• Counter Logic Gaming
    • eLevate
    • Denial eSports
    • Cloud9
    • Noble Black
    • OpTic Halo
    • Other

1) EG

They have been shaky from time to time online, but they won the past 2 LAN tournaments and the past 2 online tourneys (PGL 10k and HCS cup #2). If you want to be the best, you must beat the best.

2) CLG

They placed top 2 at every single LAN tournament last season and it appears that they are rounding back into championship form; a strong 2nd place showing at HCS cup #2 and taking EG to 5 games. With 2 of the best players in the game with Royal 2 and Snakebite, and Cloud looking like his '09 self, I can't place them lower than 2nd. 

3)Denial

Denial has been improving constantly and they are one of the scariest teams if everyone is playing up to their ability. I had a hard time deciding between Denial and CLG for second place, but CLG's consistency has me giving them the edge over Denial. Lookout for APG, if he catches on fire, he is the absolute best player in the game. An APG that doesn't miss his shots and is constantly charging is someone that no team wants to see.

4) Team Randa

Team Randa can win this event if they play like they have been playing online the past month. They have been grinding every day and it shows with how well they have been playing. Their lack of LAN success is keeping me from placing them higher. I will say that each one of the top 4 teams could win the event. They are all very close in skill.

5) Optic Halo

Optic seems to rarely practice, yet they were able to keep a lot of series close against EG at their LAN; that has to say a lot about how talented that roster is. Maniac is a great addition, and I am expecting good things out of this roster, but it will be tough for Optic and every team below to break into that stacked top 4.

6) Noble Black

This roster has some potential to do well. If Ninja plays well and Arkanum  plays like he did in the season 1 final, then Noble Black is going to do well. Aries is consistent and Prototype seems to carry his weight. 

7) Cloud 9

They held their own at the LAN with EG and Optic, but they got 0-11'd by two different teams; that has to mean something. C9 always plays better on LAN, but I cannot justify putting them over Noble Black when they couldn't win a game against them in a 11 game series. 

8) Elevate

I am honestly not too familiar with this roster. I know they have had success online, but I would like to see more LAN success if they are to place higher. I believe Elevate had the 8th seed at season 1 final, so I am sure they will be looking to improve on that with their addition of Str8 Sick

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really hope at least one of the 8-16 teams breaks through this tournament. My very uninformed ammie rankings:

1) Velocity: Cratos, LifeStyle, Nemassist, & Svspector.  They've beaten C9 in scrims, and seem to be getting better and better.

2) Reality Check: Sudd1, Sudd2, Septic, & Burton. Super dedicated, teamwork needs some work, but they are a LAN team  :lxthul:

3) Excellence Black: Spartan, Coby, SwiftKill, UNLEGIT. Have done ok online, and Spartan's a beast. 

4) Annex: Nerdy, WinntuR, Sargoth, & Tragic. Definitely have potential. Two RC ex-cons.  :walshy:

5) SyA: Blaze, Calm Mentality, dewbron, JeRawockee. Think these guys are pretty well-known, seen the names before. 

6) Annex Black: Bulletflu, Queen, Eccentrik, Siao. Previously known as Element, perhaps going the way of Noble RC & Black?  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 2

There are at least 5 teams with serious potential to win this event. There's going to be some amazing Halo played this week that for damn sure.

1. EG

2. Team Randa

3. CLG

4. Denial

5. Optic

6. Noble Black

7. Cloud 9

8. Elevate

I'd like to see TR win but there are a lot of question marks with them heading into the event and I can honestly see them finishing anywhere from 1st-6th. EG has been too consistently dominant lately for me to pick against them.

Should be a hell of an event; the most excited I've been for an event in years.

1)eg

2)team randa

3)denial

4)clg

5)optic halo

6)c9

7)noble black

8)elevate

i don't see any of the teams outside top 8 breaking through

im excited for the event. hoping for a good turnout and a good showing on twitch.

Are there pics of the venue? Am always interested in how these come together. 

My crazy predictions

1. EG

2. C9

3. Denial

4. CLG

5. Noble

6. Elevate

7. RC

8. Randa

Hope OpTic proves me wrong

Hope Randa proves me right

• Upvote (+1) 1

If the seeds are correct and i did the bracket correct here is my top 8.

1 EG
2 Randa
3 CLG
4 Denial
5/6 Noble Black
5/6 Optic
7/8 C9
7/8 Reality Check

Ill be rooting for Team Randa to win, But i dont think they will be able to knock off EG. Atleast not this event. Im also rooting for Septic, Dude moved to America so he could play Halo and make it to the HCS Finals. (There is no Euro wildcard team at the S2 Finals) Talk about commitment.

Just "Winterfox"! No "Team" in front :)

Hey guys, I'm guitar with Winterfox. We're happy to be sponsoring the Randa boys for season 2.

Picked up a good team :P thanks for helping to support competitive Halo. You won't regret it.

Also congrats Team Randa members. Good shit, well deserved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just "Winterfox"! No "Team" in front :)

Hey guys, I'm guitar with Winterfox. We're happy to be sponsoring the Randa boys for season 2.

Thanks for stopping by and clearing it up!

Good stuff Team Randa/Winterfox.

ps: bonus tweet

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just as soon as I changed signature this happens... 

• Upvote (+1) 4

anybody know the schedule. I know it starts at 2pm est today. But is that FFA or bracket play or what??