CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Okay this is the las thing I will say on this matter (I know I've said that a lot). To me, top 5 means that if 5 new Organizations just started, and they each had to pick one player to build around, then those players would be the top 5.

Dude. If you were making a brand new To4 from all current players, you'd have to be fucking high not to pick TJ.

He is the single best player in H2A. He has made game changing plays in literally every LAN event. Game-changing plays that would have changed the outcome of a series (i.e. sending EG to losers bracket). He went like 18-6 in the last game of competitive H2A.

If you don't think he's individually skilled then there's no possible way you've watched him play. I mean, watch his Reach-tage for fuck's sake.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dude. If you were making a brand new To4 from all current players, you'd have to be fucking high not to pick TJ.

He is the single best player in H2A. He has made game changing plays in literally every LAN event. Game-changing plays that would have changed the outcome of a series (i.e. sending EG to losers bracket).

If you don't think he isn't individually skilled then there's no possible way you've watched him play. I mean, watch his Reach-tage for fuck's sake.

I didn't say he wasn't individually skilled. I said his individual skill isn't top 5.

Come on guys. Lethul can be annoying but hes a phenomenal player. Lets be real.

drugs-are-bad-o.gif

So what you are saying is that if you aren't top 5 you are awful? There are just so many people that lead teams with way less manpower than EG has.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

better than Ace? Royal 2? Snakebite? Hysteria? Arkanum? His other 3 teammates? No way man

YES, yes, yes, DUH, yes, irrelevant.

• Upvote (+1) 1

thanks for your contribution.

The fact that TJ completely transformed his playstyle and propelled EG to top 1 in 5/6 events speaks volumes. All the players you mentioned are "flashier", but have you really been watching?

Ace and OpTic have the worst work ethic out of the top 7 and his team struggles for 5th place.

R2 & Sbite are great flashy slayers but they are notorious baiters and play a bit selfish, it shows in CLG's inability to win OBJ against EG.

Hysteria? LANsteria is completely overrated, if you took out his first two or three series every LAN it would give you a much better picture that shows such. The most recent series C9 v CLG, he was going at least -10 almost every game.

Arkanum is a great sniper/slayer but again, a bit less OBJ minded. 

People forget how great of a sniper/slayer TJ was on BtH.

Is that a better contribution?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The fact that TJ completely transformed his playstyle and propelled EG to top 1 in 5/6 events speaks volumes. All the players you mentioned are "flashier", but have you really been watching?

Ace and OpTic have the worst work ethic out of the top 7 and his team struggles for 5th place.

R2 & Sbite are great flashy slayers but they are notorious baiters and play a bit selfish, it shows in CLG's inability to win OBJ against EG.

Hysteria? LANsteria is completely overrated, if you took out his first two or three series every LAN it would give you a much better picture that shows such. The most recent series C9 v CLG, he was going at least -10 almost every game.

Arkanum is a great sniper/slayer but again, a bit less OBJ minded.

People forget how great of a sniper/slayer TJ was on BtH.

Is that a better contribution?

First, you make it sound like changing up a play style to play with the 3 best players in the game is a huge accomplishment. Team work ethic doesn't equal overall skill. Ace is extremely skilled. You seem to be using the argument of a better team means all the players are the best. Next, CLG's inability to win obj could be, I don't know, that Roy and Snipedown are overall better than slayers than Royal 2 and Snakebite. Hysteria is for from overrated, he dropped 20 plus kills in one if the most clutch performances in all of H2A hell he even did it with Ninja on his team. Yes Arkanum isn't obj minded but he isn't supposed to be, he's a main slayer. Just because EG is a better team with, again, TOWEY, doesn't mean every player is the those were jut a few there are others like APG but I was jut listing a little. Come on you really think out of every Halo player right now he is more skilled than everyone except his teammates? That's insane man there is no way. Props to him for winning so much with his squad though
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

^ Ace, Hysteria, and Arkanum aren't even the best players on their team nonetheless even coming close to touching the top 5. Hysteria played awful this event. He's very inconsistent and has one of the worst attitudes in Halo. Ace is solid and shows flashes of greatness but pretty inconsistent himself. Arkanum...I mean I like the guy and he can slay pretty well but to compare him to Lethul is a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ah yes somehow your opinions of skill are better than mine. Thanks guys

Your definition of skill is vary narrow - how well someone can aim and slay. I'd call that ability. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Your definition of skill is vary narrow - how well someone can aim and slay. I'd call that ability.

really because that's not remotely what I'm talking about. Lethul doesn't excel at any one thing more than any top 5 player nor is he overall a better player than them. Let's say this: on any team name a group of three players you would rather have over Snipedown and RoyBox. He easily has the best team right there. Seriously top 5 is giving him way too much credit and discrediting everyone else.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1) CLG's inability to win obj could be, I don't know, that Roy and Snipedown are overall better than slayers than Royal 2 and Snakebite.

2) Hysteria is for from overrated, he dropped 20 plus kills in one if the most clutch performances in all of H2A hell he even did it with Ninja on his team.

3) Yes Arkanum isn't obj minded but he isn't supposed to be, he's a main slayer. 

1) Snakebite and Royal 2 outslayed EG in the finals of the previous two LANs, and I think its plausible to say they ARE better SLAYERS than Roy and Snipedown, yet they still come up short.

2) Hysteria might be the most volatile professional on the circuit right now, a huge ball of negativity, and one clutch performance does not change the fact that his stats are below average vs top 8 teams, especially at the finals. Also Ninja is actually a decent slayer who obviously has many faults but stop acting like they played 3v4 for an entire season.

3) Ok, so you admit Ark has one talent: slaying. TJ has proven he can slay with the best, snipe with the best, and when EG needed a glue-guy he sacrificed all the individual recognition to propel them to record breaking win streaks.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm done replying you can say he's Top 5 to you that's great I have no problem with that. But he's not top 5 for me. Let's just agree to disagree.

Wish we had a time machine to see 2007 FB vs 2015 EG on Og h2 classic. Would be such a good series. Fb would def take it though.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm done replying you can say he's Top 5 to you that's great I have no problem with that. But he's not top 5 for me. Let's just agree to disagree.

I respect that you have your own opinion but a lot of your observations and definitions are just misplaced. The last few pages of this thread are you disputing others opinions with illogical/half-baked statements and I decided to offer a bit of rebuttal.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I respect that you have your own opinion but a lot of your observations and definitions are just misplaced. The last few pages of this thread are you disputing others opinions with illogical/half-baked statements and I decided to offer a bit of rebuttal.

To be honest I just don't like typing a lot and explaining everything over texts. I want you to know I'm not basing my opinions solely on the words I've written, there's a lot going on in my head that would just take too long to explain. I have been watching and playing halo since the beginning I don't just speak from the past couple titles, I'm not trying to discredit anyone. We have all seen different people make different plays at different times and formulated different opinions. Lethul is a 5x champ and him and his team dominated H2A. That is fact and that is all that can be proven.
  • Upvote (+1) 1