeah, that's why H3 is random. for sure man

Also, don't just watch the first 3 seconds of the video next time.

The 3rd and 4th Br tests have the red dot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Saiyan sucked though o_O. regardless, thats how I see the Original Halos. Doesn't bother me if you agree or not.

hang on sayian sucked ?????? wtf? are you people delusional are you telling me he just meandered onto the the best team by chance?

Note sayian didnt care in 06 and didn't practice, he lost the drive, a bit like ogre 1 in halo 3 but in 05 sayian was god like as was that entire final boss team hence why they had that incredible run 

clueless!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just saying that the sentence, "You want a game that, quite honestly, require all players on the same page and working together to win, play Halo 3" would work just as well if you replaced Halo 3 with Halo 2. They both require very similar levels of coordination, timing, and team shooting.

I get what you're saying. However, I still think H3 took more teamwork to win a game than Halo 2 did. On any level.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 had the best overall experience of any of the games. Good customs, good BTB, good matchmaking (imperfect ranking system but at least it wasnt plagued by cheating and matched you against people somewhat close to your skill), nice graphics, just the absolute peak of Halo. Gameplay wise, I don't like that the BR is a piece of shit but I still think the better team wins, regardless of its randomness. I like that the BR is limited, I don't think it should be as easy and effective as it was in Halo 2 (or quite as bad as it is in H3), it just brings about a bit of a different style of play that I enjoy most. I like the skillset involved in Halo 3 (same for H2 really), it is simply way more enjoyable for me to learn and exercise those skills than to, for example, spend hours learning Halo CE spawns to be good at Halo CE. I accept that the latter obviously takes more skill to be at the top but it's not as satisfying for me, and many, to acquire and exercise those skills.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh fuck off dude.

Yeah, that's why H3 is random. for sure man

Also, don't just watch the first 3 seconds of the video next time.

The 3rd and 4th Br tests have the red dot.

Glad that this debate was able to continue to be mature.

hang on sayian sucked ?????? wtf? are you people delusional are you telling me he just meandered onto the the best team by chance?

Note sayian didnt care in 06 and didn't practice, he lost the drive, a bit like ogre 1 in halo 3 but in 05 sayian was god like as was that entire final boss team hence why they had that incredible run 

clueless!

I suppose I should have clarified my self, however Cadilac did see where I was coming from;

In terms of everyone else on the "Pro Circuit", Saiyan sucked.

Glad that this debate was able to continue to be mature.

Yeah I don't care.

I like your excuses though. They are very imaginative. You should be a creative writer.

Too far to the right in every clip? Also, how do you explain it sometimes actually registering as a 4 shot when I don't move my reticle?

The entire monument of the game can shift simply because of bad luck with the BR's RNG. That is unacceptable for a utility weapon...

Well to be honest with you, I get 4 shots from there on moving targets mlg or vanilla settings and I never notice the random burst. Doesn't bother me, have never said to myself once "I lost that fight because of spread" as I've said many times before, everyone exaggerates how much of a difference it makes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I suppose I should have clarified my self, however Cadilac did see where I was coming from;

In terms of everyone else on the "Pro Circuit", Saiyan sucked.

what year? or did he always suck in comparison to all other pro's on the circuit?

Well to be honest with you, I get 4 shots from there on moving targets mlg or vanilla settings and I never notice the random burst. Doesn't bother me, have never said to myself once "I lost that fight because of spread" as I've said many times before, everyone exaggerates how much of a difference it makes.

So it's okay that 4 shotting someone at that distance on host can either kill them, or not even put them no shield?

I mean, I literally just tested this like an hour ago and put it in a video.

How can I exaggerate how shooting 4 shots kills the player in one instance, and doesn't even make him no shield in another instance?

what year? or did he always suck in comparison to all other pro's on the circuit?

I dont have any year for you, i just felt he wasn't as up to the skill level. Sure, he had his moments where he was great but i, again, felt like he wasnt enough.

So it's okay that 4 shotting someone at that distance on host can either kill them, or not even put them no shield?

I mean, I literally just tested this like an hour ago and put it in a video.

How can I exaggerate how shooting 4 shots kills the player in one instance, and doesn't even make him no shield in another instance?

Tis a great mystery sherlock.

Because it was a good game, is it better than halo 2 id say no, not with BR starts.

Sure the game had he spread but once you learn how to use it well it adds a skill gap, the good players are still the good players.

The maps were phenomenal.

I vote in map and game type I'll take br starts over base halo 3 etc

If I'm playing TS I know lll play a variety of I just want halo 1 I'll play that playlist

Say in halo 3 why does anyone vote standoff over guardian brs.... It just happens you'll live

This may seem like a crazy idea sherlock, but maybe a shot of yours didn't register.

I dont have any year for you, i just felt he wasn't as up to the skill level. Sure, he had his moments where he was great but i, again, felt like he wasnt enough.

sayian was a halo 1 and halo 2 pro - so between 01 - 06 are the years relevant to saiyan  

apart of teams DM (halo 1), 3d, stk and final boss - but wasn't up to the skill level of other pro's?

He has 16 events wins (mlg events) - had his moments?

1 national championship 2005 -  not enough for you?

went a year and half undefeated apart from one tournament Philly 05 where it is only team slayer went 5-0 lost then 8-0 

watch lockout ball grand final 06 national championship (when he was supposedly at his worst) and watch him dominate