• Evil Geniuses
    • Counter Logic Gaming
    • eLevate
    • Denial eSports
    • Cloud9
    • Noble Black
    • OpTic Halo
    • Other

good to see new teams coming up. I was expecting more out of Noble Black. However their looser bracket run does not look hard up until they can potentially face OG.

Optic Gaming is still in the winner's bracket.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm never cocky. Can't underestimate anyone and I never do. Focusing on that LB run and simply getting ok the same page. We performed unacceptably as a team and there was no teamwork, coordination, and no excuse for it. We have work to do. I apologize to our supporters and ggs to the boys on Velocity.

Best of luck. Please get a coach, or at least someone with a timer. 

Edit: Previous post was worded poorly. I consider Prototype & Ninja cocky, and can see the team as a whole dealing with higher expectations (more pressure) instead of being the underdogs. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Arkanum has NEVER come off as a "Cocky" player to me. Iv'e been playing against the guy forever, he's been on the grind as long as i have, and he's never come off as anything to me as just another good dude & Halo fan trying to succeed. He's worked hard to get where he is right now. Definitely not "Cocky" in my opinion.

Unfortunately for NB, they didn't look too hot as a squad today, and they played a team playing quite good, and really pushing for that upset. Hopefully you guys can make a good LB run, but that was definitely a disappointing loss. @@Arkanum Good luck tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nice win by Velocity. I have a feeling they're not done yet.

probably because you're nemassists father and that would just be rude to think that
  • Upvote (+1) 9

I repeat my prediction - Velocity will appear in the season 2 finals.

if this happens ill never know my face on these forums again

It's not like you've ever shown your face to begin with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Walshy won a push-up contest against 2 people from the crowd. They all received HCS Season 1 Finals t-shirts. (Walshy threw his into the crowd)

YGxeIOL.jpg

What would Walshy give me if I were to beat him in the contest?

I would smoke him in a push-up contest.

Glad you had fun! I am pretty jealous that I couldn't make it to Atlanta from all the way over here in CA. :(

Why is that out of the realm of possibility?

Top contenders are currently:

• Evil Geniuses
  • CLG
  • Noble Black
  • Denial
  • Winterfox
  • Cloud 9
  • Elevate
  • OpTic
  • eXcellence
  • Velocity
  • Reality Check
  • Annex

Those top 7 are, for the most part, a guarantee, but I feel anyone from the bottom 5 could steal the last spot... plus, all it takes is a few upsets in the Online Cups (perhaps C9 underperforms online, or OpTic chokes on LAN), for a team to climb the ranks... Velocity being one of the most likely.

@

How many push-ups did Walshy do?

No idea, no one does unless someone recorded it. It quickly went from counting to 'keep going til you can't anymore'.

At least 40, if not more.

What would Walshy give me if I were to beat him in the contest?

I would smoke him in a push-up contest.

Probably a high-five.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seeing all those pics makes me regret being so shy at IG Columbus. :/

No S2 events I can go to, but maybe Season 3 will give me another chance to meet some pros.

Why is that out of the realm of possibility?

Top contenders are currently:

• Evil Geniuses
  • CLG
  • Noble Black
  • Denial
  • Winterfox
  • Cloud 9
  • Elevate
  • OpTic
  • eXcellence
  • Velocity
  • Reality Check
  • Annex

Those top 7 are, for the most part, a guarantee, but I feel anyone from the bottom 5 could steal the last spot... plus, all it takes is a few upsets in the Online Cups (perhaps C9 underperforms online, or OpTic chokes on LAN), for a team to climb the ranks... Velocity being one of the most likely.

I'd hardly call Elevate a guarantee.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd hardly call Elevate a guarantee.

They made it in Season 1, and Str8 Sick has only made them better.

Maybe not a guarantee, but definitely a strong candidate.

Does anyone know how the seeding tiebreakers will work for the first HCS Cup? Assuming the preseason points are scrapped, there will be a lot of teams tied for points.

Thanks for tuning in guys. Very much looking forward to day 2!

Hey, any chance that private Twitch chats will be able to grant new mods in the future?

Hey, any chance that private Twitch chats will be able to grant new mods in the future?

Because it's meant to be a small group mods wouldn't be necessary but it's something I can certainly pass along internally.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Missed most of the good action today and will again tomorrow :(, this is an exciting event so far! Upsets = entertainment.