CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I forget if he graduated college before H2A, or if he put it on hold. If he did graduate, he can stay in the CLG house while he continues to play for them. With not having to pay rent or fees for utilities, buy all of his food, getting paid a salary by CLG(I don't have much of an idea of what the numbers are, but it probably helps out with his college loans a little), and getting tournament income(what's left of it after those high taxes), and can try to hunt for a job in the LA area(From what I hear from relatives down there, it definitely isn't the greatest area for somebody just entering the workforce, so it probably isn't too much of a pro in this arguement). If he didn't finish college, he'll probably complete that in his early 30's, which might be a little rough. I have no clue what he still has in the bank from all of his tournaments over the years, or if he had invested any of it, so that could help out when he retires from Halo. I'm not expecting him to work in the gaming industry after he retires from Halo, and I'm not convinced that playing Halo for as long as it's profitable is the best career move for him, but for now, things appear to be going alright.

Maybe he's been really really smart with his money and won't have to work for a while? He can just relax and continue winning money and using his sponsorship. He's got it made.

Videogame professionals are all basically Olympic athletes, they have to balance working, school and practice. They can't just play their sport full time unless they are the very very very top. But hey, Olympic athletes can make it work, so can the winningest player in Halo history with a CLG sponsorship.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Could anybody link me to somewhere I can watch the mcc invitationals?

Thank you, I was really struggling to find a playlist for it on Xbox.

After this weekends Xbox live issues, it became apparent there needs to be better LAN support for Halo 5. So everyone make sure they vote for it in the Xbox Feedback page.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251650-console-accessories/suggestions/6146110-would-like-to-see-more-lan-support

Rod Ferguson did say at e3 that gears will have lan support at release, so theres no logical reason why lan shouldent be planned for the future of any multiplayer game on xbox. 

im not going to take the time to find where he said that but i remember Rod confirming lan for gears on xbox.  (i see you 343 engineers lurking, i see you.)

Congratulations EG, just watched the rebroadcast as it was too late for me and managed to avoid spoilers which was nice.

More importantly though, cya H2A!

anchorman.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I got tired of Sud1 following me every so often expecting me to follow back:

Was it something I said?

0ecbc13ac350bf62e492b06ec5155ced.png

@@suddoth1

• Upvote (+1) 3

Have they announced who won the prizes yet so I can unfollow and unlike about 100 things I liked?

• Upvote (+1) 5

@@publicbussystem holy shit, 2gre is living the life

He competed up until the end of Halo 3 in 2010 and a little bit in Reach before he retired.

Here at the end of H2A you have to put all 4 members of EG in the top 5, I'm sorry but it has to happen. Snipedown and Roys ridiculous ability is a given but Lethul winning the most money of all professional Halo players this year says a lot and Lunchbox is just a huge playmaker, he literally has no fear in any situation - he makes lightning fast decisions and sticks to em whether they work out or not. The 5th spot goes to either Royal 2 or Snakebite, they were playing lights out last 2 events. I do agree with you about the individual players though. So much talent it's insane.

I just can't give him top 5 based on his individual skill. I'd compare him more to someone like Mike Miller when the Heat won the championship. He was a big contributer to their wins, but he isn't the most individually amazing. You could argue that someone like Koby could've helped them win even more but it's all just speculation. That's the point I was trying to make. Being on the winning team doesn't make you the greatest player. Again, playing with teammates like that makes things like map movement and those things a little bit easier. Roy rarely loses his fights and snipedown can snipe Jesus outta heaven. Looking at the other teams there are players from almost every team that have people more skillful than Lethul IMO. Before someone comes in and says I just hate him personally, I don't at all.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Well, it looks like he has an alright living situation right now

and making money from playing Halo as opposed to an office job doesn't sound too bad.

Holy crap living with 16 people would get annoying real quick.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Awesome event, what was the peak viewership?

Bravo said 26k. Highest I saw was 25k on friday and for a breif second on sunday before one of the disconnects.

I just can't give him top 5 based on his individual skill. I'd compare him more to someone like Mike Miller when the Heat won the championship. He was a big contributer to their wins, but he isn't the most individually amazing. You could argue that someone like Koby could've helped them win even more but it's all just speculation. That's the point I was trying to make. Being on the winning team doesn't make you the greatest player. Again, playing with teammates like that makes things like map movement and those things a little bit easier. Roy rarely loses his fights and snipedown can snipe Jesus outta heaven. Looking at the other teams there are players from almost every team that have people more skillful than Lethul IMO. Before someone comes in and says I just hate him personally, I don't at all.

Lethul is top 5 skill for sure. Maybe you're just not noticing it because he is on EG, and he changed his playstyle.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Lethul is top 5 skill for sure. Maybe you're just not noticing it because he is on EG, and he changed his playstyle.

better than Ace? Royal 2? Snakebite? Hysteria? Arkanum? His other 3 teammates? No way man
  • Upvote (+1) 1

better than Ace? Royal 2? Snakebite? Hysteria? Arkanum? His other 3 teammates? No way man

I feel we need a professional's perspective on this. Someone who's been competing against him or teaming with him maybe? @@Heinz @@RyaNoob @@MaNiaC

Lethul won the most money for a reason, the dude can perform and is definitely a top 5.

As for team changes @@MrKrabs I'd say now!!!!! 

Also the voice of Master Chief and Cortana will be there. 

I'm getting them to sign my broken Halo 3 disc so I can frame it. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I feel we need a professional's perspective on this. Someone who's been competing against him or teaming with him maybe? @@Heinz @@RyaNoob @@MaNiaC

Lethul won the most money for a reason, the dude can perform and is definitely a top 5.

As for team changes @@MrKrabs I'd say now!!!!!

I'm getting them to sign my broken Halo 3 disc so I can frame it.

forgot to mention my boy APG whoops. I agree, pro insight would definitely help on this
  • Upvote (+1) 1