CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is very hard to determine because Roybox and Snipedown were both competing when Halo was at the very highest of competition and getting 1st and 2nd at Nationals too. It would definitely be an even matchup. I'd love to see it!! Anyone gotta time machine?

How come you post in different font?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd put money on current EG personally, given both teams were able to acclimatize properly to both games. It's not as if FB had a quota on skill, what would stop Snipedown from being one of the absolute most skilled players in H2? Also lets not forget Roy/Lunch were present in H2 and did OK for themselves - would you say they're worse players or better players now? The overall standard of teamwork / coordination has improved with the games progression as has the expectation on individual skill.

It's great that FB had the success they did but it's part and parcel of the surrounding circumstances not some otherworldy force that stops them from ever being beating. A comparison that springs to mind is the NiP CSGO team that went 87-0 in LAN maps winning everything they touched for at least the first year of CSGO. Yes they were absolutely impenetrable at the time but they would be dismantled by the top teams of only a few years down the line.

At a different game (H3) that they barely practiced. OGRE1 had basically retired before the 08 season rolled out. This is ridiculous man. h2 actually had a lan scene and a much bigger online competitive scene. The standard was higher then, not now. Go look at Warlock by comparison, and look at how many assists teams were racking in the final season. Better teamshooting, better understanding of the game, execution, what have you. The game had a lifespan of 3 years with many more tournaments. EG has been around for 2 years, not 3 and they've participated in far less tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who cares which team was better, just be glad that we got to watch both of them in action.

I'd put money on current EG personally, given both teams were able to acclimatize properly to both games. It's not as if FB had a quota on skill, what would stop Snipedown from being one of the absolute most skilled players in H2? Also lets not forget Roy/Lunch were present in H2 and did OK for themselves - would you say they're worse players or better players now? The overall standard of teamwork / coordination has improved with the games progression as has the expectation on individual skill.

It's great that FB had the success they did but it's part and parcel of the surrounding circumstances not some otherworldy force that stops them from ever being beating. A comparison that springs to mind is the NiP CSGO team that went 87-0 in LAN maps winning everything they touched for at least the first year of CSGO. Yes they were absolutely impenetrable at the time but they would be dismantled by the top teams of only a few years down the line.

Actually the NiP dominance in early CSGO is more comparable to EG in H2A because their dominance came at a time when there was MAJORLY decreased competition and even decreased game popularity at the beginning of CSGO much like the current Halo scene post 2010. FB dominated in the PRIME of Halo when it was THE shooter in America and Walshy, Ogre 2, and Ogre 1 didn't place outside top 2 as a team until the second event of H3. There is no comparison currently, just like when ignorant people tried to say Complexity in CoD was comparable to FB. Not only that, but H2A was seen as inferior to its predecessor much like H2A is. Now I realize NiP was a dominant 1.6 team as well which makes it different.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The NiP dominance in early CSGO is more comparable to EG in H2A actually because their dominance came at a time when there was MAJORLY decreased competition and even decreased game popularity at the beginning of CSGO much like the current Halo scene post 2010. Not only that, but it was seen as inferior to its predecessor much like H2A is. Now I realize NiP was a dominant 1.6 team as well which makes it different.

I take it you're referring to SK and Fnatic in 1.6 and not NiP(as everybody who were part of that team have retired), a game which f0rest was ranked second best of all time(fun fact; HeatoN and Potti from the dominant 1.6 NiP team are ranked 4th and 3rd, and everybody I've mentioned so far has been Swedish, so... Swedish power!).

And so many people disrespecting the  :goat:  in here atm... SMH(yes, I'm looking at you, FB '07 purists)

I take it you're referring to SK and Fnatic in 1.6 and not NiP(as everybody who were part of that team have retired), a game which f0rest was ranked second best of all time(fun fact; HeatoN and Potti from the dominant 1.6 NiP team are ranked 4th and 3rd, and everybody I've mentioned so far has been Swedish, so... Swedish power!).

And so many people disrespecting the  :goat:  in here atm... SMH(yes, I'm looking at you, FB '07 purists)

I meant some of the same players who were dominant in 1.6 were on the NiP team that dominated early CSGO. All I remember was rooting for Team 3D at the time lol.

Remember when I got gang-bashed when I said EG was unbeatable?

:flames:  :flames:  :flames:

Kidding of course, they dropped some series, but I still think EG are the undisputed kings of H2A. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Remember when I got gang-bashed when I said EG was unbeatable?

:flames: :flames: :flames:

Kidding of course, they dropped some series, but I still think EG are the undisputed kings of H2A.

I don't think there is any way to argue against that haha they were definitely the kings of H2A by a wide margin

Anything to be noticed by a senpai.

This is basically a MJ vs Lebron argument but Halo form.

Can we just respect them both equally?

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But MJ is better...  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol I stated that previously. But then people respond to a comment I made earlier and then it goes back and forth all over again. I have no problem saying they are the best team in Halo right now.

I wonder how long it will be until the roster hurricane brews up.

As stated lots of times, it all depends on contracts, which could prevent a hurricane.

This is not a question of respect. This is a question of rating these guys' achievements. You can respect Lebron and not put him on the same pedestal as MJ. They are in no way comparable and no team ever will unless competitive Halo somehow comes back from the dead. 

EG is undoubtedly the best H2A team. There is no argument therein. But one has to understand their run within the particular context.

I'm by no means  disrespecting the domination you guys have shown for both S1 and S2 but IMO the dominance of that FB back in 2007 was just a bit above the current EG, they were THAT high above any other team(including Carbon which was ridiculous at that point in time). 

IMO(in order) 

FB 2007

Current EG

GodSquad Instinct

Surely 2010 FB>GS Instinct? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

KARMA, karma would prevent that.  how many ffa events did he win in 06???

Only ALL OF THEM!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Comparing a 3 year timeline to under a year isn't a fair comparison though.

FB competed in H2 through 05-07. 32 tournaments. Dominated with two different players until the end of Saiyan's career.

EG only had 7 months of tournament play with Lethul. Which was 6 LAN tournaments and a bunch of online stuff. One tournament with Ola and they finished 2nd.

Sample size is so drastically different that it's just not fair.

They were/are both great. FB is still the most dominant team to ever play a Halo game. 

Exactly.

The old "this is from then is better than this from now, but we'll never know because there is no actual way to ever know" arguments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've always been used to Times New Roman and I like the way it looks. I wish there were a feature on these forums where I could save my default font. If there is I can't seem to find it. @@Moa ?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1