• Evil Geniuses
    • Counter Logic Gaming
    • eLevate
    • Denial eSports
    • Cloud9
    • Noble Black
    • OpTic Halo
    • Other

@Halo has been all but spamming the HCS today witch is awesome. Unfortunate we can only hit 5k.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

@Halo has been all but spamming the HCS today witch is awesome. Unfortunate we can only hit 5k.

Definitely been improved, props to them. In the same vein though, you can't really promote the tournament last minute. Really have to promote it multiple times a week leading up so the fanbase knows.

Can't wait to see the later matches tonight, going to be great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That match was so good.

Noob question but how exactly do the timers work? Do they not go based off of the game clock when it comes to CTF?

Noob question but how exactly do the timers work? Do they not go based off of the game clock when it comes to CTF?

what timers? In a CTF game it is first 15 min of the game. It goes past the 15 min if its a tie game. If its a tie game at the 15 min mark then the next flag/bomb wins.

If a flag is in play then the game does not end at the 15 min mark.  If the bomb is in the arming zone then the game does not end at the 15 min mark,.

I hope that makes sense.

Which timers exactly?

The game time doesn't have an overtime feature built in, so they use a longer timer of 30 minutes with the referees calling an end to it after 15 minutes unless the game is tied or it's within a 1 point difference and the losing team is currently in possession of a flag/bomb. Time based gametypes like Hill and Ball don't need such complicated overtime rules due to the way scoring is calculated.

As for weapon timers, they start after the current weapon leaves play by despawning.

Which timers exactly?

The game time doesn't have an overtime feature built in, so they use a longer timer of 30 minutes with the referees calling an end to it after 15 minutes unless the game is tied.

As for weapon timers, they start after the current weapon leaves play by despawning.

Alright I was just wondering because, when the in-game clock had 17:00ish minutes left, I thought I heard someone say that was the two minute warning or something like that. Just wondering why they don't adjust the timers to have it go down to zero.

what timers? In a CTF game it is first 15 min of the game. It goes past the 15 min if its a tie game. If its a tie game at the 15 min mark then the next flag/bomb wins.

If a flag is in play then the game does not end at the 15 min mark.  If the bomb is in the arming zone then the game does not end at the 15 min mark,.

I hope that makes sense.

Okay I see what you mean.

I hope for Halo 5 they program in a overtime function. They should also program in a function to end KoTH/Oddball games when it becomes impossible to make a comeback.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think Noble Black is in a good spot. By loosing and entering the looser's bracket earlier they avoid the looser of Denial/WinterFox.  (assuming winterfox beats Optic).

I think Noble Black is going to be facing Optic next and then probably Cloud 9 (or CLG).   

I am assuming that WinterFox beats Optic and CLG beats Cloud 9. 

I think beating Optic and Cloud 9 (or CLG) is an easier route for Noble Black then having to play WinterFox/Denial.  

Then again Cloud 9 looks much better than their online version and the Noble Black is looking very weak (loosing games to some top AM teams).

• Upvote (+1) 1