CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You can't tell me the top 8 weren't the most skilled people in the game. Legit, Ace, Str8 Sick, Pistola, Cntra, Enable, Formal, Cloud.

The big names missing are obviously Snipedown, Naded, Lethul, Ninja, APG, Snakebite, Royal 2 and Ryanoob but it's FFA. For him to win out of all that talent? Cmon, give him a little credit, lol.

I was speaking more along the lines of FFA playing quite differently from 4v4, and in a game like Halo 4, I would say that the difference is even bigger. Winning 1 FFA tournament could have him considered the best FFA player, but with competitive gameplay being centered around 4v4 these days, I wouldn't put too much weight on it when you have a team that stayed dominant through almost all of the AGLs.

I was speaking more along the lines of FFA playing quite differently from 4v4, and in a game like Halo 4, I would say that the difference is even bigger. Winning 1 FFA tournament could have him considered the best FFA player, but with competitive gameplay being centered around 4v4 these days, I wouldn't put too much weight on it when you have a team that stayed dominant through almost all of the AGLs.

Team skill doesn't equal individual skill that's the point. You can't measure how good an individual player is in a 4v4 setting, it's impossible. Almost every play made in some way is affected by your teammates. In a 1v1/FFA it's all individual skill. Every play you make is entirely up to you.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Team skill doesn't equal individual skill that's the point. You can't measure how good an individual player is in a 4v4 setting, it's impossible. Almost every play made in some way is affected by your teammates. In a 1v1/FFA it's all individual skill. Every play you make is entirely up to you.

...and he won the 4v4 and FFA tournaments sooo, not sure where this is going. I can understand if you disagree. Legit, Pistola, Ace and Str8 Sick were all on top of their game at the end of Halo 4.

And what I'm saying is that Ace could be considered the best FFA player in H4, but at the end of the day, he only won that by 1 kill(Light shining off of Goldenboy's head into a player's eyes at the right angle could have changed the outcome of that) in 1 FFA tournament to a player who had reigned supreme in the majority of the 4v4 event since the game came out. If you watch Ola's POV in an intense match at one of the AGLs and compare it to that of Ace, I would side with Ola the majority of the time. If the competitive scene was based around FFAs, and Ace had consistently high placings in those, then it would be a different story. I'm not here to change minds. I'm just explaining my thought process.

And what I'm saying is that Ace could be considered the best FFA player in H4, but at the end of the day, he only won that by 1 kill in 1 FFA tournament to a player who had won almost every 4v4 event since the game came out. If you watch Ola's POV in an intense match at one of the AGLs and compare it to that of Ace, I would side with Ola the majority of the time. If the competitive scene was based around FFAs, and Ace had consistently high placings in those, then it would be a different story. I'm not here to change minds. I'm just explaining my thought process.

Yea I get what you are saying. There are different sets of skills required to win different aspects. I just think if we are talking individual skill at H4 specifically Ace has to be in the discussion.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

And what I'm saying is that Ace could be considered the best FFA player in H4, but at the end of the day, he only won that by 1 kill in 1 FFA tournament to a player who had won almost every 4v4 event since the game came out. If you watch Ola's POV in an intense match at one of the AGLs and compare it to that of Ace, I would side with Ola the majority of the time. If the competitive scene was based around FFAs, and Ace had consistently high placings in those, then it would be a different story. I'm not here to change minds. I'm just explaining my thought process.

Yeah I definitely agree with you, Pistola from 2009 to 2013, despite the few breaks was hands down the best player in the game. Nobody denies that. He can even come back in Halo 5 and regain that title. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still maintain that a different set of players will begin to shine through more because the player movement changes the game for sure. I'm no ninja d-rider but his aggressiveness is rewarded with the extra abilities to get away to safety. Same with Contra, he is already one of the top 3 best shots in the game, and he stays alive forever. He poses a real threat in the future. I'm really excited to see how this all plays out. Roster mania is gonna be amazing if formal comes back.

@@Ace

He won the hardest AGL and H4GC. Not to mention the 1st place finish at the largest Reach event and 2nd place in Anaheim?

First place at the largest Reach event? Wasn't 2012 bigger than 2011 opener?

And no offence to anyone on that Requiem? team (i think it was that name) but they won that because of Warriors AND Ambush choking :lxthul:.

And Ola should have won.

• Upvote (+1) 3

well they did 3-1 CLG on lan, and took 4th.

They choked in terms of what they were capable of though considering that they were destroying online leading up the event. Like the 11-0 vs C9 (who they ended up losing to on LAN). On the other hand, 4th seemed like a pretty normal placing for the Arkanum WFX.

It's not Arkanum's fault though. Since he's joined he's undeniably been the best player on WFX. Like I said it's just the team composition was better with Contra IMO.

They choked in terms of what they were capable of though considering that they were destroying online leading up the event. Like the 11-0 vs C9 (who they ended up losing to on LAN). On the other hand, 4th seemed like a pretty normal placing for the Arkanum WFX.

It's not Arkanum's fault though. Since he's joined he's undeniably been the best player on WFX. Like I said it's just the team composition was better with Contra IMO.

Yes and no. They seemed to improve on Lockdown, stay the same on Warlord, and get worse on Shrine. I attribute the Shrine part to Arkanum playing a bit more conservatively/smarter when sniping, compared to the Contra team just giving anyone sniper, and using it more around the rings. 

Sitting back with sniper makes sense if your teammates aren't always pushing. 

I don't know who the best player on WFX is, but I wouldn't say it's Arkanum, not undeniably at least.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

SK to call Hysteria and ask him to drop Ola. :intel:

Damn I was kinda close?

Wow I've looked for the Zyos<Crate clip a while back and thought it was lost.. amazing stuff.. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Ace

He won the hardest AGL and H4GC. Not to mention the 1st place finish at the largest Reach event and 2nd place in Anaheim?

I mean, fair enough, but H4GC was FFA-based, which isn't an ideal indicator of skill.

Formal won AGL 3, 5, 7, and 9 (in H4) and placed top 3 in the majority of Reach events (top 5-6 in a couple), including an event win ... Instinct was dominant in Reach, of course, but Formal was the most impressive single player to watch (for me).  You could have replaced any player on the Godsquad with Formal and they would have done just as well, if not better ... imo.  Hopefully he at least checks out H5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know who the best player on WFX is, but I wouldn't say it's Arkanum, not undeniably at least.

Well, I don't think many would choose Randa (no offense intended). And Naded's LAN performances in S2 were uneven - great one game, bad the next.

It's a toss-up between Arkanum & Ryanoob in my eyes. Arkanum's a very solid main slayer/sniper (right up there with Royal 2 & Mikwen, in my eyes) , but it's often Ryanoob's plays that make or break the game for them. 

Edit: Said "my eyes" twice.  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Say what you want about Ace, but he's won more money playing Halo than most other pros ever.

This is true, but also not relevant to the discussion of a player at the current/recent time. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is true, but also not relevant to the discussion of a player at the current/recent time. 

So you're saying Formal was the best H4 player? How could he be? You guys lost to Playajoe and the Nighthawks.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2