OneGrumpyNerd

Save MCC first

The guy is wrong about this.

The reason why you don't get matched up correctly is because the game is literally not looking for players to match you with. It works exactly the same as every other playlist except you have a number that goes up and down based on if you win or lose. That's the only difference. The ranking system was obviously slapped together at the last minute, just like most things in this game. Also your rank going up and down has nothing to do with the ranks of the players you are playing against. Which is how people got 50s. They must be handing out 100 XP per win and 100 XP per loss no matter what. Under the true Halo 2 rules, a team of 40s going up against a team of 10s wouldn't be possible because at level 40 the maximum level difference is +-14.

Also on the join in progress and friendly fire, I would agree with him for the social playlists. But the ranking system drives you to not quit, not betray and to try as a team to win. Also the fact that on the XBox one you can create infinite new gold accounts for free, that should keep people from deranking as well. If you want to start out as a rank 1, it takes 2 minutes to set up a new account.

I think you should be able to toggle join in progress on or of. I think that is the best solution.

And having a ranking system is going to increase waittime before you get a match and with the population going down every day/week/month it will only be a matter of months before the waitingtimes are as long as they were on launch. H2's ranking system worked because there were enough people to make it function properly. If you implement it MCC it will not work because there are not enough players in your area around your level so the games are going to be extremely laggy.

Any kind of good ranking system is crucial for the game but there are not enough people to make it funtion correctly a lot of the time. Especially in Europe and Australia. As an European I don't want to get matched up against Americans but that is exactly what a ranking system like H2's is going to do.

I want to fast forward to the H5 release and see the state of MCC and the sales numbers of H5. Want to see if a significant number of people actually take a stand against this incompetence

• Upvote (+1) 4

We need to discourage as many people from buying Halo 5 as possible.

Great video. I've been advocating that this needs to be repopulated as well. I already stated this on the MCC thread, but I'll reiterate my comment to Bdobbins...

To save MCC's population Microsoft HAS to release it as part of Games for Gold. It would be the one solution that will benefit both them and us. It will benefit us with a hugely increased population. And it would benefit them because you have a lot of people who aren't going to take a chance on Halo 5 because they haven't played the other games in the series. That was the whole point of MCC to begin with economically for them. And since no one in their right minds is paying full price for MCC at this point it won't hurt their sales. Lastly, they own the game themselves so they don't even have to pay a licencing fee to another publisher! It would also give them increased Gold subscriptions if people like the multiplayer! Also increased PR because people usually bitch about how shitty the games are in the Games for Gold and PS Plus programs. I just don't see a downside to it and I think we should push the idea.

We need to discourage as many people from buying Halo 5 as possible.

Great video. I've been advocating that this needs to be repopulated as well. I already stated this on the MCC thread, but I'll reiterate my comment to Bdobbins...

To save MCC's population Microsoft HAS to release it as part of Games for Gold. It would be the one solution that will benefit both them and us. It will benefit us with a hugely increased population. And it would benefit them because you have a lot of people who aren't going to take a chance on Halo 5 because they haven't played the other games in the series. That was the whole point of MCC to begin with economically for them. And since no one in their right minds is paying full price for MCC at this point it won't hurt their sales. Lastly, they own the game themselves so they don't even have to pay a licencing fee to another publisher! It would also give them increased Gold subscriptions if people like the multiplayer! Also increased PR because people usually bitch about how shitty the games are in the Games for Gold and PS Plus programs. I just don't see a downside to it and I think we should push the idea.

This. I really hope the game becomes free at some point soon. I think most people that absolutely hate 343 and how they ripped us off would still rather the game went free for the sake of longevity. I don't care that I beta tested this shit for $60 I just want to be able to play it after H5 drops. Imagine if they made it free forever or it came preinstalled on xb1.. I could see it eclipsing H5 once the honeymoon period ends and that game fucking fails.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This. I really hope the game becomes free at some point soon. I think most people that absolutely hate 343 and how they ripped us off would still rather the game went free for the sake of longevity. I don't care that I beta tested this shit for $60 I just want to be able to play it after H5 drops. Imagine if they made it free forever or it came preinstalled on xb1.. I could see it eclipsing H5 once the honeymoon period ends and that game fucking fails.

This.

the game died when christmas came and people were unwrapping halo: paperweight addition. there's nothing to "save". you can dress up a corpse and put make up on, but at some point you have to call the time and move it out of the room or it'll start to stink. 

in 3 months, halo 5 will be shown at e3 and mcc will not be spoken of again until the one big "hurrah" tournament prior to halo 5's launch. 

if the game is 100% fixed in those 3 months and goes to games with gold or something, then that'll be great.... for the 10,000 people who want to play halo 3 for another 7 years. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

the game died when christmas came and people were unwrapping halo: paperweight addition. there's nothing to "save". you can dress up a corpse and put make up on, but at some point you have to call the time and move it out of the room or it'll start to stink. 

Except the fact that they revived the corpse and it's breathing on it's own..

People will download MCC if it's free, halo fans or not. Especially the people that returned the game.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/free-to-play/bf37a28d-08fa-4746-9a26-42c5dc72673b/posts

there's a thread on waypoint if anyone wants to chime in.

in 3 months, halo 5 will be shown at e3 and mcc will not be spoken of again until the one big "hurrah" tournament prior to halo 5's launch. 

if the game is 100% fixed in those 3 months and goes to games with gold or something, then that'll be great.... for the 10,000 people who want to play halo 3 for another 7 years. 

The game is fixed for the most part. Saving MCC is not only important for MCC itself, but also for H5G. If everyone knows that 343 actually fixed the game they will be more positive about H5G. Believe me, a lot of people don't plan on buying H5G because of the disaster launch that was MCC. So in the long term, saving MCC is important for us and for 343.

To me, MCC is no where near saved and it never will be. So I've stopped playing, its the sane thing for me to do.

Was it ever the intention to have the H3 mlg playlist on MCC? My understanding of MCC was that it would have all of H3 not just one dam playlist.....either I was mislead into thinking this was how it was going to work or they have just decided that now that is not the intentions either way I will never buy another product until that's the case....sold my Xbox 360 and now can't play h3 mlg

The playlists are what dictate the Halo online experience and they are horrible. They fucking suck and they have barely changed since day one. They suck because they don't catter to the semi-competitive people, you know the ones who go try hard with radar enabled. That used to be a very big portion of past Halo players, say 50-60% (including myself) and the MCC has nothing to offer them. Now on top of that, add a failed launch that prevented everyone from playing and forced them to move on.

Also, add the fact we never had a proper ranking system for most playlists and from what I've just heard for the actual ranked playlists themselves.. lol. As we all know, Halo started ranks on the console and had their fanbase embrace the idea because it was epic. It is epic to rank up. It drives you, but 343 are not competitive people... They don't understand the competitive drive of their fanbase and it will be their downfall... which they entirely deserve.

MCC is never going to be fixed, ^^^ as someone said, its maybe 20% optimal right now. 20%!?!? How can a game survive or any product for that madder survive at 20% of its capabilities? It won't, it is the sad reality we must all except and it's time for us to move on to a less abusive relationship. Or else, we also won't make it out alive.

Here is a good approximation of how the MCC playlists should have shipped under 100% optimal conditions, this set of playlist (or something similar) would of catered to everyone but as you all know it didn't happen....

Single-game Team playlists (radar enabled)

Halo CE 4v4 Team (Team Slayer and Objective) - RANKS

Halo 2 4v4 Team (Team Slayer and Objective) - RANKS

Halo 2A 4v4 Team (Team Slayer and Objective) - RANKS

Halo 3 4v4 Team (Team Slayer and Objective) - RANKS

Halo 4 5v5 Team (Team Slayer and Objective) - RANKS

Cross-game playlists (all games unless noted otherwise, radar enabled)

Team Slayer 4v4 (top 3 Slayer maps from each game)

Team Snipers 4v4 (H2, H2A, H3) - RANKS

Team Swat 4v4 (top 3 Slayer maps from each game, perhaps no H1?, perhaps a few Objective gametypes mixed in) - RANKS

Single (FFA) playlists (radar enabled)

Rumble Pit (H2, 8 players) - RANKS

Love Wolves (H3, 6 players) - RANKS

Doubles (2 man team) playlists

Multiteam (2v2v2v2, H2, H3; radar enabled)

Team Doubles (H2, H3; radar enabled) - RANKS

Doubles Pro (H1; radar disabled) - RANKS

Big Team Battle (8v8) playlists

Big Team Battle (Team Slayer and Objective; all games)

Big Team Battle Pro (Team Slayer and Objective; H2, H3 (75% H2, 25% H3); radar enabled and disabled if all players are above rank level 25?) - RANKS

Competitive playlists
Halo 2A Competitive 4v4 (Team Slayer and Objective, radar disabled)

Team Hardcore (H2, Team Slayer and Objective, radar disabled)

Halo 3 MLG (H3, Team Slayer and Objective, radar disabled)

18 playlists which would have catered to everyone, competitive, semi-competitive or rookie.Lone wolves, 2v2, 4v4 and BTB guys as well. It would of pleased all 4 fanbases (H1, H2, H3, H4)

It could of been brilliant, it could of been a hell of a lot of fun, it could of worked, it could of been awesome.... but it didn't pan out that way. So yeah, my vegan soul despises 343 just as much as you guys and I am most certainly on board to not buy Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To me, MCC is no where near saved and it never will be. So I've stopped playing, its the sane thing for me to do.

The playlists are what dictate the Halo online experience and they are horrible. They fucking suck and they have barely changed since day one. They suck because they don't catter to the semi-competitive people, you know the ones who go try hard with radar enabled. That used to be a very big portion of past Halo players, say 50-60% (including myself) and the MCC has nothing to offer them. Now on top of that, add a failed launch that prevented everyone from playing and forced them to move on.

Also, add the fact we never had a proper ranking system for most playlists and from what I've just heard for the actual ranked playlists themselves.. lol. As we all know, Halo started ranks on the console and had their fanbase embrace the idea because it was epic. It is epic to rank up. It drives you, but 343 are not competitive people... They don't understand the competitive drive of their fanbase and it will be their downfall... which they entirely deserve.

MCC is never going to be fixed, ^^^ as someone said, its maybe 20% optimal right now. 20%!?!? How can a game survive or any product for that madder survive at 20% of its capabilities? It won't, it is the sad reality we must all except and it's time for us to move on to a less abusive relationship. Or else, we also won't make it out alive.

Here is a good approximation of how the MCC playlists should have shipped under 100% optimal conditions, this set of playlist (or something similar) would of catered to everyone but as you all know it didn't happen....

Single-game Team playlists (radar enabled)

Halo CE 4v4 Team (Team Slayer and Objective) - RANKS

Halo 2 4v4 Team (Team Slayer and Objective) - RANKS

Halo 2A 4v4 Team (Team Slayer and Objective) - RANKS

Halo 3 4v4 Team (Team Slayer and Objective) - RANKS

Halo 4 5v5 Team (Team Slayer and Objective) - RANKS

Cross-game playlists (all games unless noted otherwise, radar enabled)

Team Slayer 4v4 (top 3 Slayer maps from each game)

Team Snipers 4v4 (H2, H2A, H3) - RANKS

Team Swat 4v4 (top 3 Slayer maps from each game, perhaps no H1?, perhaps a few Objective gametypes mixed in) - RANKS

Single (FFA) playlists (radar enabled)

Rumble Pit (H2, 8 players) - RANKS

Love Wolves (H3, 6 players) - RANKS

Doubles (2 man team) playlists

Multiteam (2v2v2v2, H2, H3; radar enabled)

Team Doubles (H2, H3; radar enabled) - RANKS

Doubles Pro (H1; radar disabled) - RANKS

Big Team Battle (8v8) playlists

Big Team Battle (Team Slayer and Objective; all games)

Big Team Battle Pro (Team Slayer and Objective; H2, H3 (75% H2, 25% H3); radar enabled and disabled if all players are above rank level 25?) - RANKS

Competitive playlists

Halo 2A Competitive 4v4 (Team Slayer and Objective, radar disabled)

Team Hardcore (H2, Team Slayer and Objective, radar disabled)

Halo 3 MLG (H3, Team Slayer and Objective, radar disabled)

18 playlists which would have catered to everyone, competitive, semi-competitive or rookie.Lone wolves, 2v2, 4v4 and BTB guys as well. It would of pleased all 4 fanbases (H1, H2, H3, H4)

It could of been brilliant, it could of been a hell of a lot of fun, it could of worked, it could of been awesome.... but it didn't pan out that way. So yeah, my vegan soul despises 343 just as much as you guys and I am most certainly on board to not buy Halo 5.

Consolidate all games into an unranked, objectives included "rumble pit" and a ranked slayer ONLY "lone wolves" and this sounds perfect.

I think that's too many playlists if you ask me. We have population problems...

I would go...

Halo 1 4v4

Halo 2 4v4

Halo 2A 4v4

Halo 3 4v4

Halo 4 5v5

Team Slayer All Haloes (unranked)

BTB All Haloes (unranked)

Rumble Pit (Halo 2-3, H2A)

Team Hardcore 4v4 (Halo 2)
Halo 3 MLG 4v4

HCS (dump into Halo 2 hardcore if population is low)

Team Doubles (Halo 2-3, H2A)

Halo 1 2v2

Rotating "Fun" Lists (unranked)

Dump Halo 4 playlist if it drops below 100 people per day... lol

The only part I disagree with here is the bf4 stuff. That's all bullshit. Dice didn't make hard line. Development was not stopped on hardline. Hell, a beta was released while bf4 was still broken. All the dlc still came out before the game was even close to fixed (except final stand). It took 10 months and a different team to fix bf4 (dice LA). The EA memo that was leaked in like june/July stated it was pushed back to march because it didn't want to go up against AW and MCC.

The only part I disagree with here is the bf4 stuff. That's all bullshit. Dice didn't make hard line. Development was not stopped on hardline. Hell, a beta was released while bf4 was still broken. All the dlc still came out before the game was even close to fixed (except final stand). It took 10 months and a different team to fix bf4 (dice LA). The EA memo that was leaked in like june/July stated it was pushed back to march because it didn't want to go up against AW and MCC.

I am not informed about that because I have been away from the FPS scene for a year or two. The hype around MCC brought me back. His point in the video is that 343 does not want to put in the effort needed to give MCC a significant lifespan, which I agree with. If he is wrong about BF4, that is on him and he should have checked his facts.