KevinPDZ0916

Which Halo 5 Multiplayer Beta Map was your Favorite?

Favorite Halo 5 beta MP map  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which Halo 5 MP Beta Map was your Favorite?

• Truth
    • Regret
    • Eden
    • Empire
    • Crossfire
    • Trench
    • Pegasus
    • Orion

Round 2 of the Halo Multiplayer Map Tournament will start next week.

In the meantime, I thought it would be interesting to see which Halo 5 MP beta map everybody liked the most. 

Truth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt7vhoe9deY

Regret:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-BujDejY4w

Eden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92bq_yql-2A

Empire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-q7m8MMMcA

Crossfire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvp_YywYXp4

Trench: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6ciy7Pb388

Pegasus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRbs1QBOdD4

Orion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgswqLpsuuk

Honestly, I thought Regret was pretty good. I didn't have a problem with Truth either. The other maps were pretty terrible, but saying all them sucked is a little extreme, IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All the maps were terrible in my opinion the fact that they name it "arena multiplayer" is a joke with maps that are that big and flat.

(even the bubbles on Truth are so big that you can't nade people out)

All jumps that added a skill in moving around the map got removed by adding dumb clamber spots that every 5 y/o kid can master by holding the A button.

The maps have loud gravlifts that let people know when someone used them instead of portals that are silent which slows down as well.

The maps all play very standoff-ish because scoping in gives an advantage by reducing the spread of the weapons. Also even static timers didn't help much for Truth because you will just camp there and wait for some team to get one or two dead and sprint for that OP sword and easily escape with it in your hand because it gives you 25% movement speed to get away with it.

The Hydra is not even worth going for in my opinion (just another junk weapon that is just added to have something new)

If they would have learned from the past Halos they would know that the GL from Halo Reach is a great weapon but yeah it is not new enough for them I guess.

In general it seemed like they have no clue what they are doing with their maps (structure and weapon placement) even if powerups were not yet implemented (I do not blame them for no powerups). But as I said maps are big flat and standoff-ish and don't really feel like Halo for me.

I feel you bro but all I really read there was blah blah fucking blah.

This seems like a post for the halo 5 thread, just pick which map you like the most and move on and if you can't because halo 5 maps suck that much just don't bother.

No hate just love <3

Anyway I liked the forge one the most, where rockets were in the middle and sniper at the bottom. Whatever that one was I forgot :3

I think forge looks much better with Halo 5, just hoping we can add more color too them in the full game :)

Regret wasn't the worst thing but I didn't like the fact they called it arena maps and they were huge because sprint stretched them

I was going to vote for Regret, but all the maps were terrible imo. Truth was too stretched out... Regret had way too much overlap (I like the vertical gameplay, but I felt like there was too much emphasis and they tried to just force everything together. Or maybe it was just the large focus on top mid and towers and lack of power weapons to push people out of those positions.), Weapon placements and the ability to camp outside and hold it down effectively as a team on Empire ruined the map for me since I had no more than one other person to coordinate with. And Eden is just bad. It has cool aspects, like dynamically moving parts, but I wish they were automatic rather than needing to shoot a trigger.

I lumped the Breakout Maps into the same kind of category as the other forge maps, because I'm pretty sure I read/saw somewhere that they were made in a forge type thing or something like that. And since I don't feel they are legit "Maps" because they can be edited in an editor unlike Eden, Truth, etc... I wasn't going to cast a vote, but I ended up picking Trench because it was actually fun for me. It emphasized CQC but had long sight lines up top if you could shoot properly. It reminded me (sort of) like a smaller version of Hang Em High. It was my favorite of the two Breakout maps and I quit playing the beta before the other two forge maps were released. I just lost interest, so I can't comment on those two.

I only played the first week of the beta and probably 10 games of the second week and then stopped playing all together.

Truth > Regret > Empire (some how never got a Eden game).

But none of the maps were good, I think thats been well established.

EDIT: I mixed up truth and regret -_-

The thing I am thinking about all the time is how many maps will there be? I dont count their remixes or what they call it as "normal" maps. They are just a bonusthing to me. And if they want to sell forgemaps as official on disc launch maps - *middlefinger*. Reach already did this shit so pls no.

So in my eyes we have two maps we know about so far. Ok to be fair Regret and Thruth are quite different but anyways. 

If I had to pick one I think it would be Regret.

Personlly I thought Truth was a good remake and Empire was fun, except the spawns on that map SUCKED. The other maps I wasnt particularly happy about. Eden was a cluster****, Regret was too big, Pegasus was okay, but I sure hope they change the colors, and I dont believe I played the others.

So far, I am not optimistic at all about the Multiplayer Designers at 343 Industries when they make new maps. Sure they can get away with a small handful, like they almost did in Halo 4 (I enjoyed several of the maps, but soon they got SUPER boring), but they cannot seem to do what Bungie did. Bungie nearly perfected the console arena shooter map back in the old days.

Honestly, I thought Regret was pretty good. I didn't have a problem with Truth either. The other maps were pretty terrible, but saying all them sucked is a little extreme, IMO.

Regret was definitely my favorite map when we played.

All the maps were terrible in my opinion the fact that they name it "arena multiplayer" is a joke with maps that are that big and flat.

(even the bubbles on Truth are so big that you can't nade people out)

All jumps that added a skill in moving around the map got removed by adding dumb clamber spots that every 5 y/o kid can master by holding the A button.

The maps have loud gravlifts that let people know when someone used them instead of portals that are silent which slows down as well.

The maps all play very standoff-ish because scoping in gives an advantage by reducing the spread of the weapons. Also even static timers didn't help much for Truth because you will just camp there and wait for some team to get one or two dead and sprint for that OP sword and easily escape with it in your hand because it gives you 25% movement speed to get away with it.

The Hydra is not even worth going for in my opinion (just another junk weapon that is just added to have something new)

If they would have learned from the past Halos they would know that the GL from Halo Reach is a great weapon but yeah it is not new enough for them I guess.

In general it seemed like they have no clue what they are doing with their maps (structure and weapon placement) even if powerups were not yet implemented (I do not blame them for no powerups). But as I said maps are big flat and standoff-ish and don't really feel like Halo for me.

I didn't play the beta but got exactly this impression.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Regret was a great map, but Thruster ruined it at Semi Pro and above. Honestly, thruster ruined a bunch of maps that had narrow sightlines.

Regret was pretty, but Truth played better IMO.

Empire/Eden felt like a dead end campaign area.

I only picked Empire because I liked it in Strongholds.

All the maps were either bland or terrible. And breakout was alright, but I can't take breakout seriously.

• Regret was great for Strongholds and Slayer, but would be really bad in a gametype like CTF. I enjoyed this map a lot, especially the art direction/visuals.
  • Truth was average all around. Big Tower was a bit too powerful, but the map was still was enjoyable. Not my favorite but I enjoyed playing on it.
  • Empire (Beta Version) was awful for Slayer. Two snipers was the main reason, and it caused stalemates between Outside and Tower. Outside also felt a little bit too powerful at points but I could see this map being amazing for CTF. Strongholds was okay on it but not my favorite.
  • Eden was interesting. Obviously the biggest map in the Beta, it was really segmented and would never work in a competitive Slayer game. I wasn't a fan of the Sword on the map, it sort of felt out of place. However, the map's asymmetry, excellent sandbox diversity, and power positions make me feel like this map would be incredible for objective games like Extraction and Oddball.
  • Orion was too long, had a lot of dead areas, etc. I just didn't enjoy playing it. Can't point out anything in particular the map just didn't seem very well designed to me...
  • PEGASUS BOYZ 2016. Pegasus was hands down my favorite map. The Red power position, numerous routes and sightlines, perfect weapon setup, all made this map stand out as extremely competitive. I loved the rotation of Rockets and Sniper alternating, then having them come up simultaneously at a mid point through the game. Every weapon felt like it had a use on this map and I'd die to see how it would play with Pro Players competing on it.

As for Breakout, I liked both Crossfire and Trench but I liked Trench more.

Pegasus is my vote for Slayer but I'd really like to see how CTF/Assault play on Truth/Regret/Eden and how Extraction/Oddball play on Eden.

I liked all of the maps, but Eden was my favorite. Every map had huge problems with weapon placement which made Slayer not work at all. If only the beta had more than 2 objective maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I went with Empire just because of how well it played for Strongholds. Regret was probably the best for Slayer because it felt the smallest, I don't remember as much looking around for people on that map compared to the others.

If they would have learned from the past Halos they would know that the GL from Halo Reach is a great weapon but yeah it is not new enough for them I guess..

the hydra is better than the overwhelming majority of weapons in halo, whether that's a good or a bad thing is up for you to decide.

but yeah, Grenade launcher was the bomb, bring it back please.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No matter how inferior H5G is in terms of gameplay, I really liked Regret!

The map was the most fun to play and I loved that art design!

aesthetically, regret

but they all played poorly. ironically, i had my most enjoyable game on eden, which was the map i disliked the most. 

Truth is the best of the bunch, even though it doesn't play like Midship.

Regret was whatever at best, granted I only played the Hydra version.

I didn't enjoy Crossfire. Probably because I didn't enjoy Breakout.

Eden and Empire were both dog shit. Empire might have some hope with a better weapon set (sans sniper), but I think Eden's a lost cause.

Never played Trench, Orion, or Pegasus.

Pegasus was my favourite closely followed by Regret and Eden. Empire and Truth felt like they could be okay with a few layout changes, Orion was a cool concept but it felt like just that.

I didn't enjoy Breakout and didn't play enough of it to have an opinion on those maps.

All of the maps would have been way better with OS and Camo to fight over. Truth is now big enough in my opinion that it can ditch the "nothing but sword/shotty" ideal of Midship and include a few more valuable items to contest in order to keep things moving at a decent pace.

EDIT: Regret's central structure looks like an Elite Honour Guard helmet when viewed from the correct angle. Just thought that was a cool bit of trivia.

Regret was the best map that I had seen in the beta. In this remix case, flipping Midship upside down was actually a clever idea, and the map aesthetics really show how beautiful it is. 

I also agree with a few here, and anyone else on the issue of real maps vs. forge creations and remix maps. I wouldn't be surprised to see a huge number of maps in the final release, totaling more than any Halo game to date before DLC is added, but at what cost? If there are more forge creations and more remix maps on top of what we already have, then I will be concerned.

Not to mention all these 8 maps are classified in their "arena" style maps category. What about BTB maps? How many of those big maps with vehicles will there be? I wouldn't be surprised if they even created remix maps for BTB maps just to save on development time. 

To me, remix maps are a clever way to get more maps without actually creating as many all new maps from scratch. 

And I assume we can play modes like Breakout on all maps besides just trench and crossfire in the final version. So many questions, but hopefully we will get more multiplayer answers come E3 and / or Gamescon, etc.