CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So did the stream hit peak viewership on Friday? (25k)

I think the finals hit like, 28-30, but don't quote me on that.

IMO halo is a team game so to be in the top 5 overall players to me you have to make your team better and lethul does that.

Good bye, GOAT!  :(

Is he done or is he "done" done? Might be reading a bit too into it I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is he done or is he "done" done? Might be reading a bit too into it I guess.

I think he's probably just decompressing and shifting away from the scene for a few months, anyway. If he doesn't come back for at least one season of Halo 5, I'll be incredibly surprised.

There's a reason they are so dominant. In this specific case it just so happens to be true...the best team is comprised of the four best players and best coach.  :halo: If they keep up their dedication and really get on the grind for Halo 5 they will continue their dynasty. 

Hard to say as rostermania will happen before h5 and this game seems completely different to anything we've seen yet (closest would be reach?) so to say they'd still be at the very top as they have been doing is way too early. Any team with roybox on will always be near the top but I'll be surprised if they continue the LAN streak they have right now.

Wish we had a time machine to see 2007 FB vs 2015 EG on Og h2 classic. Would be such a good series. Fb would def take it though.

I don't see this even being remotely close, no offence to the EG guys.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't see this even being remotely close, no offence to the EG guys.

Lethul and Snipedown didn't even play competitive H2, wouldn't be able to just pick it up one day an play against literally the best. Would have to agree, EG probably wouldn't be able to sit down for a few days due to the damage done.

Ah yes somehow your opinions of skill are better than mine. Thanks guys

Most people on this forum opinions on pro players change every couple of weeks. I wouldn't worry about it. I see your point. You're not wrong but tj is very good. I used to watch him play h3 on his stream before mcc came out. People think mikwen is the best quick scope sniper but I'm sure anyone who watched his stream back then will agree that tj gives him more than a run for his money in a much harder game too. Just throwing it out there, he definitely very indv skilled.

Wish we had a time machine to see 2007 FB vs 2015 EG on Og h2 classic. Would be such a good series. Fb would def take it though.

There will be nothing like that FB, the dominance was real.

There will be nothing like that FB, the dominance was real.

Ok, and I would like to see the 2007 FB come to H2A and play us? It's two completely different games, there is no comparison. Just what each team accomplished

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ok, and I would like to see the 2007 FB come to H2A and play us? It's two completely different games, there is no comparison. Just what each team accomplished

If we are talking FB will all their gaming talent from 2007 playing against the current EG I still feel FB would have an advantage. Ogre twins beat every single pair of people they played against, they were easily the best slayers in the game. Walshy was a strategic mastermind and Strongside has a mechanic nemeses after him. They were just one hell of a team and it may be bias, but I don't see people ever really being a team as good as them mainly because of what they did for the game.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If we are talking FB will all their gaming talent from 2007 playing against the current EG I still feel FB would have an advantage. Ogre twins beat every single pair of people they played against, they were easily the best slayers in the game. Walshy was a strategic mastermind and Strongside has a mechanic nemeses after him. They were just one hell of a team and it may be bias, but I don't see people ever really being a team as good as them mainly because of what they did for the game.

And yet FB didnt have any dominance in H3 because it was a different game, as is the case with H2A and H2C.

Button combos, glitches, registration, and other nuances significantly differentiate H2C and H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well all 4 of 2007 FB are still alive and kicking aren't they? What are we waiting for?! :walshy: 

And yet FB didnt have any dominance in H3 because it was a different game, as is the case with H2A and H2C.

Button combos, glitches, registration, and other nuances significantly differentiate H2C and H2A.

Well for one, they did do well as their original squad in the beginning. But we don't know what was going on in their lives at that point. Things like Ogre 1 leaving are pretty major. And they were getting older. To be quite honest I don't know why you brought up H3. The argument was a 2007 FB basically transported to the future. I believe that squad would beat EG sheerly due to how dominant they were. Also the difference between H2 and H3 are way more monumental than H2 to H2A. If anything H2C is a more difficult version of H2A (I'm prepared to get backlash on that statement). It's not discrediting EG. It's almost like comparing the Dream Team to the current NBA starts. You'll never know it's just all speculation
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Don't let the "anniversary" fool you, they're two completely different games. H2A has even more of a focus on teamskill than H2C in terms of individual vs team skill balance. EG's proved they're the top team with an unparalleled level of teamwork. CLG showed they have what it takes to hang in there with them, but not what it takes to control the pace of the game and ultimately win the series.

Is EG the new Final Boss? Well, maybe not. I mean h2c was a weird time, where there were a lot of teams and events. They're the closest thing to FB in this era though.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Don't let the "anniversary" fool you, they're two completely different games. H2A has even more of a focus on teamskill than H2C in terms of individual vs team skill balance. EG's proved they're the top team with an unparalleled level of teamwork. CLG showed they have what it takes to hang in there with them, but not what it takes to control the pace of the game and ultimately win the series.

Is EG the new Final Boss? Well, maybe not. I mean h2c was a weird time, where there were a lot of teams and events. They're the closest thing to FB in this era though.

And I agree with this statement 100%

A 2007 transported to the future would probably beat EG at H2C, but EG would probably beat FB in H2A. 

I brought up H3 to show you how a different game can change a teams dominance. H2A and H2C are absolutely different games, moreso than you think, ask the pros and they'll tell you the same.

Look at the difference between Warlock and Warlord/Sanc and Shrine with all the new jump-ups, the shotty in H2A is very powerful as well. Spawns are also very different. The interactive elements on Shrine and Lockdown also change gameplay significantly, and Sanc has much less cover in rocks.

Add in superior registration that makes shots previously had to hit fairly consistent (BR3 to S2/3/Street to Rocks, etc), lack of button glitches, flag running differences and many other things.

Button glitches made H2C more of a one-man can alter the game type of playstyle, and close quarters strafing was incredibly fast and skilled.

• Upvote (+1) 2