Unyshek

A Message to HCS Pros

Great thread. This needed to be said....I wish our pros would be proactive within the community to help it flourish.

What say you PROs of Halo????

WHAT SAY YOU PROS OF HALO??!!??!!

• Upvote (+1) 7

I agree to an extent,

Pros duty is win- That is their job. It is not the Pro's duty to make content- (yes i know some players are paid to stream, but that is a small handful.)

In my eyes, pros making content is only a small factor in reviving halo- People have to actually want play the game first, take it to the next level (MLG), and finally compete at LANs- This starts at the local level first. 

So the real question is what motivates/ influences players to compete/watch competitive halo?

Pros making content?

Passion, love for the game?
Money?

I have no clue. 

So i agree that it so easy to stream with Xbone why not stream when playing? But at the same time i can see why people do not- It is a privacy issue- I don't want to let the whole world in on my conversations.

I see it from both ends- I think pros making content is a good thing and would help halo, but in reality it is just a small piece of the pie. 

I wouldn't be doing my part if I didn't link the YouTube channels that have already been created, even if they are inactive.

Evil Geniuses

Snip3down

Towey

Counter Logic Gaming

Cloud

Snakebite

Noble Black

Cloud 9

Ninja

Str8 Rippin

T2

Naded

Str8 Sick

Denial

Heinz

Mikwen

eLevate

SpartanTheDog

OpTic Gaming

Flamesword

Ace

Notables

Walshy

Prototype

RyaNoob

Suddoth Twins

Goldenboy

I'm not sure how many people know about my interview series but its got a few more episodes coming and should act as a great way to get to know players better. Have a few more planned already - to see the ones already done check out the beyond thread in my signature, my youtube channel or my twitter :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thank you for making this post I made one a while back all I got was excuses.I got nothing against streamers,but your not going to get a lot of viewers without a decent follwing in YT. dank tea

P.S I wish ninja would upload more halo.

just curious does anyone here help the pro's spread their YouTube content , through sharing on social media sites or re-tweeting?

i mean yes the pro's gotta actually do their part and make content but its the community as a whole which has to support it otherwise it isnt worth their time either

just curious does anyone here help the pro's spread their YouTube content , through sharing on social media sites or re-tweeting?

i mean yes the pro's gotta actually do their part and make content but its the community as a whole which has to support it otherwise it isnt worth their time either

Personally I RT anything cool pros put out as well as community made stuff. If it relates to competitive halo, and i enjoy it, i retweet it or post it on my twitter telling people to check it out.

All of this is said and when pros do make videos, gauranteed more than half of the people here won't watch them.

It would be cool if there was an official "HCS Pro Content Thread" where only pros can go and post all of their videos, if possible. I feel pros would feel more inclined to make videos if they could easily share them to all of us and get direct feedback from the most loyal competitive Halo fans. I don't personally comment on YouTube videos with feedback or anything. I would reply on here though. Just a thought.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Most pros have a few thousand twitter followers and a few thousand YT subs

R/halo exists, they can post their vids here too

It's their job to build an audience, and doing that takes work and dedication

I've been a very active channel for awhile. I've transitioned to pretty much strictly Halo videos for the past month and will continue to do so http://www.youtube.com/user/sabakunochad

I've been making videos on youtube for 6 years & changed channels a couple times.

It's unbelievably tough growing any kind of crowd, so it's a little disappointing that pros that could easily help grow the Halo scene aren't doing so.

I subbed, also if anyone else makes constant YT content just message me your link or quote me. :)  I've been wanting to see more YT content for Halo. 

<3 

• Upvote (+1) 1

All of this is said and when pros do make videos, gauranteed more than half of the people here won't watch them.

^this

i remember ryanoob making a good amount of videos for reach with his commentary/analysis and they barley broke over 300 views.

EDIT:

Also a very good halo channel that has been making some nice montages.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPe-Fag2isXNY3JvSVIiylw

I agree with this and it's well said. I have started streaming again and will be constantly uploading content to my YouTube page. I actually found the biggest success with views from posting on the halo reddit page. I got like 5,700 views on this video

. Maybe make a pro player/pro plays reddit page and just post stuff to that?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with this and it's well said. I have started streaming again and will be constantly uploading content to my YouTube page. I actually found the biggest success with views from posting on the halo reddit page. I got like 5,700 views on this video -snip- .

Maybe make a pro player/pro plays reddit page and just post stuff to that?

Thank you

Subbed btw :flames:

i remember ryanoob making a good amount of videos for reach with his commentary/analysis and they barley broke over 300 views.

I get like 300 views and I have 69 subs so that's means he's not trying hard enough

You have to put the work in of sharing your videos in order to get views

Thank you

Subbed btw :flames:

I get like 300 views and I have 69 subs so that's means he's not trying hard enough

You have to put the work in of sharing your videos in order to get views

I posted this in another thread. I put in 4 hours of bullshit work into every video I created. 1 hour of finding the correct film, 1:30 of going over what I'm going to talk about, 30 minutes of prep work for the stream and an hour of the video. I created a lot of videos during reach and it was bullshit, really turned me off of the youtube grind. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1