CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not to mention H2A doesn't have button combos, and is very team-focused. H2C had way more indiv. skill importance and a smaller reliance on teamshooting. 

EG is the best at H2A period. Mentioning Final Boss playing H2A is like bringing up Steffi Graf playing modern tennis and whether she could beat Serena Williams or not (it's a pointless argument, and Serena would win  :bravo: ) 

• Upvote (+1) 1

A 2007 transported to the future would probably beat EG at H2C, but EG would probably beat FB in H2A.

I brought up H3 to show you how a different game can change a teams dominance. H2A and H2C are absolutely different games, moreso than you think, ask the pros and they'll tell you the same.

Look at the difference between Warlock and Warlord/Sanc and Shrine with all the new jump-ups, the shotty in H2A is very powerful as well. Spawns are also very different. The interactive elements on Shrine and Lockdown also change gameplay significantly, and Sanc has much less cover in rocks.

Add in superior registration that makes shots previously had to hit fairly consistent (BR3 to S2/3/Street to Rocks, etc), lack of button glitches, flag running differences and many other things.

Button glitches made H2C more of a one-man can alter the game type of playstyle, and close quarters strafing was incredibly fast and skilled.

By transported to the future I don't mean thy never touched the game. I'm talking if we had FB play the game since it came out just like every other team. Yes I know how different the games are, but if you can master H2 you can definitely master H2A. I'm not saying that H2A is this super easy game but the overall meta is a lot smaller than H2. Mia there is only 3 maps. Final Boss dominated a more competitive game with a lot more competition. It's not a discredit to EG it's a testament to how great I believe Final Boss was. Now if we are talking just throwing 2007 FB in the game with no minimal at time of course EG would win. But both teams fully practiced I don't believe FB could lose

Not to mention H2A doesn't have button combos, and is very team-focused. H2C had way more indiv. skill importance and a smaller reliance on teamshooting.

EG is the best at H2A period. Mentioning Final Boss playing H2A is like bringing up Steffi Graf playing modern tennis and whether she could beat Serena Williams or not (it's a pointless argument, and Serena would win :bravo: )

It is a pointless argument. Most arguments are hypothetical at this point. This is what happens when H2A is over and there's nothing left to talk about

Okay this is the las thing I will say on this matter (I know I've said that a lot). To me, top 5 means that if 5 new Organizations just started, and they each had to pick one player to build around, then those players would be the top 5.

If I was that new organization my first pick would honestly be Lethul if he was available. :lxthul:

This FB vs EG debate is silly. The trio of Ogres and Walshy won a National Championship in H1, 2 in H2 and the H3 opener. That is a ridiculous track record and probably will never be duplicated. Also, if FB put as much effort into H2A as EG, you bet you're ass they'd be able to compete. Anyone who played against the Ogres back then can tell you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This FB vs EG debate is silly. The trio of Ogres and Walshy won a National Championship in H1, 2 in H2 and the H3 opener. That is a ridiculous track record and probably will never be duplicated. Also, if FB put as much effort into H2A as EG, you bet you're ass they'd be able to compete. Anyone who played against the Ogres back then can tell you.

Honestly, that's all I was trying to say.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Ok, and I would like to see the 2007 FB come to H2A and play us? It's two completely different games, there is no comparison. Just what each team accomplished

I'm by no means  disrespecting the domination you guys have shown for both S1 and S2 but IMO the dominance of that FB back in 2007 was just a bit above the current EG, they were THAT high above any other team(including Carbon which was ridiculous at that point in time). 

IMO(in order) 

FB 2007

Current EG

GodSquad Instinct

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

07FB>>>>>>>>>>>>>EG there is no comparison, dont bother trying just dig a hole.  The 07 FB squad would win every time, hell i'd even put money on the 05 FB with saiyan.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If EG is in every finals and wins 80% of them for the next 3 years,we can talk. Maybe.

• Upvote (+1) 3

People also still forget that Ogre 2 didn't place outside the top 2 in any event he played in until the second event of h3. Now that's ridiculous

• Upvote (+1) 5

People also still forget that Ogre 2 didn't place outside the top 2 in any event he played in until the second event of h3. Now that's ridiculous

I think as far as individuals are concerned Ogre2 is the  :goat:  without question.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is EG the new Final Boss? Well, maybe not. I mean h2c was a weird time, where there were a lot of teams and events. They're the closest thing to FB in this era though.

No, they'd have to be dethroned to be called a new FB.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok, and I would like to see the 2007 FB come to H2A and play us? It's two completely different games, there is no comparison. Just what each team accomplished

You took the bait, retreat retreat lol don't listen to anything on here man.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You took the bait, retreat retreat lol don't listen to anything on here man.

Don't listen to him, keeping feeding the fire. We need something to keep us busy until the H5 pre-launch events.  :walshy:

FB dominated the game at an all-time high level of competition and participation when the game had a 3 year competitive life span.

The talent pool and competition is orders of magnitude lower with H2A. Outside of EG, CLG, Denial, I doubt many other teams could even crack Top 8 at H2. The top teams do not even LAN anymore.

I'm sorry. Teams practiced a lot more back then and the amount of people playing along with how long the game's competitive lifespan was drove the top players to play the game at a much higher level than we have seen it being played. 

For example, you take any of the 2010 Top 8 teams back to 08 and they'd blow the competition away. 

FB's gameplay was more refined, drilled and sophisticated than what EG's got going. Only department that EG has an advantage in is Towey. 

You can't compare this era to pre-Reach. It's day and night.

BAck in H3, you had like 6 teams lanning at the Joe Fries/Totz house before events. This discussion is a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd put money on current EG personally, given both teams were able to acclimatize properly to both games. It's not as if FB had a quota on skill, what would stop Snipedown from being one of the absolute most skilled players in H2? Also lets not forget Roy/Lunch were present in H2 and did OK for themselves - would you say they're worse players or better players now? The overall standard of teamwork / coordination has improved with the games progression as has the expectation on individual skill.

It's great that FB had the success they did but it's part and parcel of the surrounding circumstances not some otherworldy force that stops them from ever being beating. A comparison that springs to mind is the NiP CSGO team that went 87-0 in LAN maps winning everything they touched for at least the first year of CSGO. Yes they were absolutely impenetrable at the time but they would be dismantled by the top teams of only a few years down the line.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'd put money on current EG personally, given both teams were able to acclimatize properly to both games. It's not as if FB had a quota on skill, what would stop Snipedown from being one of the absolute most skilled players in H2? Also lets not forget Roy/Lunch were present in H2 and did OK for themselves - would you say they're worse players or better players now? The overall standard of teamwork / coordination has improved with the games progression as has the expectation on individual skill.

It's great that FB had the success they did but it's part and parcel of the surrounding circumstances not some otherworldy force that stops them from ever being beating. A comparison that springs to mind is the NiP CSGO team that went 87-0 in LAN maps winning everything they touched for at least the first year of CSGO. Yes they were absolutely impenetrable at the time but they would be dismantled by the top teams of only a few years down the line.

I want you to look up how many hours EG put into H2A compared to what FB put in Halo 2. I guarantee FB played a hell of a lot more than EG. They played a ridiculous amount and they were always playing together. Aside from scrims here and there EG all had jobs and played other games like CS:GO. FB dedicated their lives to the game. And let's say this as well, Walshy popularized "clawing" and Strongside invented Strongsiding. The latter is used considerably now by the players you claim to be better than FB. Come on now, FB had green room strats, and all these things that they literally invented. Their cerebral game was out of this world.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

I'd put money on current EG personally, given both teams were able to acclimatize properly to both games. It's not as if FB had a quota on skill, what would stop Snipedown from being one of the absolute most skilled players in H2? 

KARMA, karma would prevent that.  how many ffa events did he win in 06???

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want you to look up how many hours EG put into H2A compared to what FB put in Halo 2. I guarantee FB played a hell of a lot more than EG. They played a ridiculous amount and they were always playing together. Aside from scrims here and there EG all had jobs and played other games like CS:GO. FB dedicated their lives to the game. And let's say this as well, Walshy popularized "clawing" and Strongside invented Strongsiding. The latter is used considerably now by the players you claim to be better than FB. Come on now, FB had green room strats, and all these things that they literally invented. Their cerebral game was out of this world.

Purely for the sake of argument:

• How many hours have EG's members dedicated to their craft total? Forget one game, Snipedown didn't rise to prominence in H2A, he did that 7 years earlier in H3.
  • How does inventing something change anything?

It's not EG's fault that H2A is a REMAKE where all the good strategies have already been found... 

It's not EG's fault that H2A is a REMAKE where all the good strategies have already been found...

The point is that a lot of what EG is doing is because of what FB has already done. Yes EG has played a lot over the years but that doesn't exactly translate into tournament wins. In the months between H2A tournaments they played VERY LITTLE. With that kind of work ethic FB would stomp them, they played thee game religiously. Another thing, the Ogre twins and Walshy (idk about Strongside tbh) played Halo feverishly since CE it's not like they only played for 2 years. And if you want to use that as an argument then that would make Lethul nowhere near as good as his 3 teammates since you put so much emphasis on playing time on past titles. I guess this is all I need to hear, do you really think EG would beat FB from 2007 at H2A after seeing how DOMINANT FB was during much higher competition?

do you really think EG would beat FB from 2007 at H2A after seeing how DOMINANT FB was during much higher competition?

This is very hard to determine because Roybox and Snipedown were both competing when Halo was at the very highest of competition and getting 1st and 2nd at Nationals too. It would definitely be an even matchup. I'd love to see it!! Anyone gotta time machine?

I'm by no means  disrespecting the domination you guys have shown for both S1 and S2 but IMO the dominance of that FB back in 2007 was just a bit above the current EG, they were THAT high above any other team(including Carbon which was ridiculous at that point in time). 

IMO(in order) 

FB 2007

Current EG

GodSquad Instinct

Surprising there's no mention of 2010 fb considering that's when the competition was fierce imo when the amount of practice each time had was incredible with TLN.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is very hard to determine because Roybox and Snipedown were both competing when Halo was at the very highest of competition and getting 1st and 2nd at Nationals too. It would definitely be an even matchup. I'd love to see it!! Anyone gotta time machine?

I wish man. To see FB in their prime again would be the best thing ever. Just so fun to watch them do things no one else thought of